Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Al Beeb subliminal comedy?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:53 - 06 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight for our delectation we have:

James Brokenshire MP, Shami Chakrabarti, Ian Blackford MP, Jill Rutter and Charles Moore.

I will reserve judgement as the only two names I recognise are Brokenshire and Chakrabarti.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:12 - 06 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

One here; Chakrabarti, another waste of oxygen that puts me off Labour.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:22 - 06 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just googled Jill Rutter as never heard of her. This is how she describes herself:

Jill Rutter I am presently Director of Strategy and Relationships at British Future, a thinktank that focuses on migration, integration, identity, social and economic opportunity. I have previously worked in academia, for the Refugee Council and at the Institute for Public Policy Research.

She sounds like a very intellligent, fair-minded woman in a thoroughly worthwhile job and I am much looking forward to hearing what she has to say.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:01 - 07 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Brokenshire MP - TM's boy. Soundbites. Nothing new.

Shami Chakrabarti - Labour. Wants a General election. Dusky.

Ian Blackford MP - SNP. Remainer. Nothing new to add.

Jill Rutter - Ex civil servant. Didn't give a view one way or the other. Seemed to know her shit about the constitution though.

Charles Moore - Old school Tory newspaper man. For hard Brexit. Climate change sceptic.

So, four white, one brown. Two women, three men. One Scot and four English. Two for Brexit (if you take TM's deal as 'brexit'), one against, one sitting on fence but wanting an election, and one not giving a view.

All in all it seemed representative, if a little dull.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:59 - 07 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving these question time reviews just wondering how long you're going to keep it up for?

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:08 - 07 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You being sarcastic MC?, because I can stop now if you like.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:27 - 07 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

We won't agree on who wears the blinkers, so try thinking about it another way. What percentage of the adult population voted for Brexit? if the adult population is 50 million (I haven't checked) and 17 million voted for Brexit, I make that 35%. If a QY panel is 5 members, 35% of 5 is.....

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:50 - 07 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
You being sarcastic MC?, because I can stop now if you like.

Not completely Smile Just curious how long you're gonna keep watching for.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:50 - 07 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until I get bored I suppose.

It is my fault and I shouldn't do it because it prods him every time, but I can't help posting counters to Mpg's nonsense. I am hoping that at some point he will realise that his views and conspiracy theories aren't necessarily reality, and that he will mature into somebody who can think for himself.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:12 - 07 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

But you are such an easy target I can't resist!

Plus, if I don't challenge your tunnel-vision, how will you grow and mature as a person?

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:52 - 12 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK who's on this week then?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:39 - 12 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
OK who's on this week then?

Megatron, Maggie Thatchers ghost, two of the blue man group and Bill Oddie.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:15 - 12 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be a right old punch up then.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:45 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

So last night's panel:

Remainers 4
Leavers 1

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:18 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caroline Lucas - The best of the five. I'd vote for her if the Greens had a hope in hell of getting more than one MP and influencing things. She looks at the bigger picture whereas the other three politicians don't look further than the next election.

David Davis - amicable old bloke but savaged by audience for bottling negotiations.

Angela Rayner - illiterate yet somehow shadow education secretary -akin to Dianne Abbott getting Chancellor's job methinks. Soundbites only. Didn't look well I thought, needs to eat some pies and get a bit of sun.

Nicky Morgan - obligatory TM puppet.

Jo Brand - voice of the (lefty intellectual) people. Didn't mention her vagina which was nice.

A balanced panel? I don't know because David Davis wouldn't say if he voted against TM this week. The voices I trust (i.e. Jo Brand and Caroline Lucas) were against leaving, Rayner and Morgan trotted out the party line. Weighted towards remaining if anything.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:07 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Caroline Lucas - The best of the five. I'd vote for her if the Greens had a hope in hell of getting more than one MP and influencing things. She looks at the bigger picture whereas the other three politicians don't look further than the next election.

Wow. You do know that some of the Greens' policies, other than environment ones, are utterly stark raving bonkers?

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:26 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do, but I'll take 'bonkers' if it means my kids have a planet....

Greed dictates that our atmosphere will continue to heat up, our food-chain will become increasingly toxic and life for the average Brit in 50 years time will be nothing like it is now. The only way it won't happen is if the Greens influence decisions, and by the time they do it will be too late for places like East Anglia, Lincolnshire etc....

I've rambled on about this before so I won't again.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:27 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
(with snips) Greed dictates that our atmosphere will continue to heat up, our food-chain will become increasingly toxic and life for the average Brit in 50 years time will be nothing like it is now.

I've rambled on about this before so I won't again.

Climate change thread anywhere?

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:30 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedom of movement is in their manifesto. Just how free isn't clarified, however given that staying in the EU is also a Policy, one can guess that they want to maintain the current situation.

It isn't a popular view, however IMO a small price to retain an inhabitable planet. Remember that freedom of movement works two ways...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 105 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 6 of 23