Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:22 - 07 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
rabbit, rabbit, rabbit etc

Perhaps sir means "yap yap rabbit rabbit bunny bunny yap jabber rabbit" as in the song by the famous duo?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:01 - 07 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
The subconscious can handle you passing a cyclist and looking at a lorry on the other side, but if your missus talks to you at the same time, engaging the conscious mind, you'll probably miss it, or become distracted and leave a nasty red residue on the tyres...

LBC must have blood on their hands Crying or Very sad

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 22:40 - 07 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
MarJay wrote:
The subconscious can handle you passing a cyclist and looking at a lorry on the other side, but if your missus talks to you at the same time, engaging the conscious mind, you'll probably miss it, or become distracted and leave a nasty red residue on the tyres...

LBC must have blood on their hands Crying or Very sad

The radio is different, as it's totally possible to ignore it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:51 - 07 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Men have better spacial awareness because they evolved via hunting.

Women evolved to find safety (from scary hunter sex pest man-apes) in large groups where social skills were more important, including the ability to listen to lots of conversations at once.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:14 - 07 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
The radio is different, as it's totally possible to ignore it.

What if you're a man and try to listen to the words?

https://media.giphy.com/media/xdnfWJFRpP8Eo/giphy.gif

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:46 - 07 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
rabbit, rabbit, rabbit etc

Perhaps sir means "yap yap rabbit rabbit bunny bunny yap jabber rabbit" as in the song by the famous duo?

You've only got to stop and listen for two minutes to realise there's a perfectly good reason we're wired for not listening to some wimmin.
My ex ( who also had me get my perfect hearing tested several times and cited not listening as one of the reasons in her petition for divorce Laughing ) could spout a 15000 word sermon which could be said perfectly eloquently in half a dozen words.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:26 - 08 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
You've got a girlfriend?

I amaze myself with the fact every day.

Missed opportunity. You should have replied, "What did she say?" Smile
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Moo.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:39 - 08 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I struggle to listen too more than one conversation at a time. Unsure if they have unrealistic expectations for hearing. Am I supposed to be able to hear her talking through 2 closed doors, over the tv and her music?

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:46 - 08 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would we need to listen to women anyway?
They should be in the kitchen making your sandwich Laughing Thumbs Up

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:52 - 08 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moo. wrote:
unrealistic expectations

The downfall of any relationship Smile

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:13 - 08 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moo. wrote:
I struggle to listen too more than one conversation at a time. Unsure if they have unrealistic expectations for hearing. Am I supposed to be able to hear her talking through 2 closed doors, over the tv and her music?

Mine does that and then when I scream back 'what did you say?' i get the 'There's no need to shout at me' huff.

Mind you, she always said if I hadn't spent the beast part of 30 years of my life away on a ship she would have divorced me years ago.

I (mumbling under my breath) said 'so would I' Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:19 - 08 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Mind you, she always said if I hadn't spent the beast part of 30 years of my life away on a ship she would have divorced me years ago.

[Rogerborg mode] How old are your children? Laughing

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:38 - 08 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

[Rogerborg mode] How old are your children? Laughing

Rog groomed you good! Laughing

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:42 - 08 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were in a cafe recently and i kept missing the first few words when she spoke because it was busy and i was very aware of the conversations going on around me. I wondered if the reason we may not hear in detail is because in some primeval way men are scanning the environment in a general way for threats?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:29 - 08 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Rog groomed you good! Laughing

Groomed then discarded Crying or Very sad

Ribenapigeon wrote:
We were in a cafe recently and i kept missing the first few words when she spoke because it was busy and i was very aware of the conversations going on around me. I wondered if the reason we may not hear in detail is because in some primeval way men are scanning the environment in a general way for threats?

I was going to mention that but thought I had mansplained enough for one thread.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:30 - 08 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

No, you need a hearing aid you deaf c*nt. Rolling Eyes

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:56 - 08 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

I was going to mention that but thought I had mansplained enough for one thread.

If ever you get accused of mansplaining just politely correct her by informing her that, you are not "mansplaining" you are in fact Jedisplaining. Laughing

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:59 - 08 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:

No, you need a hearing aid you deaf c*nt. Rolling Eyes

Sorry i didn't quite get that. Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:23 - 08 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
in some primeval way, real men are scanning the environment in a general way for potential pussy

FTFY.

No way that can just be me, surely?! Laughing
Even if in my case it is pure fantasy these days Sad
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:14 - 08 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang on a minute.
I thought men only "mansplained" things to women ...

Neutral Question

It seems to me that (for the most part) in this thread, you're mansplaining things to other men.
How does that work?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:16 - 08 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Hang on a minute.

Neutral Question

It seems to me that (for the most part) in this thread, you're mansplaining things to other men.
How does that work?

Are you assuming their gender? Shocked

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:23 - 08 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might as well.
Got nothing better to do.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:08 - 08 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Hang on a minute.

Neutral Question

How does that work?

We Mansplain to each other all the time. We just respect each for it instead of another gender who complain about it.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:44 - 09 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbs wrote:
I learned something very interesting when i did a Myers Briggs personality course. It might not translate to you if you're not an introvert...

Say there's a problem that needs to be resolved. An introvert will think through this internally, and after a while come up with their chosen solution, when a solution is reached, only then will they verbalise what they have come up with. Meaning the part of any verbal discussion you need to pay attention to with an introvert tends to be the first few sentences.

An extrovert will take a problem and talk through the thinking process, giving all sort of answers that the introvert would have dismissed through their internal thinking procvess, and finally coming to the answer after talking through all possibilities. Usually they reach the same answer as the introvert.

The not listening problem kicks in because an introvert is looking for the important info at the start of verbal discussion...once they hear that it's bollocks they stop seeing the conversation as valuable and stop listening, thereby missing the important part.

I have this problem with my wife. I automatically stop listening if it sounds like she's waffling. We have different processes. Problem is, even knowing this I still struggle to keep my attention on the conversation as I find it quite annoying listening to the working out section.

Not saying this is the only reason but it must be a big factor for a lot of people.

This. ^

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:48 - 09 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like being mansplained to. I have an innate need to learn new stuff. How else do you learn stuff if someone doesn't explain it to you.

That's not to say I understand it the very first time. You might have to mansplain it several times before I get the hang of it. Laughing Its not cos I'm not listening, its more likely cos I don't quite grasp the concept. Eventually I'll get it, until then, listening to men rumble on about ... whatevs ... is one of my favourite things.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 79 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4