Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

R6 and other stuff.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:28 - 13 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my new bike delivered today. Very Happy

2004 F650GS, 28k miles, heated grips (never had these before so I'm looking forward to warm fingers) engine and other crash protection. I've dropped most of my bikes so this is a great addon. Top box.

The guy dropped the bike off for me this morning. Now to get it insured and taxed for the run out next weekend as Max is away at respite care.

Still got the Shadow so I had to scrounge some money from my daughter to pay for it Embarassed

Just noticed that I had no V5 for the Shadow so I've sent away for it...puts buyers right off if you've not got the V5....it's hopefully on route now as I've paid autotrader and mcn to advertise it and I'm scaring punters away.

Anyway onwards and up the stairway to heaven.

Obligatory photos

https://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy224/struan80/20190113_132205_001_zps0x1jyrmr.jpg

https://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy224/struan80/20190113_132220_zps60xgtkch.jpg

https://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy224/struan80/20190113_132227_zpsdygivsa9.jpg

https://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy224/struan80/20190113_132213_zpsmzl87hti.jpg

https://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy224/struan80/20190113_132157_zps6tofvege.jpg

https://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy224/struan80/20190113_132244_zpskgg3ov2j.jpg

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:07 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've got my Shadow up for sale. I looked through the paperwork, as you do, and I notice that I don't have the effin V5. I've done the V62 hope it will be here soon

Anyway, I've had three enquiries and I've had to tell them that I'm waiting on the V5 so don't hear anything back as expected.

How long does a V5 take to come, 4 to 6 weeks they say, surely not?

That is tame my biggest fuckup came when I was Cancelling the tax for the shadow. I accidentally put the person who I bought the F650S as the new owner of the shadow, does that make sense. So the V5 for the Shadow will be sent to the guy that sold me the F650gs. NM even I don't understand

I am one complete and utter twat, going to take ages to get the V5 and I've paid MCN and AutoTrader for the add and turning folk away.

No where else to rant as nobody else gives a fuck, sorry guys.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:18 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that looks a bit lighter and more agile than the shadow that's for sure! Rogerborg would be proud too! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:22 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
Well that looks a bit lighter and more agile than the shadow that's for sure! Rogerborg would be proud too! Laughing

Roger! A fellow Scotsman and all round good egg. I remember he fell of his bike at a junction one winter. It must have killed him Sad

After the Shadow the 650 feels like a moped, goes a bit quicker too which is nice.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:40 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long does a V5 take to come? Expect it when you see it is the most accurate answer. :'(

Jim Mc
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:38 - 15 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks absolutely spotless for a 2004 bike with 28k miles. How does it look so pristene? Like not one flec of rust or any scratches, no heat discolouration?

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:52 - 15 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Mc wrote:
That looks absolutely spotless for a 2004 bike with 28k miles. How does it look so pristene? Like not one flec of rust or any scratches, no heat discolouration?

The tank and the cosmetic bodywork is pretty darned good, I suspect not the original side panels as scratches on the metalwork show the bike has been gently down the road at some point. Some corroded bolts and nuts and the engine crashbar is rusty as if it's been used Smile

It's great I don't have to feel bad about not cleaning her.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:16 - 16 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

struan80 wrote:

It.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:33 - 16 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
struan80 wrote:

It.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:07 - 19 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've sold my Shadow pending arrival of the V5. I had IT valeted and it looked an impressive bike when I took the cover off. Shame we didn't get along. It's like humping a large lady and not wanting to see her again. My new BMW suits me fine as I already know I'm a complete tosser.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:42 - 23 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't help myself. To get this thread back on topic I'm looking at getting an R6 again Mr. Green Maybe go for a fuel injected this time. Already got one spotted that seems a good deal. Update later.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:18 - 08 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I came back down to earth, an R6 is not going to happen, although I miss my old one a fair bit, best bike I've owned.

Oh well Rolling Eyes

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:05 - 08 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there was me opening the thread eager to see what bike you'd bought today. Laughing

V5 arrived for the Shadow and so the sale was a success?

