Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The Trumpet under fire

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 13:51 - 31 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
cdlxxvi wrote:
It was a spectacularly successful for the Stable Genius; the amount of lies he delivered increased 300% compared to 2017. Attaboy!

Its funny that he seems to be delivering or trying to deliver on his campaign pledges. Is that why politicians don't like him? Thinking

What exactly did he deliver?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:54 - 31 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
He's a twat and the world would be well rid of him. But he is the result of a (sometimes) different kind of twattery. I see him as a wake-up call, as is Brexit. Unfortunately, those that are really responsible for the emergence of such are still asleep. What does it take?! Rolling Eyes I'm for more of it until the world does wake up.

Or cutting the bullshit, he's not Liberal enough for most left wingers, neither is Brexit.
I'd much rather have him in charge of the UK than May or Corbyn. I suspect I'm not alone either.

I kind of suspect you'd rather have Pol Pot though, and I'm drifting in that direction myself Laughing
Oh God, what did the world do to deserve such pathetic politicians and "leaders"? Crying or Very sad
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:00 - 31 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:

My incomlete list as someone who doesn't give a f**k about US politics but still seems to be paying more attention than you Thinking
- tax reforms
- fite with China, whether you agree or disagree with it
- banning bump stocks, not a pledge but it shows the tw@ can react
- gave up on scrapping Obamacare but tried
- trying to build his wall even though he'll probably fail

He's a colossal arse and a complete shyster, yet he has already proven himself truer to his word than most politicians. What did Obama deliver on except for Obamacare which half the US seem to hate?

Last edited by M.C on 14:01 - 31 Dec 2018; edited 1 time in total
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:01 - 31 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:
M.C wrote:

Its funny that he seems to be delivering or trying to deliver on his campaign pledges. Is that why politicians don't like him? Thinking

To focus so obsessively on the man is to ignore the issues that put him where he is. What sleeping tablets did you take?! No, wait...you weren't one of the ones who was suffering. Phew, that's ok then! Laughing

Besides which, to blame him for the things he didn't deliver is kind of daft. You can't say he hasn't tried, and you don't want the things he promised anyway.
Do you think he'll get another term?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:20 - 31 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
To focus so obsessively on the man is to ignore the issues that put him where he is. What sleeping tablets did you take?! No, wait...you weren't one of the ones who was suffering. Phew, that's ok then! Laughing

Besides which, to blame him for the things he didn't deliver is kind of daft. You can't say he hasn't tried, and you don't want the things he promised anyway.

I'll answer that one Smile He might not, not because the US would have rallied to defeat the uber nazi, but because it was voter apathy regarding that women which got him in the Whitehouse. Anyone else, even an inanimate object will do better.

And yes I agree, they'll paint Trump as defeating hatred, whilst ignoring the legitimate issues that put him there. Similarly with Brexit (you mentioned it Wink) we'll carry on with this unhealthy split towards both extremes of the political spectrum.

What a time to be alive Neutral

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 14:21 - 31 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
cdlxxvi wrote:

My incomlete list as someone who doesn't give a f**k about US politics but still seems to be paying more attention than you Thinking
- tax reforms

He's a colossal arse and a complete shyster, yet he has already proven himself truer to his word than most politicians. What did Obama deliver on except for Obamacare which half the US seem to hate?

I specifically responded to your mention of delivering on his campaign pledges with a request for examples of promises he did deliver, so let's just skip things that he planned to try to attempt to aspire to dream about, and knee jerk reactions to random events.

Fancy trying again?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:22 - 31 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:
M.C wrote:
My incomplete list as someone who doesn't give a f**k about US politics but still seems to be paying more attention than you Thinking
- tax reforms

I specifically responded to your mention of delivering on his campaign pledges with a request for examples of promises he did deliver, so let's just skip things that he planned to try to attempt to aspire to dream about, and knee jerk reactions to random events.

Fancy trying again?

So the first two on my list? Eh? MPD listed a load more as he obviously pays more attention to US politics than I do Smile

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 14:52 - 31 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

- tax reforms

Tax reform: how do you consider the fact that the poorest are actually taxed more a success?

China: by what measure US is better off because of it?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:00 - 31 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:

Who do you mean by "US"? Think about that one, eh? Laughing

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:30 - 31 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
cdlxxvi wrote:

Tax reform: how do you consider the fact that the poorest are actually taxed more a success?

A blatant lie, aka "fake news"? It's not a "fact" is it, unless you believe the Anti Trump media.

Fact me till I fart...

