Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

crf 250 r running rich or lean? 2006

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

merky369
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:05 - 11 Jan 2019    Post subject: crf 250 r running rich or lean? 2006 Reply with quote

hi guys got teething issues with my crf ..

got carb at stock jets . stock needle postion. stock screw position.

the problem im having is around idle.
it seems to want to hang on to idle after a rev....
but.. if i pull the hot start lever it brings it straight down to tick over smoothly??

i saw someone say that there is a throttle seal that tends to go on these carbs and causes to hang on to idle. but i want to be sure this is my problem before i go wasting money on parts not to fix the issue..if this was the case my question is? wouldnt it want to hang onto idle alll the time? where as if i pull the hot start lever it manually brings it down to normal idle speed quickly ... could this be a sign im running rich? and me pulling the hot start lever is equalling the ratio to make it work as it should.. if this is the case what would i do to adjust the mix??

thanks for reading and and responce will be appreciated thankyou all

Fizzer Thou
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:16 - 17 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does sound as though it is running lean and by actuating the hot start button you are enrichening the mixture so as to get it to run.

The carb is quite complicated and whenever I have had the same type of device apart from my KTM enduro I have been very mindful of the number of parts involved

https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/4879461/crf250r6-2006-ed-cmf/carburetor

Have you tried spraying some WD40 around the inlet manifold while the engine was running?If the revs rise while spraying it would suggest that there is an inlet leak and I would look seriously at the rubber manifold for any cracks.Easy and cheap to replace

Part #5 on the fiche

https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/4879445/crf250r6-2006-ed-cmf/cylinder-head

Always have a 'Plan B'
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 94 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1