Dental Implants

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:48 - 10 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

robs321 wrote:
... a little unpleasant as it involves a hammer hitting a metal hollow punch!

What? Shocked
I can almost feel that echoing off my remaining fillings, ouchy.

robs21 wrote:
They got away with not needing the bone graft by performing a sinus lift

What? Shocked Shocked What the hell is a sinus lift?
My sinuses are fucked enough as it is, what with the number of studies on grass pollen that I agreed to do whilst working for an allergist. Having a nice earnest young registrar shooting grass pollen up your nose to see how much snot you produce is an entirely pleasant way to make a bit of cash, but I can't recommend it as an occupation Laughing

robs321 wrote:
putting the implant in at a jaunty angle.

What? Shocked Shocked Shocked Fuck that.
My front crown settings meant that I'm more rabbity now than I ever was before, by about 2-3mm as a result of a dentist inadvertently holding the mould in place at a "slightly jaunty angle"
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:45 - 13 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

KITT wrote:
£1800 is pathetic and not something I would spend on a tooth. My dentures were £200 (band 3 NHS) IIRC. Never been back. I can munch on anything from a packet of custard creams to a drumstick without a care in the world of ripping any crowns or filings out. My breath never smells like a shit sandwich in the morning either.

You should have got dentures. Save yourself a lot of pain and money.

You should of had a wisdom tooth put in you thick cunt.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:49 - 13 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, he should have been aborted.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:43 - 14 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

My teeth are bad. Dentures on the top and bottom, bottoms are too sore to wear and I've only 13 teeth left. My mum told me that it was the copious amounts of sugar with the Penicillin when I was young. My brother, sisters and mothers teeth are top notch, twats. I also smoke and drink ridiculous amounts of coffee so yellow teeth.

I would love implants but can't afford them. I want to smile like this Very Happy without my teeth falling out.

kramdra
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:28 - 21 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
What? Shocked Shocked What the hell is a sinus lift?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDUTdxSUSmA

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 21:43 - 02 Jan 2019    Post subject: Re: Dental Implants Reply with quote

robs321 wrote:
Anyone had a dental implants?

I suspect I may be a tad late with this info...however the dentist at Totton, Southampton send people to Hungary to get dental implants done. It works out cheaper to fly out there, stay in a hotel, have the implants done, leisure a little then fly home than to have the implants done here in the UK.

I know a handful of people who have done this very thing with this dentist in Totton. Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 308 days between these two posts...
zishanorin This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:43 - 07 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how I missed this thread but I've had two sets done.
The first was when my top incisor had an argument with a cricket ball and lost.
The worst part was having to wear a mini denture for several months whilst the bone healed up around the implant. In the end I took the thing out.
Once the crown was fitted, all was fine, and has been for the ten years since i had it done. was about £3000 i think.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:41 - 07 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of ours is going to Krakow this week to have 28 implants done in one hit Shocked He's going to be away a while!

His teeth aren't pretty but they're all present and correct and they don't seem to give him any problems. He says he's having it done "to avoid problems in the future".

Even worse, he's over 70 and he's paying 90,000€ including his accommodation while he recuperates.

I'm so worried about him, I think he's crazy to have 28 functioning teeth removed in one go. However, he's an intelligent man, he's done the research.

I still think he's mad though. Not the money so much as putting himself through such a dramatic experience and unecessary risk at his age.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:06 - 07 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
28 implants done in one hit; 90,000€ including his accommodation while he recuperates.

It's not 28 implants, it's perhaps 12 or even fewer. It would be ridiculous to have 28 screws in the bone. They give you 4 to 6 screws in your jaw and then mount a denture on it.

90K for the job is laughable. Well, he pays the trip, accommodation and all that, but in Czech republic, not that far from Krakow, the job (implants) would not exceed about 16,000€ incl. VAT and it could even be done cheaper if your bones do not require augmentations or any other repair work.

That is one expensive hotel your friend is staying in. Thinking

EDIT: The Czech public health system does not pay for the implants.

Last edited by RhynoCZ on 15:40 - 07 Nov 2019; edited 1 time in total

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:22 - 07 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dental plan.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:39 - 07 Nov 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dentalpal.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 143 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2