Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

selling my bike

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
squeeky This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 20:58 - 09 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends what you are selling to be honest. If its high value and mint, the right seller will come. If its something like a 125 that you want shot of then just listing on here is easy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:11 - 09 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Negatives: They'll give you fuck all compared to what you could get anywhere else.

Positives: They might pay the agreed amount and not find reason to lower the already painfully low price.

I suppose I might consider getting a laughable quote from them if there were no other options.

As an experiment, looking at bikes on eBay I found a ZX6R which sold last week for £3,750.00 with 45 bids, webuyanybike.com quote £2,225 for it. Laughing

I'd fully expect you to be able to sell for a better price on here or eBay without much effort.

What bike is it?

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:48 - 09 Jan 2019    Post subject: Re: selling my bike Reply with quote

squeeky wrote:
I cant be dealing with idiots.

No, but webuyanyshite style companies love them.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
squeeky This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:24 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

squeeky wrote:
I have a Suzuki Bandit 2008 WeBuyAnyBike offered £1100 its got 10k miles on naked one. Or should I say WeConAnyOne

I have ran my bike through a few different websites webuybikes bikes4 cash blah blah

AnyBikeBought.Com offered me the most £2100 a grand more. That's with a small dent in tank. I was only looking at selling realistically for £2300-£2400.

Seriously £1100? how do they get away with it.

I'd be surprised if that £2100 offer is not 'subject to their inspection'

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:42 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:
squeeky wrote:
I have a Suzuki Bandit 2008 WeBuyAnyBike offered £1100 its got 10k miles on naked one. Or should I say WeConAnyOne

I have ran my bike through a few different websites webuybikes bikes4 cash blah blah

AnyBikeBought.Com offered me the most £2100 a grand more. That's with a small dent in tank. I was only looking at selling realistically for £2300-£2400.

Seriously £1100? how do they get away with it.

I'd be surprised if that £2100 offer is not 'subject to their inspection'

It's a price to get you onto their property. Once there they'll slag your bike off no end - only go if you have the strength to ride away.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:47 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

But their adverts have Philip Schofield and kittens on it. Must be good! Wink

In serious mode, I presume they just clean the vehicle and punt it straight out again. It would be interesting to find out what outlets they use.

ADSrox0r
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:29 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I can give a positive review of webuyanybike. I wouldn't normally entertain selling through these sort of avenues but when I got rid of the ZZR I was getting royally messed around by potential buyers for months (Just loads of dickheads wanting a go on a hooligan bike). These guys kept ringing me and I kept fobbing them off and to cut a long story short, in the end I actually got off them what I paid for the bike in the first place.

The guy that came round to do the 'inspection' was really decent, a proper biker's biker knew his stuff. Had some good banter with him over a brew and because the Zed was in absolutely stunning condition and ran fine he told me he wouldn't even bother haggling, even though he is meant to. He actually explained the process and said a lot of the other guys will go to the far end of a fart to chip away at the offer price to get their commission but he was of the opinion it's a good bike and a good price so crack on.

Money was bank transferred instantly, keys not handed over until it appeared in my online banking. Loaded her up and job done. They are effectively a middleman, it was going to Superbikefactory apparently.

One thing I will say is I took an absolute SHITLOAD of super high res photos in my adverts and detailed every little thing you could possibly pick up on and was completely honest about anything negative (It had some small rash damage on the carbon fibre panel) so this helped when it came to the conversation over the phone with the 'agent'. There was pretty much nothing they could get pissy about on the day.

I was happy, I got to put a few thousand miles on an absolute monster for a year and all it cost me was insurance and petrol.

Would I do it again? Probably not....I think I just got lucky.

Now, on the flip side. Father in law tried to sell his car through webuyanycar and got utterly dicked around to the point he threw the guy off his property....

Baffler186
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:47 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same as all the rest of these companies. They prey on people who are too naive or too lazy to sell privately. I once had a banged up Nissan with 90k on the clock. I was offered £45 from webuyanycar. I sold it for £400.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ADSrox0r
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:07 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh they certainly do, if you have no spine then don't even bother they'll just bend you over and fist...no lube.

NeverAgain
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 11:31 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold an absolute shitter of a car to we buy any car. I got sick of dick heads coming to test drive, me taking time off work and people not turning up and offering less than the scrap value for it. Knowing what I know now, I'd go there for a quote first. How much would you pay to not deal with all those timewasters?

