Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So... What oiled your gears today? ARCHIVE

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 191, 192, 193 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

winz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:27 - 15 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not specifically today, but we had our first scan on Thursday, all well and good at the moment and there is only one in there!

Had sign off for a couple of websites yesterday, so it's time to wind down for Christmas.

And today is the Bristol Gang Xmas dinner/party. 20 of us stuffing ourselves and boozing, it's going to be a treat.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:09 - 15 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Logitech G105 keyboard. Took it apart to clean it, held the keyboard bit under the shower and give it a good rinse with Lynx and a scrubbing brush and after drying it off, it feels brand new, all the keys are springy again.

Win win. A shiny new feeling keyboard for 10 minutes work.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:06 - 15 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
My Logitech G105 keyboard. Took it apart to clean it, held the keyboard bit under the shower and give it a good rinse with Lynx and a scrubbing brush and after drying it off, it feels brand new, all the keys are springy again.

Not as daft as it sounds. A mate at work tipped a cup of coffee into his gaming laptop. He took it to a shop and they pronounced it not repairable. I took it home, pulled off all the keys, cleaned out the coffee then pulled the main board and washed it inder the hot tap in the kitchen. Left it to dry out for a day on a radiator and it fired right up.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:57 - 16 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

All expenses paid Christmas party in the Lakes. Free booze, food, board, and mileage for travel too.

Bit delicate this morning like Laughing

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 17:04 - 16 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:
Not as daft as it sounds. A mate at work tipped a cup of coffee into his gaming laptop. He took it to a shop and they pronounced it not repairable. I took it home, pulled off all the keys, cleaned out the coffee then pulled the main board and washed it inder the hot tap in the kitchen. Left it to dry out for a day on a radiator and it fired right up.

Coffee is usually fine as long as it doesn't have sugar in it...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 08:25 - 17 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got up at 5:30am in order to make it to London by 8am as I often do these days. As I was having my breakfast I switched on my phone and looked at my calendar.

No meetings...

There's absolutely no point in me going in to sit there all day and work in the office when I could just as well do the same at home, and I heard there was an accident or something on the M3... so I'm now working from home. Gears well and truly oiled!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:26 - 17 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

def leppard tonight Cool Dance! Dance!

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:00 - 17 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:
King29 wrote:

Agreed. On ship anything the got soaked in seawater and hadn't gone bang. The normal fix was wash with distilled water, let dry and switch on. 90% of the time everything was fine.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:33 - 17 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once pulled an old BBC computer out of a pile of fly tipped rubbish, rain water poured out of it.

I took it apart left it on a towel in the kitchen for a week. Plugged it into an old monitor, and it worked straight away.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:34 - 17 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

had to do a few things in town, couldn't face cycling as it's my day off

would have taken the vanvan, but haven't ridden the dirt bike for about a month.

weather is quite good, and I was zipping about town in a good mood

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:26 - 17 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

My little athlete oiled my gears today. Had a GREAT game of ball.

https://i.imgur.com/gcWmetZ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/SeCkkC9.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OnA5LOJ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/x2MqFf3.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/HSZ8N7P.jpg

Wub

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:37 - 17 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

Glad you posted the last two pics, I didn't think he'd ever get that ball!

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:53 - 17 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Glad you posted the last two pics, I didn't think she'd ever get that ball!

Folded arms

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:06 - 17 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
recman wrote:
Glad you posted the last two pics, I didn't think she'd ever get that ball!

Folded arms

Oh yeah.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:30 - 17 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
My little athlete oiled my gears today. Had a GREAT game of ball.

That is a fine looking dog there, I bet he takes some exercising! my Jack Russell is done in after a mile walk 2 times a day, I bet your dog would not even be warmed up by then. A mate has a weimaraner and has had to buy a mountain bike to 'walk' him with.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:35 - 17 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

my old dog, farm dog, we would walk him for many hours a day, and then play fetch at home, never slowed down until he was about 10.

Literally run 6 miles with him, and he wasn't even warmed up.

