Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What sort of Brexit do you want?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic : View next topic  

What type of Brexit do you want?
No Deal, properly leave.
66%
 66%  [ 41 ]
May's Leave in name only deal.
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Let the EU and establishment keep us in the EU
25%
 25%  [ 16 ]
Other. (Specify)
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 62

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:48 - 17 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

But to do that commercially you either need a power station or algae. Both methods have ecological problems, and both have a large opportunity cost as a result.

Nope, I'm still not seeing this cheap, efficient and harmless replacement for fossil fuels....

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:01 - 17 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather than just suggesting water, try suggesting a method of isolating, transporting and using it on a massive, global scale if you want it to replace oil, because this is what your multi-national oil companies are struggling with right now.

If we invest in renewables in a massive way now we may be able to generate sufficient electricity to produce hydrogen as a fuel for the rich and to transport certain goods. We won't however, because people with their heads in the sand have this idea that the 'market' will prevail and that Shell, Esso etc will come like shining knights to our rescue.

What you fail to understand is that as clever as all these 'replacements' are, they all have a downside in terms of production in vast amounts. It doesn't matter which one you choose, the sheer volume of cheap energy we enjoy at the moment via oil cannot be replicated without killing the planet. This is why you won't be driving a car in the future.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:18 - 17 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:

Being the guy who cleans your office I know you are talking BS.

Here one small math test for you wise guy.

All cleaners are liars.

Based on that is your post truth or false?

Good luck Laughing

I am only a cleaner not a mathematician. I just found an invoice in your bin for a fake mathematics degree certificate that you ordered on the internet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:51 - 17 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that we are going round in circles.

For any of the alternatives we know about today to be viable as fuel on the scale of oil (i.e. so that we can all run cars as personal transport), we need to accept that billions will starve. This is because we will need land presently used to grow food, to grow biofuels instead. This biofuel can either be used to generate electricity, or produce oil.

Either way, we won't be doing this on an industrial scale in the UK because we have too many people and not enough land.

My argument for staying in the EU is that as a trading block, we can at least try to influence the big players such as the US, China and India to use less energy and produce what they do in a more efficient and cleaner manner.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:26 - 17 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
My argument for staying in the EU is that as a trading block, we can at least try to influence the big players such as the US, China and India to use less energy and produce what they do in a more efficient and cleaner manner.

We don't seem to be influencing the USA in this regard at the moment. China seems to be doing relatively well with its own carbon emissions programme. India, unsure.

New environmental/warming thread time?

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:28 - 17 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think about that and think about sustainable gas supplies, or would you have us go back to a gasworks in each town? Your terrorist buddies would love that!

For MDMA.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:49 - 17 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
I agree that we are going round in circles.

For any of the alternatives we know about today to be viable as fuel on the scale of oil (i.e. so that we can all run cars as personal transport), we need to accept that billions will starve. This is because we will need land presently used to grow food, to grow biofuels instead. This biofuel can either be used to generate electricity, or produce oil.

Either way, we won't be doing this on an industrial scale in the UK because we have too many people and not enough land.

Now if that was all the EU was, a trading block as in the European Economic Community, then we wouldn't be having this arguement. It's the political shit that people object to.

We joined the EEC not the EU, perhaps we should have had a referendum every time something changed.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:56 - 17 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought they did have the odd referendum: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_establishing_a_Constitution_for_Europe although it was dead before it got to us Smile

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:04 - 17 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
I thought they did have the odd referendum: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_establishing_a_Constitution_for_Europe although it was dead before it got to us Smile

Which shows how unconstitutional the EU is. They failed with their treaty so back doored a lot in via amendments and got it ratified.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:06 - 17 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds pretty much how our Parliament works.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 124 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6