Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

"Cowardly Bully"

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:08 - 13 Nov 2018    Post subject: "Cowardly Bully" Reply with quote

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/17216870.you-coward-vigilante-steven-walden-batters-motorcyclist-after-knocking-him-off-bike/

Quote:
Motorbike mad Steven Walden reached speeds of 70mph down residential roads as he tried to hunt down the rider, who he believed had stolen the vehicle.

Taking the law into his own hands, the 22-year-old collided with the victim, flipping his own car in the process and leaving the motorcyclist in a serious condition.

apparently he then proceeded to beat them with an asp too

Shocked

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:15 - 13 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

FFS, 18 photos and the only one which might be interesting is blurry. Rolling Eyes

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:19 - 13 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to facebook, the bike was stolen.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:19 - 13 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deserves a medal not a sentence. That's what the old bill should be doing. Knocking them off with their cars and
giving them a sturdy kicking once they are on the deck. Might actually make the little shits think twice before they
nick someones bike.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:31 - 13 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Yes it was stolen it was a young girls had been gone a couple of weeks. No mention of this in the papers. They only report what they want to . Never the whole thing. Yes he did fuck up big time but he did go looking for this bike as he knew it was stolen and who was tagging it. The only real mistake he made was not insuring the car. If it hadn’t flipped. Their would have been a whole different story."

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:34 - 13 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, well, if you read up on Steven Walden, he's not exactly a pillar of the community !!, And, whilst I have no sympathy for the thief, deserved what he got, I think to Walden, it was just a way of legitimizing his violence, as much as it was helping recover stolen motorbikes. So, in this instance, he did deserved his sentence.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:54 - 13 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
I think to Walden, it was just a way of legitimizing his violence

So it was a legitimate use of violence.

linuxyeti wrote:
So, in this instance, he did deserved his sentence

Hang on, what? Laughing
I have little sympathy for thieves and criminals who pick on the wrong person and find themselves in a world of hurt. Their choice, and they can reap the consequences as far as I'm concerned.

Edit: That article suggests that he directly helped locate 300 stolen bikes. Shocked
It seems like he's getting a harsher sentence because he went vigilante, and he will have to leave town anyway due to death threats. I'd love to know the background of this lovable rogue who stole the bike.

Last edited by BTTD on 15:03 - 13 Nov 2018; edited 1 time in total

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:00 - 13 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
OK, well, if you read up on Steven Walden, he's not exactly a pillar of the community !!

I'm not sure that has much to do with it, thugs have their bikes nicked too. Bit like those bellends in the news this week
that tried to rob a pikey camp and got chased off by the pikies then caught by the fuzz. Laughing

We used to have state funded thugs once upon a time when there was still a Police Force to do this kind of thing for us.
They're too busy policing the internet because someone said paki or faggot or some other such trivial "hate crime"
because it's easier than booting in doors and smashing faces into the pavement of these blatant little tea leaves.
I do wonder if it's because it's odds on likely to become as much about race as it is theft, which is career suicide to a copper.
Also has anyone else noticed how nerdy looking the Police are now? They are more interested in box ticking than
making sure the smallest boots they issue are size 11 like the good old days where you had to be a bit of a lump to be a copper.
Vigilantism seems to be on the rise too, people are sick of being issued crime numbers, being charged for recovery
of burned out bikes and being told to claim on their insurance. So naturally bikers are "doing it for themselves" now.

What did they think would happen?

I've been getting notifications on my feed about some bloke calling himself Handmuff warrior who is involved with
similar vigilantism in London, they are trying to crowdfund a ramming vehicle. Thumbs Up If the Police can't or won't tackle the
problem, then whats left? Accept it or fight it head on as far as I can see. If the thieves don't get punished for taking
the bikes anymore, then any sane person would come to the conclusion that just as much force and more taking
them back again is also acceptable since the thefts go pretty much unpunished.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:36 - 13 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnw010 wrote:

Hang on, what? Laughing
I have little sympathy for thieves and criminals who pick on the wrong person and find themselves in a world of hurt. Their choice, and they can reap the consequences as far as I'm concerned.

Edit: That article suggests that he directly helped locate 300 stolen bikes. Shocked
It seems like he's getting a harsher sentence because he went vigilante, and he will have to leave town anyway due to death threats. I'd love to know the background of this lovable rogue who stole the bike.