Current dog walk to park run, jog for 3 miles, walk home, zonked for the rest of the weekend. Laughing

I stopped during typing this to take a christmas decoration of the little bugger, which he just chewed up, a festive teddy bear no less. Rolling Eyes

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:56 - 17 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
That is a fine looking dog there, I bet he takes some exercising! my Jack Russell is done in after a mile walk 2 times a day, I bet your dog would not even be warmed up by then. A mate has a weimaraner and has had to buy a mountain bike to 'walk' him with.

That's Gracie, she's like the energiser bunny. She's half doberman and half Weimeraner. She gets miles of vigorous exercise
every day and although there's not much to scale her against, she's a big 6 stone dog. Like a panther with a dogs head. I love
walkies, but not nearly as much as she does. Takes a good chunk out of my day but there's a pub i like at the end of the route
so I force myself in there for a daily pint and the occasional Sunday roast. I'll see if I can get some good frisbee pics next time.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:59 - 17 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

That's Gracie, she's like the energiser bunny. She's half doberman and half Weimeraner. She gets miles of vigorous exercise
every day and although there's not much to scale her against, she's a big 6 stone dog. Like a panther with a dogs head. I love
walkies, but not nearly as much as she does. Takes a good chunk out of my day but there's a pub i like at the end of the route
so I force myself in there for a daily pint and the occasional Sunday roast. I'll see if I can get some good frisbee pics next time.

oh, I thought she was either a german short haired pointer or a vizsla

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:16 - 17 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way bigger, but same shape. She's a big girl. Embarassed Oddly she's met both doberman and weimeraner pure breed females
and she's bigger than either. More the stature you would expect from a male doberman/weimeraner. She's been on a diet
so may not be quite 6 stone now but I'd say still a good 37kilos in new money. I met her dad and mum, her dad was HUGE
for a doberman so I guess she just has 'big' genes. Next dog will be larger than her though... Round the 50 kg mark.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:05 - 18 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Next dog will be larger than her though... Round the 50 kg mark.

I grew up with Newfoundlands in the house, but big dogs break my heart as they are gone too soon. Sad

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:38 - 18 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recently survived 2 bouts of illness, the first was a rather nasty little cold shortly followed by another virus which almost felt like the flu. Didn't quite get to the delirious stage but was challenging nonetheless.

Oh and today my best friend didn't die or suffer any injuries when his home burned.

He managed to save his guitar...that and the clothes he stands in.

Pics cos BCF innit.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DuqN7SWWkAAn9Vs.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:48 - 18 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are ok/safe and that’s good Thumbs Up
Stuff, even guitars can be replaced

A house is just big stuff

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:01 - 18 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad he's ok.

I have fire extinguishers all around my house, 8 of varying sizes.

I put them in after going on a firefighting command and control course in Glasgow.

They (the fire service) had a training house that they filled with old furniture, put a dummy in the bedroom and lit it. Told us to put the fire out and save the dummy.

12 headless chickens. House burned, dummy died, 3 of us suffering from smoke inhalation.

It frightened the crap out of me.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:45 - 18 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mum and dad lost everything they owned in a fire after living there 35 years, with one of their cats dying in the smoke.
It was their fridge that malfunctioned, went up like a fire ball. It has shaken them like nothing ever has. They live in
a different house now but I don't think they will ever get over it. Stuff can be replaced, houses can be fixed up. I too have
a few extinguishers dotted about and a fire blanket in the kitchen. The main thing is your mate got out. Thumbs Up

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:06 - 18 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Mum and dad lost everything they owned in a fire after living there 35 years, with one of their cats dying in the smoke.
It was their fridge that malfunctioned, went up like a fire ball. It has shaken them like nothing ever has. They live in
a different house now but I don't think they will ever get over it. Stuff can be replaced, houses can be fixed up. I too have
a few extinguishers dotted about and a fire blanket in the kitchen. The main thing is your mate got out. Thumbs Up

It's a sad state of affairs when there are stringent rules about carrying fire fighting equipment, smoke and CO detectors on my boat yet my house doesn't have to have anything.

Even a toolstation £15 one in the kitchen could save your house not to mention your lives.

https://www.toolstation.com/dry-powder-fire-extinguisher/p61435

get one. you know it makes sense. Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 123 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 191, 192, 193 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
Page 192 of 337