Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 434, 435, 436 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:38 - 17 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Thinking

My current boss has decided not to extend my contract beyond the probation period. Thinks I wont be able to keep up with his planned increase in business.
Strange fellow.

Wonder what his other doctors will have to say about that.
Not a lot, I suppose, some other mug bitrd is stressing the way I have been, about getting their typing done on time, and in a tiny office space packed with other noisy staff members.

No doubt he will come to regret his decision once I'm gone.
But he's offered to load a digital dictation programme onto my laptop for me, and to put my details up on the Independent Doctor Federation website. So I suppose that's something.

Shame, cos I liked Sloane Square.

Not best pleased.
Might have to go back to the minicabbing in the meantime. Make a proper job of it this time and not keep bumping into other cars ( Laughing )

Or temping ...
Or dominatrixing, LOL ... really should seriously consider how best to make a career out of that without having to stick things up men's bottoms or get involved with their private parts.

Oh well ... something else will happen along, no doubt.

Maybe you shouldn't have ignored your boss over Christmas? Smile I did 44 hours overtime one month when I was still under probation, when I became permanent I turned into a lazy fucker Cool

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:12 - 17 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Thinking

My current boss has decided not to extend my contract beyond the probation period....Shame, cos I liked Sloane Square.

hellkat's too classy for the likes of them?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:45 - 17 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Thinking

My current boss has decided not to extend my contract beyond the probation period. Thinks I wont be able to keep up with his planned increase in business.
Strange fellow.

I do wonder how many employers use someone for the 'probation period' then get rid and employ someone new just to get around all the workers rights that are invoked on a full time contract. if there isn't much training involved, it's almost a no brainer especially if you employ young women of child bearing age.

It's just a different version of screwing people over, like zero hours.

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:54 - 17 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Thinking

Strange fellow.

Wonder what his other doctors will have to say about that.
Not a lot, I suppose, some other mug bitrd is stressing the way I have been, about getting their typing done on time, and in a tiny office space packed with other noisy staff members.

No doubt he will come to regret his decision once I'm gone.
But he's offered to load a digital dictation programme onto my laptop for me, and to put my details up on the Independent Doctor Federation website. So I suppose that's something.

Shame, cos I liked Sloane Square.

Not best pleased.
Might have to go back to the minicabbing in the meantime. Make a proper job of it this time and not keep bumping into other cars ( Laughing )

Or temping ...
Or dominatrixing, LOL ... really should seriously consider how best to make a career out of that without having to stick things up men's bottoms or get involved with their private parts.

Oh well ... something else will happen along, no doubt.

Perhaps squashing his nads in a par of Christian Louboutin killer heels, will change his mind?! Thinking
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:16 - 17 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Maybe you shouldn't have ignored your boss over Christmas?

Considering he wasn't even in the country, I fail to see how I might have ignored him.
Never mind.
The rest of the admin staff are suitably devastated and its starting to dawn on them who's going to have to carry that burden.
The doctors are likely to be reasonably disappointed as well.
Meantime, I'm just quietly assessing my options.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:25 - 17 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Considering he wasn't even in the country, I fail to see how I might have ignored him.
Never mind.

You were giving us a running commentary of how you offered to go in or something, they said no then were trying to contact you.

I don't care Wink it's just the second time recently you've been booted early doors from a job you liked iirc. Maybe try to work out why Smile

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:42 - 17 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
hellkat wrote:
Thinking

Strange fellow.

I do wonder how many employers use someone for the 'probation period' then get rid and employ someone new just to get around all the workers rights that are invoked on a full time contract. if there isn't much training involved, it's almost a no brainer especially if you employ young women of child bearing age.

It's just a different version of screwing people over, like zero hours.

I think he thinks I make the place look like a Post Office.
Too much fluffy cardy wearing, probably Rolling Eyes
I'm entirely meh about the whole thing and have left one of the receptionists with instructions that if I just duss out and drop out of their Whatsapp Group, then they will know I've left early Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:14 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You were giving us a running commentary of how you offered to go in or something, they said no then were trying to contact you.

Yeah, maybe "or something" is more appropriate there.
Easy how someone can get the wrong end of both sticks - like you've just done - and then twist stuff to make it into something it isn't, so that you can criticise or pontificate.
Guess you had to be there (or not as the case may be) *shrug*

Quote:
Maybe try to work out why

Maybe not even bother.
Maybe too long in the tooth for that shite (which I suspect is exactly "why")
Certainly old enough to be completely disinterested in jumping through someone else's hoops for my entire life.

Maybe just get on with life. Cool
I'm very much of the "things happen for a reason" school of thought, in that things tend to get blown out of context if you dwell too much on them.

