Xmas.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:00 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Both of us bringing the boats back from Northampton in the lovely summer. I was the hotel boat as they didn't have a fridge for the beer at the time. Cool

https://i.postimg.cc/cHGjnGdd/Both-boats.jpg

Actually, I was the food boat, the booze boat and the watching TV boat. I'm still not sure how I got roped into it. Laughing

Pah!
dey is like slow man!
I'd be all like "Outa mah way mofos!"

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/90/Watertaxi_on_the_Khlong_Saen_Saeb.JPG/800px-Watertaxi_on_the_Khlong_Saen_Saeb.JPG

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:21 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

True dat.
But not the focus ST version that is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:42 - 15 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
in the lovely summer

Out of interest how cold are they during the winter? I imagine it's like living on an icecube Smile I remember one cold winter the canalists (is that correct? Smile) were chopping up benches for firewood.

friends has central heating

its warmer then my house

off out on it tomorrow to go empty the waste tanks and get fuel

six locks each way about a six hour trip in the cold

what could be better Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:57 - 15 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Andy says, modern ones are as warm as any house.

Mine has diesel powered central heating and a log burner. Quite often it gets too hot if you have the log burner going full tilt.

Modern ones have all the mod cons a house has, just on a smaller scale.

The old working boats though, that was a completely different story. A solid fuel range for cooking and heating. No electric. Families living in a cabin like this.

https://www.whiltonmarina.co.uk/gallery-photos/thumbnails/4ebb768a-2610-469d-90ee-695798741f64.jpg

That obviously is a tarted up one.

The reality was pretty shit.

https://www.canaljunction.com/images/picfa2.jpg

Last edited by Polarbear on 11:08 - 15 Dec 2018; edited 1 time in total

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:01 - 15 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
in the lovely summer

Out of interest how cold are they during the winter? I imagine it's like living on an icecube Smile I remember one cold winter the canalists (is that correct? Smile) were chopping up benches for firewood.

Evil or Very Mad We have our fair share of cheapskate water pikeys who feel they can do anything irrespective of the damage they cause as long as it's free.

Quite a few farmers when they cut down trees/bushes leave them in piles beside the canals and they are snapped up by boaters for the log burners.

winz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:31 - 15 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty excited about it. Get to hang out with my parents, got my brother and his wife joining, but it's going to be our last Christmas in my parents (family) home as they are buggering off to France in February. Gifts are kept to a minimum, we just drink nice wine, decent food and slob out on the sofa.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:35 - 15 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

winz wrote:
I'm pretty excited about it. Get to hang out with my parents, got my brother and his wife joining, but it's going to be our last Christmas in my parents (family) home as they are buggering off to France in February. Gifts are kept to a minimum, we just drink nice wine, decent food and slob out on the sofa.

And why not. Thumbs Up

Boxing day is going to be manic at ours. 4 grandkids round. Pale

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:11 - 15 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
I remember one cold winter the canalists (is that correct? Smile) were chopping up benches for firewood.

Polarbear wrote:
Evil or Very Mad We have our fair share of cheapskate water pikeys who feel they can do anything irrespective of the damage they cause as long as it's free.

I seem to recall some 'pikey' bikers doing something similar at a BCF barbeque not that long ago.

CBFcarl
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 11:13 - 17 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christmas is a big family affair for us, the wifes side come around on Christmas Eve for Chinese food, and to watch National Lampoons Christmas Vacation (it is a tradition on the wifes side of the family). Christmas day is also held at ours (we have enough space for everyone to sleep over), so about 11.30am, everyone comes round, and we have dinner, play some games, watch some telly, eat more food and chill out whilst getting more and more drunk.

Boxing day is usually held at either the mother in laws or sister in laws, and is much the same.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:45 - 02 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has OP got banhammer yet?

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:04 - 02 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raffles wrote:

I seem to recall some 'pikey' bikers doing something similar at a BCF barbeque not that long ago.

it was the farmer who decided to put his sons winter log supply on the fire Laughing Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 87 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2