Shit vehicles attract shitty people though. If you've got something that's not going for pennies, you'll probably deal with less timewasters.

inline4
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 11:53 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Re: selling my bike Reply with quote

squeeky wrote:
anyone tried to sell to any site like www.anybikebought.com or webuyanybike.com

I know they offer less being trade but I cant be dealing with idiots. anyone got any positive or negatives?

I would just put a 6 week advert on AutoTrader around March/April time and not sell it now. For whatever reason you get fewer idiots on Autotrader.

From experience I would avoid ebay as the amount of time wasters one gets is monumental and costs the same as Autotrader.

I tried selling my motorbike during the winter couple of years ago and the sheer number of people who thought I was desperate was staggering. Hilarious comments like "I'll pay cash mate, at least the bike will get a good home" Laughing

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:46 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Re: selling my bike Reply with quote

inline4 wrote:
... Hilarious comments like "I'll pay cash mate, at least the bike will get a good home" Laughing

I find it stupendous how many people say they'll pay cash. What else do you think I would expect? Doughnuts? Actually...

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:41 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Re: selling my bike Reply with quote

Meh, I've done alright putting an honest ad' on Gumtree, and the first to view has bought them. You get a lot of communication time wasters which's why priority goes to whoever turns up first, although I did hold the bike last time as they were the only one offering what I wanted.

DrSnoosnoo wrote:
I find it stupendous how many people say they'll pay cash. What else do you think I would expect? Doughnuts? Actually...

The guy did a bank transfer last time which TBH was simpler than having to go to the bank with lots of money. I was a bit nervous letting him test ride a 3k bike with only his wallet as collateral but he seemed trustworthy Shifty

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:28 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Re: selling my bike Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
The guy did a bank transfer last time which TBH was simpler than having to go to the bank with lots of money.
Simpler, sure - but you do realise that the fact that the transfer has gone through is no guarantee that it can't subsequently be reversed under certain circumstances?
M.C wrote:
I was a bit nervous letting him test ride a 3k bike with only his wallet as collateral
I bet you bloody were! Shocked

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:44 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Re: selling my bike Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
Simpler, sure - but you do realise that the fact that the transfer has gone through is no guarantee that it can't subsequently be reversed under certain circumstances?

Shocked Very Happy I thought scammers liked bank transfers because they were fairly hard to reverse?

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
M.C wrote:
I was a bit nervous letting him test ride a 3k bike with only his wallet as collateral
I bet you bloody were! Shocked

I'm not saying its the smartest thing I've ever done, probably smarter than letting a 125 noob have a test ride Embarassed

The test ride situation's what I don't like about selling privately, I did state cash in hand if you want one, but the guy was an experienced biker/seemed trustworthy etc.. Had it been a chav in trainers wanting to leave behind a stolen iPhone Folded arms

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:21 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scammers like bank transfers because they use accounts which don't belong to them.

Payment gets reversed when the account owner notices what's happened and the scammer has already collected your bike so you're left with nothing.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:02 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always used to sell bikes on ebay classifieds, but I did sell one on gumtree last year.

I don't haggle, I always state something like "the lowest price is the asking price, no offers please I will not reply". This seems to have reduced time wasters some what.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:15 - 10 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Scammers like bank transfers because they use accounts which don't belong to them.

Payment gets reversed when the account owner notices what's happened and the scammer has already collected your bike so you're left with nothing.

Err ok, I thought if the buyer wasn't currently offshore on an oil rig and sending round a courier with your million Nigerian dollars you were fine.

I'm sure Borg said he bank transferred, although he did used to submit false claims on eBay. Is that how he had so many bikes? Smile

EDIT: I meant scammers receiving money via bank transfer, like that turbo refurb guy someone posted about.

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:34 - 12 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/qF1i78v.jpg

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:59 - 12 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

That letter is fake. Shocked

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:35 - 12 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life is fake Sad

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/motoring/motoring-news/real-life-little-tikes-car-10255990
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 2 years, 80 days between these two posts...

DarthBlazer
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 13:55 - 01 Apr 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waiting for a reply back on a similar site to get rid of my bike. Anyone had any recent experiences, hows the market? Really don't want to get ripped off. Sold my car to somewhere similar and was happy but it was an old banger to be fair. Razz

Update; Ended up getting a quote from a site called https://themotorbikedealer.com Decent price to be fair and they're coming in a couple of days.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 26 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1