BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Earphones.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:38 - 28 Nov 2018    Post subject: Earphones. Reply with quote

Bit of a BCF perennial this, but my Sennheisser in-ear buds (can't remember the name) have stopped working and my amateur soldering didn't fix 'em. I've bought some expensive Sennheiser Momentums but they don't have the thump of the old Sennheisers so... what do you recommend?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:56 - 28 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shure is better gear than seinhiser..

Maybe you went deaf.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:08 - 28 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using JVC Xplosives for the past few years, they are actually quite cheap but they do deliver decent bass.

Used Sennheiser in the past but mine would break after a year, mind you I use them daily while I'm working.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00VEEYXM2/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:11 - 29 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had sennhieser. Overpriced shite. I bought them in schiphol enroute to somewhere. On the plane I could hear fack all out of them. Such disappoint.
It.was a month before I got back to schiphol and asked for a refund. They cnuts said they'd send to the OEM for test. Shocked

I'd fackin been testing them for a month. They were shite!
OEM called me at home to discuss and argued that the earphones were fine.
I said I couldn't hear anything using them.
He agreed reluctantly to refund my purchase. This only took three months to resolve.
I don't think sennhieser listen to critique. 😀
Anyway, I bought another shure set. They are still working years later.

https://www.shure.co.uk

Expensive.... but pro-quality. 😎

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:17 - 29 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Courier265 wrote:
I've been using JVC Xplosives for the past few years, they are actually quite cheap but they do deliver decent bass.

Used Sennheiser in the past but mine would break after a year, mind you I use them daily while I'm working.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00VEEYXM2/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Are they okay inside a lid?

I found that some are fine to get the lid over but the lid pulls the phones that rip your ears off when taking it off.

Baffler186
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:47 - 29 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ I've had those for about 6 years now. They have outlasted all the others, even some Senheisers at 4x the price.

but no, they do not fit under a lid very well. You can get away with it if you wear a balaclava over the phones, but even then it's a struggle to get the lid on and off without pulling them out. The drivers are huge which is why the bass is so good. If you can find a way though, they are the sturdiest one's I've ever owned
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:50 - 29 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Sony MDR-EX450.

Very nice audio reproduction with sometimes too much of bass, but nothing that a bit of EQ tweeking couldn't fix and it is kind of an issue of all the single driver designs. Great for mp3 files, general youtube consumption and gaming.

Cool thing is, Sony still sells replacement silicone tips for all their products.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:36 - 29 Nov 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
I use Sony MDR-EX450.

Sony are brilliant when it comes to ear buds, I used to use the MDR 71's back in the early 2000's.

I would say the ex450's are the modern equivalent.

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:42 - 31 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used to be a Sony fan but unless you're spending good money there's good alternatives out there today.

I have a set of 1more Triples for in-ear use:

They're the better part of £75 but compared to the average £20 set out there they're built to last with CNC casing and the sound is consistent.
https://www.soundguys.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/1MORE-Triple-Driver-In-ears-1-1024x576.jpg

https://www.soundguys.com/1more-triple-driver-in-ears-review-16647/

Them JVC's... "bass sound", for under a tenner? Thinking Laughing

ocatoro
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:12 - 31 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

just bought some plugfones "guardian" recently... ear plugs with built in earphones.

link here

theyre actually fairly decent, and because of the amount of sound reduction, you can have them on at like 40% and theyre still loud enough.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:23 - 31 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get what you pay for etc
But these Betron DC950 punch about their weight......not hard at £13 admittedly. But they are not subtle.

These are much smaller and fit comfrtably inside a crash helmet. But don't have the same bass. Betron BS10 £10

st3v3
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:27 - 02 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is nobody else finding that when you use sub £25 sets, the wiring and/or plug is damaged very quickly?

I've had my phone's headphone socket become damaged trying to fiddle with bettering the problem, maybe i'm just too rough with them?

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:44 - 02 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm lucky in that I only use in ear headphones for my mp3 player.
I don't need to talk through them and I don't go for in-line volume control, it's just more stuff to go wrong.
Around £25 to £30 usually gets me the basic but good quality Sennheiser CX 1.00 sound I like and they last a couple of years at work.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:52 - 02 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked No way.
I get shitty if I have to pay more than £6 for mine.
I might have to replace them once or twice a year (probably more when I was using them as an AddyLee driver, I had them in all the time).

I only really use them to listen to audiobooks or take the odd long phonecall or videocall from Anita. I like having music but not so much that I need ones with expensive extra-bass widgets or whatevs.

But then ... I wouldn't wear them under my lid either, probably.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:20 - 03 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

But then ... I wouldn't wear them under my lid either, probably.

I have done for 30 years.

Pigeon wrote:
You get what you pay for etc
But these Betron DC950 punch about their weight......not hard at £13 admittedly. But they are not subtle.

These are much smaller and fit comfrtably inside a crash helmet. But don't have the same bass. Betron BS10 £10

Interesting, might grab a pair for when I'm on the computer watching youtube video's...

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:59 - 03 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use some old sennheisers I've owned for over a decade and they work great. Not sure they are over priced shite, They sound superb and cost me around £20.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:30 - 03 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

st3v3 wrote:

Them JVC's... "bass sound", for under a tenner? Thinking Laughing

Yes...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 85 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1