Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Snetterton Sunday 20th - ?85

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
 View related event: Snetterton Trackday (20 Mar) View previous topic : View next topic  

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 16:59 - 04 Mar 2005    Post subject: Snetterton Sunday 20th - £85 Reply with quote

Since Brands Hatch tomorrow has gotten the kibosh and I can't make the replacement date offered by ESS I'm going to Snetterton in two weeks instead. It's on Sunday the 20th March and costs £85 with Focused Events (01903 744 031 to book) - there are 17 places left as of a few minutes ago. Anybody else fancy it?

Last edited by Korn on 16:37 - 11 Mar 2005; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

jay12329
Dr. Evil

PostPosted: 17:23 - 04 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i hadnt moved my holiday to this weekend i would have been off. But i will have to work, Much Mehness.
J
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 11:31 - 07 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm booked, weather forecast is currently very good so hoping that it stays that way.

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:45 - 08 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

May do either this or Mallory now that Brands if definitely a no-goer this month. It's a fair old trek from here though. Are you travelling up the night before?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

iCraig
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:50 - 08 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do Mallory!

I need someone to do it with me! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:51 - 08 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I'd actually forgotten about a meeting I have next Tuesday morning that I can't move Sad So, I can't do Mallory and Snetterton's going to be too far to travel in the morning and I can't stay the night before (no bloody puppy sitter! Rolling Eyes )

Donington Park - Sat 19th, you know it makes sense!

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 15:16 - 11 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

*bump*

Only 10 places left.

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 11:52 - 17 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it's just me then, in the 17°c sunshine Razz

iCraig
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:12 - 17 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, enjoy it, I certainly will enjoy doing Donington in this lovely weather. Razz

Jon
Anyone for donuts?

PostPosted: 15:41 - 17 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried to book end of weekend and they well fully-booked Sad BUT I had a little moment when knee-down on Sunday... struggled to get back up Laughing got cramp and nearly stacked it being unable to 'get back up' on the bike! Looks like I'll have to build my right side up again before I go out on the track. Poxy injuries Rolling Eyes

Jon
Anyone for donuts?

PostPosted: 10:42 - 21 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did it go?

Korn
Admin

PostPosted: 12:51 - 21 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turned up at 11 o'clock or so on Saturday night and pitched up sleeping arrangements and a little bbq dinner, was quite warm so we ended up having a bit of a pissup until the early hours. In retrospect, a very bad idea. Woke up at 7am after very little sleep and stepped out into a thoroughly miserable scene, grey clouds and rain. Deano & James who had decided to sleep under the stars were not looking very happy. We trundled into the circuit and set up shop then waited for the rain to stop, but the weather had other plans and by the time it was nearly time to go everybody in the paddock has stopped saying how it would "burn off in 5 minutes once the sun comes out" and had started sicking wets on and donning waterproof clothing.

https://www.kornel.com/gallery/albums/Snetterton3/thumb_DSC00073.JPG https://www.kornel.com/gallery/albums/Snetterton3/thumb_DSC00085.JPG https://www.kornel.com/gallery/albums/Snetterton3/thumb_DSC00107.JPG https://www.kornel.com/gallery/albums/Snetterton3/thumb_DSC00094.JPG

The first few sessions were pretty horrible, water everywhere and a constant drizzle of rain. I had a hard time seeing where I was going and ended up poking my head right up on the straights to try and blast the water off my visor. The fast group was managing to lose a bike every time we went out, though thankfully most of these crashes were fairly small ones with only wallet injuries. By midday the rain had finally stopped and visibility improved as you only had the spray other bikes were kicking up to worry about. Though we still had 100% cloud cover the temperature picked up into the teens and a dry line started to appear, so off came the wet weather gear. A few more sessions and it was looking better with most of the circuit dry, though some people were still being caught out by the damp patches including one guy who highsided right in front of me coming out of the Bombhole and had to be carted off to hospital - leaving the circuit down to just one ambulance.

https://www.kornel.com/gallery/albums/Snetterton3/Image1.jpg https://www.kornel.com/gallery/albums/Snetterton3/Image2.jpg https://www.kornel.com/gallery/albums/Snetterton3/Image3.jpg https://www.kornel.com/gallery/albums/Snetterton3/Image4.jpg

The afternoon was fun. I decided to work on my corner speed and made some good improvements considering the level of grip available. A few fun battles especially with the litre race bikes, there was some f'kin quick machinery present that made my R6 look like it was standing still on the straights. Towards the end I got quite tired and started making mistakes, including straying onto the white line coming out of Sear which still had water on it and nearly going arse over tit as the back stepped out. I decided I was too tired to ride the last session and packed up shop with a best lap of 1:24, two seconds slower than last year on the R1. Having gotten ready to leave and just as the "get the hell out of here because I want to lock up" announcement came over the tannoy the weather gods decided to add their final fuck-you and the sun came out for the drive home. Bollocks.

Some photos are here: https://www.kornel.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=61 and I've got a few sessions of bike cam footage (thanks Bendy!) to go through and edit. Overall a good day, despite the shit weather and suicidal bunny rabbits... Thumbs Up Wink

Jon
Anyone for donuts?

PostPosted: 13:13 - 21 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korn wrote:
...in the 17°c sunshine Razz

Maybe not then

Hope the guy who highsided isn't too bad

Deano
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:14 - 21 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

korn your msn@kornel.com address doesnt work. email me so that I can send you the pictures. Thumbs Up

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 19:39 - 21 Mar 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best times were down on last time we were there as well... and that was in 'race conditions'.

I'm attributing it to 'out of practice' Smile... as it's the beggining of the season rather than the end Smile.

Glad you had fun anyway Thumbs Up Smile.

Hopefully will get back into before my actual race at Lydden Confused.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 11 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1