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:28 - 09 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
And there was me opening the thread eager to see what bike you'd bought today. Laughing

V5 arrived for the Shadow and so the sale was a success?

Yes, Shadow is gone, got a reasonable price for it, lost £800 but heyho.

It's fun to watch someone getting a new bike, couldn't wipe the smile of the buyers face. If he only knew that you have to taste marmite to figure out it's not for you.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:48 - 22 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things could change, quickly as usual. Anyway the producer of a documentary, with my son Max and me, wants to sell her Ducati 800ss and throw in a Thunderace!. Goodness that Ducati is fine and I've got a mate who does his DAS at the end of the month who could use the Thunderace!

Has anyone any thoughts on each of these bikes and am I losing my mind again?

The documentary producer with the bikes is Sam Poling, yet to meet her but if she'rides an 800ss she's fine by me. Will let you know how my fantasy will unfold.

Happy riding ladies and gents.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:09 - 23 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this has arrived on my drive. I started out with good sensible intentions then it all went wrong. It is a 2006 model.

I was literally shaking riding it home, The F650GS has a slack throttle and at 47hp doesn't matter too much. The Fireblades throttle is like a precision instrument, one false move and your dead kind of feel. Shocked

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/yy224/struan80/0/3837fa4d-7cf7-4e6b-841d-4d1e6f778600-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/yy224/struan80/0/bdced9eb-77e3-440d-a8e7-75ef275195a6-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

(This thread is my diary so just keeping this here for future reference for when I come to sell it) Yoshi end can, Valter Moto rearsets, braided brake lines, ASV levers, double bubble zero gravity screen, heated grips, gear indicator, micro indicators, tail tidy, combined brake and indicator lamp among others. Will sell as single seater as you see, but will also give pillion rearsets and seat, along with pillion fuel tank grab handles. All bolts have been replaced with Pro-Bolt titanium bolts, easy to get bodywork off with no corroded bolts. Have all original parts (except original bolts...). Will also throw in trickle charger and oxford cover. 2 keys included.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:56 - 09 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two month, well nearly, review of the Fireblade.

Looks.

It looks fantastic to me. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder right enough but the Red and black 2006 Fireblade is the best looking of them all Very Happy . Strange but I have had an HJC red and black helmet that I'd never worn until now. Is it a bit naff to have your helmet matching your bike? Not that any of that matters when you speed on by with cries in the background from motorists. 'Ya mad cunt'

https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/yy224/struan80/42508273_2316159528604412_5541977738627252224_n_zpsdk1jieib.jpg

More to follow on this review when I'm sober including:

Sitting on the bike stationary. The feel of the bike.
Sitting on the bike while riding at 56 mph
Sitting on the bike while riding at 70mph.
Sitting on the bike while front wheel is up at 120mph. (aye right)
Riding on the motorway
Riding on A roads.
Riding on B roads
Riding the bike at 110mph
Low speed corners
High speed corners
Electronics and riding aids
Practicality
Slow speed manouevering.
Conclusion
Penis size

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:44 - 09 Aug 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sitting on the bike stationary.

I'm 5ft 7 1/2".

If you are not used to a sports bike then you will feel like Frankie Dettori on Shergar when you first sit on the bike and put your feet on the pegs.

Your head will be forward and the grips will be way forward as the steering lock will likely be on when you sit on it so everything is at extremes. It is important when trying this bike to release the steering lock. I have ridden sports bikes before and think this is as comfortable a bike as any of them stationary, the pegs are aftermarket on mine and I think a bit higher than standard.

My 5ft 71/2" make it quite difficult to get a decent grip of the ground when stationary but yet the bike would be quite small for an over 6ft...er.

The dashboard is alright but there is no fuel gauge and thankfully no setting to worry about. Mine has heated grips that drains the rubics cube size battery in no time.

The bike feels about the size of a cross between the 1999 R6 and R1.

