Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Al Beeb subliminal comedy?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:40 - 15 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C. I'm sure they will for a while.

I don't see London being full of ladies astride tall, leggy birds. London will be full of city-dwellers looking for a cheap meal. I can remember what the miner's strike did to the local duck and fish population. Imagine this hundreds of times over and you have London in the medium term.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:22 - 15 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am afraid it does, sugar-tits. The EED is in addition to the Kyoto Protocol and the Paris Climate Change Agreement. If we leave the EU, we are not bound by the EED and we will not therefore reduce our energy consumption as fast as we otherwise could do.

You may mock my green fantasy world but pray tell, how do you see our future? Assume we are out of the EU and nobody discovers an alternative source of energy that can be readily used in personal and commercial transport... Where will all the food come from when we have to grow our own?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:18 - 16 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mdma let me simplify it. First, gain an understanding of what you are talking about re. electricity generation by reading this bit of Lefty fag BBC propaganda:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24823641

Now assuming you have understood it you will appreciate that in order to exist as we do now, we will need to replace fossil fuels with renewables. How do we do this when the cost of manufacture, transport and installation of most renewable plant is far higher than the corresponding saving in energy at present? We subsidise the renewables sector until the balance shifts. What happens if we don't compared to countries in the EU? They have the ability to produce cheap, clean electricity in the future and all we have left is harder to reach (therefore more expensive...) fossil fuels and a few nuclear power stations that have a limited lifespan and inherent ecological risks.

The point I am making is that if we want to be able to plug in a kettle in 2040, we need to be thinking ahead and that requires EU level consideration such as the EED. If we leave, we run the risk of successive Governments taking a Trumpesque stance, using up our coal and oil reserves faster, fracking the arse out of the countryside for gas, comissioning more nuclear power stations when we haven't even learned how to decomission the old ones we already have etc etc etc.

Have you read anything about production and use of biofuels in a global context? Please do, then think again about the likelyhood of us buying and transporting said fuel from countries that don't need all their land for growing food. We may well end up with some production in the UK but it will be expensive in all senses and the amount of fuel produced will not be sufficient to maintain a motor industry producing vehicles for domestic use.

The only reason why oil companies are as large and powerful as they are now is because oil has been such an efficient form of fuel. Once its general use ceases, those companies will cease to be as big. We can see a shift towards electric cars now, and this will continue until the manufacturers realise that people can't afford them any more because we will simply not have the disposable incomes we enjoy now. This will happen because our economy and society is dependant upon the availability of cheap fossil fuels. Chicken and egg, if you like...

I have said before that staying or leaving the EU is a minor consideration in comparison to the spectre of Caroline Lucas on horseback, as Mdma so eloquently puts it. On balance, staying in an organisation that recognises the future and legislates to soften the blow makes more sense than leaving it and hoping Trump or the Chinese will suddenly grow up.

Am I deluded? If I am, I am from a more informed standpoint than you who thinks that we can rely upon big business to save the planet!

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:04 - 20 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

That picture is offensive to vegans. Tut Tut

Anything we do regarding green policies is a tiny drop in the ocean compared to the shit America and China spew out. Probably India too soon.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:12 - 20 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

True enough, but there is nothing wrong with trying to make life on our little island bearable for future generations by being part of a larger organisation with leverage....

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:47 - 20 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to ask - how do you propose we save the planet?

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:28 - 20 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so not giving foreign aid is your answer to climate change because it persuades black women to have more babies. An interesting, well considered point of view as always.

Sorry I asked!

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:48 - 20 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Ok, so not giving foreign aid is your answer to climate change because it persuades black women to have more babies. An interesting, well considered point of view as always.

Sorry I asked!

Some of the women are fairly large and probably let off a lot of methane Laughing

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:20 - 20 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, you think that stopping foreign aid will reduce 'spillage' of Africans into Europe. Ever considered that stopping foreign aid may make life less comfortable for millions of Africans in Africa, and they may decided to up-sticks to Europe as a result?

Earth is over-populated, of that we can all agree. I don't think stopping foreign aid will touch the problem however because it is much bigger than that. It might make you feel happier to know that you aren't providing Africans with work so they can afford to feed their kids and their parents, but I don't think that is the answer to global warming.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:50 - 20 Dec 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Point not missed. Africa is overpopulated like most of the world. Stopping foreign aid isn't going to change that.

You say that before western intervention (whatever that means...), birth rates were lower and survival rates higher. By that can I take it that nowadays birth rates are higher and survival rates lower? I'm no genius as you are keen to point out, but wouldn't one cancel out the other?

Here's an idea. What about some of the foreign aid going towards education and contraception?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:44 - 17 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might knock one out over Diane Wub

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:43 - 17 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

By Reuters

10:57PM GMT 02 Nov 2015

The world is no longer at risk of running out of oil or gas, with existing technology capable of unlocking so much that global reserves would almost double by 2050 despite booming consumption, BP has said.

When taking into account all accessible forms of energy, including nuclear, wind and solar, there are enough resources to meet 20 times what the world will need over that period, David Eyton, BP Group head of technology said.

"Energy resources are plentiful. Concerns over running out of oil and gas have disappeared," Mr Eyton said at the launch of BP's inaugural Technology Outlook.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:18 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Might knock one out over Diane Wub

She was looking particularly foxy last night, with the new hair-do and makeup. I'd want her to spend a few days with a decent dentist however before I'd let her within smoking distance of little Diggs....

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:33 - 21 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the subject of BCF's favourite object of desire: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46943667
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 68 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 8 of 23