Fact you? With pleasure, dear sir, with pleasure.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/ce/1-Distribution_of_Impact_per_Taxpayer_v1.png

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:31 - 31 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

I'll answer that one Smile He might not, not because the US would have rallied to defeat the uber nazi, but because it was voter apathy regarding that women which got him in the Whitehouse. Anyone else, even an inanimate object will do better.

He's got two more years yet, and the opposition doesn't do PR very well.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:39 - 31 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:
M.C wrote:

- tax reforms

a) I didn't say whether it was successful or not and b) as I recall the tax reforms were to encourage corporations back into the US.

On China AGAIN I didn't say whether it was successful or not Rolling Eyes and even stated it depends (on your position).

My point is he said he'd doing something and he's doing it Neutral

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 17:18 - 31 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kotlikoff/2018/07/25/was-the-tax-reform-regressive-proper-analysis-says-no/#39454f4b67a0

Quote:
Unfortunately, the JCT’s analysis, like that of the Congressional Budget Office, other government agencies and D.C. think tanks, including the TPC, is static. It treats households as if they will live only in the current year and proxies their remaining lifetime spending, the distribution of which is the ultimate focus of inequality analysis, by their current disposal income.

This raises four major problems.

Thanks, that's a very interesting opinion. Happy to wait till the data is in, i.e. how much tax certain income groups actually paid year by year compared to what they would have paid under the old system.

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 17:41 - 31 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
cdlxxvi wrote:

Thanks, that's a very interesting opinion. Happy to wait till the data is in, i.e. how much tax certain income groups actually paid year by year compared to what they would have paid under the old system.

I'm sure your chosen publication will manage to twist the figures to suit your agenda. Which is exactly how that Forbes article explained how the data sources for your fake news chart were skewed to create an anti Trump agenda. Thumbs Up

I presume you understood how it debunked your fake chart?

It's actually amusing. You very soundly countered the projection I quoted with a sensible argument on why that projection may be incorrect, only to follow up with some shouting about twisting, agendas and fakes. What was wrong with being sensible?

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:22 - 26 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

So fan bois, how's it going today for the bestest, winningest, POTUS ever?

The useless, orange oaf and lame duck president capitulates on the shutdown and the wall, the same day his closest adviser is indicted.

The "fake witch hunt" has so far caught and indicted a mere 48 witches.

A further 12 sealed criminal cases have been filed in the District Court over the last couple of days!

Remember, "Only the best people".

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:32 - 26 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:
So fan bois, how's it going today for the bestest, winningest, POTUS ever?

The useless, orange oaf and lame duck president capitulates on the shutdown and the wall, the same day his closest adviser is indicted.

The "fake witch hunt" has so far caught and indicted a mere 48 witches.

A further 12 sealed criminal cases have been filed in the District Court over the last couple of days!

Remember, "Only the best people".

Shut it...
I have some friends who are American.

I am offended by your slight on their President (on their behalf 😂)

A nation of children.

Unlike the UK. A nation of sheeps. 😂

Politics is the easiest game in town. Unless your name is Alex and were a 1st minister somewhere.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:19 - 26 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:
capitulates

If you've not worked out by now how The Donald operates you probably never will. Not sure who you think are the fanboys anyway, Rogerborg was the only one I remember who was pro-Trump for some reason.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:50 - 27 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
If you've not worked out by now how The Donald operates you probably never will.

Most people predicted exactly how he'd operate, the shouty ones refused to believe it!

M.C wrote:
Not sure who you think are the fanboys anyway, Rogerborg was the only one I remember who was pro-Trump for some reason.

Really? Rolling Eyes You can't think of one other member, pull the other one it's got bells on.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:51 - 27 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:
Most people predicted exactly how he'd operate, the shouty ones refused to believe it!

You called the North Korea situation, or peace talks in Afganistan? Eh? I'm fairly sure the opposite was predicted. F**k me if NorKor gives up its arsenal and peace is brought to the middle east, he must be up for a Nobel peace prize... after all Obama got one for doing nothing Smile

Suntan Sid wrote:
Really? Rolling Eyes You can't think of one other member, pull the other one it's got bells on.

Yes really, look back through this topic, he dislikes you more than he likes Trump Wink Rogerborg actually went into and defended Trumps policies.

winz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:17 - 27 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure it was Dennis Rodman who started peace talks with North Korea in 2013.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:41 - 27 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

winz wrote:
I'm pretty sure it was Dennis Rodman who started peace talks with North Korea in 2013.

Joint peace prize? It was the winter olympics that seemed to thaw tensions, although I specifically remember the great minds of BCF saying Trump was wrong to engage with and legitimise the North Korean regime.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 63 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 5 of 31