Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Anyone with back problems tried spine stretching exercises?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

jonbee56
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 22:20 - 16 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not often i post on the forum, but back pain is a serious issue. I originally tried a physio, but without success and then I was introduced to a chiropractor in South London SE25 who i've used for about 20 years. He ain't cheap, but he won't rip you off & he gets the job done..AND explains what he is doing and why.

I've old serious issues with L2 & L3 and mrs was told to expect to be in a wheelchair about 10 years ago. We are still in good health and both active

Find a good chiropractor and they will sort it out

If anyone needs details of the wizard that I use, just PM me
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:06 - 17 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the good advice! I've previously been to a chiropractors years ago with a back injury and yeah they helped more than anything else and it got better quicker too.

My back is easing up slowly, I've been doing home exercises on a hard floor to stretch and strengthen my back, and 25sit ups a day to help core muscles.

I've also tried hanging from a bar and pulling my knees up to my chest slowly. There's alot of clicking but it has eased the lower spine part of my back a bit already.

Downside is I've pulled something across the back of my shoulders now and it feels like I've sprayed that deep heat on them as they are burning a bit too. Doh!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:13 - 17 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm still hard at work with my fitness training, with no one to advise me whether this or that exercise is good or bad for my busted back, and I suspect one or two might be the latter in the long run, but nothing catastrophic seems to have occurred yet, so I'll press on.

Well, I do have an extra twinge in my lower back, off to one side, might be a trapped nerve maybe, but it's not so bad that I think it need stop me.

But in my case, with exercise, it's damned if I do, and damned if I don't Laughing

Too late, I'm addicted now.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Tigerider
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:12 - 26 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NHS is free!!

Fucking use it!

You're welcome!

Rolling Eyes
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 83 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2