In general I wet my pants when sitting on the bike stationary. This is just the start of the love affair. No doubt I'll plough it into a lampost as divoce looms. Shocked

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:47 - 19 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold most of my sim racing gear Sad
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 232 days between these two posts...

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:33 - 08 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I;ve still got the Fireblade but I'm thinking of trading it. Fancy either a Z1000SX or a VFR800.

The fireblade is nice but to much bike for me and my neck aches when I do long trips.

Me and my mate want to do some touring up North Coast 500, once he convinces his missus, so will be looking for panniers included with the bike I get.

Still the best bike I've ever owned is the 1999 R6. Twisted Evil

I want rid of the BMW as well, but the speedo doesn't work so can't see the current mileage. I guess the last MOT is the best I can do.

It's been great weather for a blast, managed to overheat the fireblade after red lining it to often, I think. It's the first time I've had the balls to red line in 3rd and nearly 4th before I have to slow down. There are a few great straights around here. Went out for a easy going run yesterday and ended up at 130 odd (I don't actually know the speed as no way was I going to look down at the speedo)

Viva La Revolution

Another reason for getting rid of the fireblade is I'll likely die before the summer is out.

Out in a blaze of glory. Great

What's going on in the world today? Utter madness. Glad I can get out on the bike and get away from that shit. What's all this about blacks matter, surely everyone matters. The people in countries were poverty is rife, raping and crime is extreme, they're the countries that need the help....Black and white folk can fuck off as it is easier to hate everyone Mr. Green yone.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:40 - 09 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

struan80 wrote:

Another reason for getting rid of the fireblade is I'll likely die before the summer is out

You can't get rid till you actually max it out. 130 is not maxing it out Laughing

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:48 - 29 Jun 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still alive anyway. Dropped the Fireblade while pushing it on the chips outside. pig sick

It's not too bad but the bike was immaculate Sad

It's strange but when I see of biker deaths I get jealous.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:10 - 09 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold the Fireblade and gone for something more sensible. Ordered a black Ninja 650.

I couldn't handle the Fireblade and it didn't help that I could barely reach the ground.

Well I always wanted a Fireblade, I'll never have another pure sports bike. 54 and getting to look stupid with white boots and gloves.

First Kawasaki, I'll need to get a bright lime green helmet and leathers

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/yy224/struan80/Ninja_650_black.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:36 - 26 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bike arrived today Smile New bikes make a happy Struan. Only one bike at home for a change.

First impressions.

Seat height is the low, seat is narrow so ideal for short arses like me. Feel so much more relaxed riding out of the chipped driveway in which I've dropped two bikes already Embarassed

I had never seen one in the flesh but the bike looks quite nice in my opinion. CBR650R in black is nicer looking in my head anyway. I would have preferred the loud KTR paint but they were sold out. Can't see it but the black has metallic through

Engine note will take a bit of getting used to, first parallel twin. Not a lot to be excited about in the noise department. I'll likely NOT get a new exhast and all that stuff. If I need a few more HP then I'll buy another bike.. Not even sure if I can be arsed fitting a tail tidy. If it is lucky I'll clean it once a month.

It seems to have a decent enough amount of usable power, not quite the fireblade but it is fast of the line and has enough for quick overtaking, just.

Build quality is very good for the price.

Cockpit is a nice place to be. Gear indicator and fuel gauge

Great there are no rider aids except ABS

The bike has an upright riding position

It is the most well mannered bike I have ridden

It's a Kawasaki and I haven't had one before

All in all happy with my purchase. Next bike will be a nice condition NC30 VFR to add to the Ninja Very Happy

Brava210
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 19:43 - 27 Jul 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice looking bike.
Honda Novio, Puch Grand Prix, Suzuki AP50, CZ 125, Wassell 125, Montesa 348,Honda 125TDC, Suzuki 100ER, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Aprillia Pegaso, Honda PCX125, Honda Forza300, BMW G310 GS, Suzuki SFV650, Honda CB500X

CHARLEY SAYS " ALWAYS TELL YOUR MUMMY BEFORE YOU GO OFF SOMEWHERE"
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 244 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 6 of 18