No, I said the thief deserved what he got, but, Walden ..

Quote:
also pleaded guilty to a charge of causing actual bodily harm to a man who had become friends with his ex-girlfriend.

Quote:
possessing an offensive weapon, perverting the course of justice, using fraudulent vehicle registration plates, driving without insurance and driving without a licence.

So, yes, he did deserve the sentence he got.

I'm all for thieving scum to get their comeuppance, but, it doesn't mitigate Steven Walden from being generally speaking a cock !!

Monkeywrenche...
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 16:03 - 13 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

This report on Visor down says he "mistook" hime for a Bike thief

https://www.visordown.com/news/general/vigilante-jailed-beating-motorcyclist-after-knocking-him-bike

Does anyone have a more reliable source than facebook for the actual circumstances?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:48 - 13 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far we've got nothing more reliable than vague news articles or facebook posts from people who might be chatting shit.

Looking at the post on the Hampshire Plod facebook page from when the guy was charged back in July, the comments very much make it sound like the bike was stolen. https://www.facebook.com/HantsPolice/posts/a-man-has-been-charged-following-an-incident-in-southampton-earlier-this-weekste/10156404231406341/

I'm hoping for there to be more details available on lawpages.com fairly soon. https://www.thelawpages.com/court-cases/court-case-search.php?action=search&mode=3

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:59 - 20 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the above comments, that despite the thief getting what they deserved, the fact is that the bloke who chased and caught him was a bit of a thug and villain and definitely a cock.

Why leave yourself open to throw away the key prosecution (no licence, insurance, false plates, 70mph in a residential area etc etc) if you were a reasonable human being who gave a shit about the general publics safety?

Why would anyone want to get involved in 300 stolen vehicle investigations, the majority of which he must never of known the victims of theft? I'd save the going mad, losing your shit and battering a piece of shit thief for just if it was your own bike. You gotta do what you must if your own property or vehicle is damaged, stolen or vandalised. But I'd not be risking jail, injury death threats by the local community, or mowing down an innocent member of the public crossing the road unless it was your own bike.

Let everyone else who leaves their bike parked in town with a crappy disc lock hunt down their own bikes instead of braking half a dozen laws to catch a few random theives that mean fuck all to you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:53 - 28 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
"Yes it was stolen it was a young girls had been gone a couple of weeks. No mention of this in the papers. They only report what they want to . Never the whole thing. Yes he did fuck up big time but he did go looking for this bike as he knew it was stolen and who was tagging it. The only real mistake he made was not insuring the car. If it hadn’t flipped. Their would have been a whole different story."

Its typical of the lay journalism of the day.

These flickers probably do not understand how what makes a proper news story.
Leaving out the facts of whether the bike was stolen or not makes the rider look like a victim when it appears that the rider was on a stolen bike. (Or was it?) I don't believe fuck all I read on Faceshite either.

BusterGonads
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:31 - 13 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bike thieves and moped robbers need to be left rotting in a gibbet after being hanged, either by the justice system or if they can't be arsed, by angry citizens. Of course the police and worthless politicos say, 'You must leave punishment to the 'Justice System'. The problem with that is that they do nothing about the crimes which plague our society. So people either accept that they are prey and suck it up, or they take action themselves in the face of apathy in the so called justice system. If it was effective, we could rely on it to catch and punish the scum who take our property, but far too often they appear to be granted impunity.

The police 'no action' a variety of crimes which really fuck people up. Burglary, fraud, theft of property like motorcycles. Back when I was a lad, these kinds of crimes were pursued with vigour, and the punishments were painful. My first several motorcycles had no ignition lock and I had an BSA A10 combination that didn't even have a switch, You just kicked it over and away it went. NOBODY interfered with any of these bikes over about five years when I had them and some of them were parked overnight in the street. These days, you get civilian call handler and a crime number and are told to claim on your insurance. If someone steals my bike or a bike belonging to someone in my family, I don't want a crime number, I want vengeance. If the police exact it, I'm happy, if not, I'm angry.

https://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/archaeology/research/projects/criminal-bodies-1/images/gibbet.jpg/image
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 107 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1