Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:24 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biking.
Seniors.

Exclamation

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:44 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Re: Friendship advice Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:
I don't know what it is about going away and similar. I think what happens is that, we think we know someone really well - but rarely do we spend every hour of every day with them.

Yep, it's why working with a friend is normally a bad idea, spending day after day with each other is different to even a single full day or weekend in each others company. Personally I wouldn't go on holiday (biking or otherwise) with a friend Smile

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:19 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've enjoyed 2 bike trips with strangers.
I had a blast at ?? number of BCF BBQs with strangers.
Had some good nights out with strangers....Shagged one or two.

My advice is strangers are no longer a danger.....Tell your kids. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:52 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Re: Friendship advice Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
I don't know what it is about going away and similar. I think what happens is that, we think we know someone really well - but rarely do we spend every hour of every day with them.

Yep, it's why working with a friend is normally a bad idea, spending day after day with each other is different to even a single full day or weekend in each others company. Personally I wouldn't go on holiday (biking or otherwise) with a friend Smile

Not true.

Real friends are friends because the want to be and enjoy each other's company and tolerate their shite.

It is exactly the same as a marriage should be.

If you can't be mates and deal with fall-outs then you need to look for better mates.

It's a synergy or symbiosis involved.

Smile

FretGrinder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:58 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only know who your mates are when the shit hits the fan

Thumbs Up

ಠ_ಠ

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:00 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Biking.
Seniors.

Exclamation

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Laughing

Me trying to not be disrespectful to codgers who've done stuff like race at the TT (back in the mists of time), oliver's mount and other mad crap like that.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:09 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Re: Friendship advice Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Not true.

Real friends are friends because the want to be and enjoy each other's company and tolerate their shite.

It is exactly the same as a marriage should be.

If you can't be mates and deal with fall-outs then you need to look for better mates.

It's a synergy or symbiosis involved.

Smile

I disagree. The majority and friendships and relationships haven't been tested, it's why you can be with someone for 20 years+, then something big happens and they separate.

Take the working with friends example, we'd known each other for years, but obviously never seen each other daily for days/weeks/months. Lots of friends fall out, or end relationships on holiday, it's no coincidence.

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:18 - 17 Nov 2018    Post subject: Re: Friendship advice Reply with quote

I don't know why it happens,

because people's personalities are fluid ..

private life runs smoothly + work life ok = long fused happy chappy .

new girl fiend and MORTGAGE + short staffed at work = short fused twat

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 17:32 - 19 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Mate and I arranged to go touring we went through the States for a while and it was great. We then decided to send our bikes to Vietnam to continue you the trip. After paying out for flights shipping the bike out there and sorted out the paperwork, my mate decided very quickly he couldn't be arsed and wanted to go home. This left me on my own in a country I didn't know nor did I speak the language I tried it for a week, but it wasn't very fun and pretty lonely so I came home. I don't wanna talk to him for a while as I am pretty pissed off about the whole thing, it cost me ££££ for a couple of weeks away I wished we hadn't bothered.

Snod Blatter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:42 - 19 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
I don't wanna talk to him for a while as I am pretty pissed off about the whole thing, it cost me ££££ for a couple of weeks away I wished we hadn't bothered.

Shush yourself manchild, he's better off without you anyway.

Rolling Eyes

garth
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:50 - 20 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
My Mate and I arranged to go touring we went through the States for a while and it was great. We then decided to send our bikes to Vietnam to continue you the trip. After paying out for flights shipping the bike out there and sorted out the paperwork, my mate decided very quickly he couldn't be arsed and wanted to go home. This left me on my own in a country I didn't know nor did I speak the language I tried it for a week, but it wasn't very fun and pretty lonely so I came home. I don't wanna talk to him for a while as I am pretty pissed off about the whole thing, it cost me ££££ for a couple of weeks away I wished we hadn't bothered.

Bikes went home - not to Vietnam.

It was cheaper to fly to Vietnam than home. I flew states - home - Vietnam. He went straight to Vietnam and stayed in the hotel room near the airport for four days straight.

There's more to the story that I haven't put up here. The Vietnam plan was go south to north, but that all went wrong because my mate didn't bother going to the visa counter on arrival to get his pre-arranged 3 month multiple entry visa, consequently only had 15 days in the country.

Add into that, Asia is incredibly easy to get by in, and ridiculously cheap. There are backpackers, tours, bars everywhere and everything is in engrish.

The bikes have since arrived home and his is sat at the docks incurring £12 per day storage fees because he hasn't been arsed to collect it within the 7 day grace period.

I do get what you're saying, but it really isn't like that.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:11 - 20 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

He sounds like an utterly incapable man-child.

Ignoring a £12-a-day fee is just stupid, he sounds like some kind of mollycoddled rich kid who normally has other people do everything for him.

To be that irresponsible at 31 years old is pretty bad.

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:26 - 17 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not surprised he's pissed off, his man servant left him in a foreign land with savages. He had to spend 4 days holed up in a local shanty hotel and fend for himself on potentially deadly food stuffs. You also left him no details on how to summon the magical flying steel bus in order to gain entry home.

The guy must have been utterly terrified.

Manservantrating.com - 1 star

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:22 - 19 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've read here I'm agreeing with Bubbs.
You've carried this guy the entire time and the moment you stopped doing all the heavy lifting he's pulled the I'm so entitled and therefore outraged flounce.
Maybe he felt that he was going along and doing everything you wanted to do and then got dropped, in which case he needs to grow up a bit.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:33 - 19 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mates that I carry a lot, cos they are so clueless. But they return the favour.

So, for example, I will speed read a legal document, tell them what's what, and remember this information 3 months later when they panic about it all over again. Or, I will go online and sort stuff out for them, or drop everything, and for the fifth time this year, un-screw up their computer.

But....... they will sew my leathers for me. Or come round at the drop of a hat, and without more than a glance at the instructions put together a flat packed piece of gym equipment for me and get it right first time. Or help me mend my bike, or lend me one.

I don't understand how they can't understand an official letter, they don't get why I can't change a clutch. But it works.

no way would I put up with it if it was a one way street me doing all the stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tigerider
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:03 - 26 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, l'm just back from the planet Zob after a long holiday from biker forums.
Basically he's a cnut & you are too sensitive, which isn't a bad thing because l am too...(not a cnut, l'm sensitive!)
A long time ex-friend of mine fucked me around once because he used his cousin who has visited him once as an excuse for me not to stay at his place when l was visiting Chester years ago (we previously would just knock on each others' doors & stay at each other's houses) so l did question him & he was spouting me a shit load of obvious lies instead of saying "Moorsey, l don't want you staying here anymore you're a pain in the arse!" or similar, which is 100% better than weak lies in my book!
Anyway, after a while l thought l'd hold out the hand of friendship & ask him if he'd like to meet up when l was visiting Chester & have a beer together,,,,,,"Not right now Moorsey, let's ahve a rain check on it shall we?"..............................6 months later l tried again with the same response & yet another 6 months & the same response!!!
As you can imagine l wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire now, but after having such a great friendship & trying to put him/it all in the past here l am telling all you feckers about it!!! ;-(
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 62 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2