Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Mornings seem better

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:42 - 05 Jan 2019    Post subject: Re: Mornings seem better Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:

The way he ... seemed to just love the sound of his own voice

Its a ginger thing.

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 21:05 - 05 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to listen to the radio, but switched to Kerrang! or skuzz tv for my morning yoga sessions. But as we've got freesat and the receiver is crap, losing signal 'all the time', so I switched back to radio. I can't bear Evans or Sara Cox - a voice not destined to be played outloud. And Sean Keavney left BBC radio 6 breakfast show - yay! (another person who likes the sound of his own voice and barely played any music).

I'm now a BBC Radio 6 breakfast listener convert. Thumbs Up

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:15 - 05 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

what annoys me most about most radio music stations, and I do listen to a lot of talk based radio, is that when I put a music station on I want music.... sometimes I can channel surf right through the DAB dial and they are yakking away on all of them Crying or Very sad

Planet Rock is okay in small doses, but they mostly seem to play the same 50 records, and I hate Rush.

considering getting an Amazon Echo just to have internet radio on command.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:14 - 05 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
what annoys me most about most radio music stations, and I do listen to a lot of talk based radio, is that when I put a music station on I want music.... sometimes I can channel surf right through the DAB dial and they are yakking away on all of them Crying or Very sad

What annoys me is that they seem to have synced when they have adverts Evil or Very Mad

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:00 - 06 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why I don't listen to music radio. Why bother listening to someone else's choice of music when you can listen to nothing but what you know you like, all day, every day? And I can't stand adverts.

Besides, isn't it kind of a DJ's/radio presenter's job to like their own voice? If you hated your own voice, it wouldn't exactly be a brilliant choice of career Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:28 - 06 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaydio ftw.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:51 - 06 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
This is why I don't listen to music radio. Why bother listening to someone else's choice of music when you can listen to nothing but what you know you like, all day, every day?

Because you get to hear music you wouldn't otherwise know about.
I've heard some fab stuff listening to Craig Charles on Radio 2 and when I heard that he had the same/a similar show on Radio 6, I started listening to that, and have discovered a lot of really exciting music.

Besides which, I agree that its lovely to be nostalgic and listen to old songs from our own "golden" era, nothing quite like hearing Dreadlock Holiday and having a sing-a-long ... but there's nothing to be gained from sticking yourself in one era, there's all that fabulous music you're missing out on ...!

How else would I actually have come to have heard drum and bass, garage, dubstep, grime, industrial... : in almost every other genre there is at least one piece of music I absolutely adore.

But then ... I was listening to Rick Wakeman and his freaky electronica when everybody else was listening to Black Sabbath Laughing somehow I never really caught up with the heavy metal thing.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:04 - 06 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

Because you get to hear music you wouldn't otherwise know about.
I've heard some fab stuff listening to Craig Charles on Radio 2 and when I heard that he had the same/a similar show on Radio 6, I started listening to that, and have discovered a lot of really exciting music.

Besides which, I agree that its lovely to be nostalgic and listen to old songs from our own "golden" era, nothing quite like hearing Dreadlock Holiday and having a sing-a-long ... but there's nothing to be gained from sticking yourself in one era, there's all that fabulous music you're missing out on ...!

How else would I actually have come to have heard drum and bass, garage, dubstep, grime, industrial... : in almost every other genre there is at least one piece of music I absolutely adore.

But then ... I was listening to Rick Wakeman and his freaky electronica when everybody else was listening to Black Sabbath Laughing somehow I never really caught up with the heavy metal thing.

What can I say?

"If the mountains fell in the sea
let it be, it ain't me
Alright, 'cos I got my own world to look through
And I ain't gonna copy you"
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:57 - 06 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig Charles is okay, his cover from another brother thing is quite interesting.

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:19 - 06 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Alex Jones (not the conspiracy theorist guy)? I find her annoying as well not that I watch the one show Folded arms, but she's... Wub

I member him singing 'Walking in the air' has he gone all trans now?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:12 - 07 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
A product of the BBC.

I don't particularly like him but he's not the one that really gets my goat. That accolade is for Jeremy Vine.

They seem to be creating crap programmes just for him.

Mind you, the BBC are guilty of it all the time. That thick welsh bird from the one show (that wifie loves Evil or Very Mad ) pops up everywhere now.

I agree but my pet Beebtwat is that Dan whas's'name on BBC Breakfast. £200K+ he gets paid! When I heard that its what prompted me to give up on the BBC Entirely.

CBFcarl
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 18:16 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to see Top Gear being filmed on what turned out to be Chris Evans' last day on the show and I can attest, he is an odious, aggressive little shit.

Never been a fan, but because I have a crap car radio, it is either Radio 2, or local radio and I think Chris Evans is slightly better than local radio DJ + adverts. When I take the big car (usually the mrs uses it for school run and work), then I have a mix of Absolute 90's, Absolute Classic Rock, Talksport, Radio X, Virgin etc etc.

There is some really good stuff on R2 though, and I don't mind Sara Cox. Craig Charles is something I always try to catch, I like a bit of Trevor Nelson, Cerys Matthews new show is a good listen too. The Mrs likes Liza Tarbuck when she's cooking.

Also - Steve Wright. Hated him since I was a kid. He is proper "Uncle Knobhead" material, seems to think himself hilarious. When I am driving home at that time it becomes podcasts or Spotify playlists time.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 18:58 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBFcarl wrote:
I went to see Top Gear being filmed on what turned out to be Chris Evans' last day on the show and I can attest, he is an odious, aggressive little shit.

More info pls. Sounds intriguing.

I quite like Steve Wright, but then he has a bit of nostalgia factor for me, my mother and I used to listen to him in the car a fair bit when I was a kid.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 99 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2