Much more effective to move on and get on with other stuff, than to sit about crying into one's mochaccino for too long.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:17 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

LustyLew wrote:
Perhaps squashing his nads .... Thinking

Now there's an idea Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:38 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Yeah, maybe "or something" is more appropriate there.
Easy how someone can get the wrong end of both sticks - like you've just done - and then twist stuff to make it into something it isn't, so that you can criticise or pontificate.
Guess you had to be there (or not as the case may be) *shrug*

I said I don't give a shit, I just remember reading your post and grimacing.

hellkat wrote:
Certainly old enough to be completely disinterested in jumping through someone else's hoops for my entire life.

My point which you took offence to was you only need to jump through someone else's hoops for a few months Neutral

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:46 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you still banging on?
Shouldn't you be in bed by now or something?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:57 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The elderly go to bed early Wink I know you don't do retrospection but this was the post that I was referring to:

hellkat wrote:
So the manager has Whatsapp'd me today asking me if I have some time to talk.
I was about to respond dutifully, when I thought "No luv. I now have my feet up on the sofa, and a glass of marsala in my hand."

She could have had me there in the office with her, and I could have taken my holidays on my own terms.
But no. We did it her way.
Now she is stuck there and I am still on holiday.

No doubt she'll solve whatever her problem is without my help.
She is paid more to be the manager, after all, and not the typist.
But she needs to learn that staff members on holiday are NOT staff members on call.

#schadenfreude

So my recollection wasn't that far off Thinking

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:41 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the manager

Quote:
my boss

Not the same person.

See... a simple slip of your concentration and you have managed to complicated the situation for yourself unnecessarily, indeed quite beyond your current levels of comprehension. But time will undoubtedly show the error of your must-have-the-last-word ways.

Anyway, who cares.

I'm supposed to have left the house half an hour ago.
Strangely (not), time management has slipped close to the bottom of my list of conscientious motivations.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:23 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every team leader and manager are your boss Rolling Eyes

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 11:30 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

THAT is mansplaining, Jen.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:34 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
M.C wrote:

THAT is mansplaining, Jen.

https://zh-prod-1cc738ca-7d3b-4a72-b792-20bd8d8fa069.storage.googleapis.com/s3fs-public/styles/inline_image_desktop/public/inline-images/mansplained.JPG?itok=1tckB68j

Twisted Evil
Laughing

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:37 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Our end of suburbia has recently turned into a major fucking training ground for hundreds of driving instructors.
It's getting ridiculous now. With around half the cars during daytime hours being instructors with very novice learner drivers.

The big problem is, for the very novice drivers, who can't go over 10mph, they love these newer estates with the kinks in the road and constant traffic islands. Unfortunately for the residents who actually live there, this leaves fuck all chance of being able to over take them. You can be stuck behind several moving at under 15mph for at least a mile, stalling at every junction or set of light, as they go through the main bus routes through the estates.

Every single trip now, I can lay money on being stuck behind at least 2 on a 1 mile trip. They are making up almost half of the traffic during daytime hours now.

Ah but you were one of those people once upon a time. You were the one making queues, you were the one making others late..

I do feel though. There are far better places to do the driving where it's not going to affect others too much.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:42 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure where to post this but it's here anyway..
Dirty stinking old women.
I'm sorry but water and soap costs pennies. You might be wearing nice clothes, have nice hair but you stink - a stink that's caught in my throat. Not pissy urine - this is the rot of flesh. This is absolute laziness. You have put me completely off my dinner. Go home and wash your rotten bits you stinking old woman.

I can honestly say that was the second worst smell I've ever endured.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:55 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apps I've paid for being removed from the app store Evil or Very Mad

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:38 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

What? As in switched off? Don't work anymore or just don't exist?

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:02 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
I'm sorry but water and soap costs pennies. You might be wearing nice clothes, have nice hair but you stink - a stink that's caught in my throat. Not pissy urine - this is the rot of flesh. This is absolute laziness. You have put me completely off my dinner. Go home and wash your rotten bits you stinking old woman.

I didnt realise we'd met. You should have introduced yourself Embarassed

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:16 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
M.C wrote:

What? As in switched off? Don't work anymore or just don't exist?

Deleted from the app store so you can't download them Crying or Very sad I tried a cracked copy but it wouldn't install.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:20 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
Sister Sledge wrote:

I didnt realise we'd met. You should have introduced yourself Embarassed

I picked up on a smell. Like a line of smell as I shoved the trolley. When I rounded the corner to the next aisle I was confused - the woman looked well to do, had smart clothes on, looked the part.
I shook my head in silence. Nah couldn't be her - must be something bad on a shelf.
I've just started gagging here. The smell - vile. Proper putrid rotten flesh.
Story time: My Dad lost his sense of smell and taste decades ago after having flu. I visit as much as possible but dread one thing. I have to go through his fridge and smell things just in case they've gone bad.
That old woman today - far far worse than maggoty sliced bacon.

I'm so sorry - I mean it could have been a male too - just stay clean folks. Take time to splash a little water or whatever. Fuck just scrub some snow on FFS if you don't have water Sad
(I'm retching. I really am)
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 71 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 434, 435, 436 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 435 of 698