Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Scottish Moto Adventures

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration
View previous topic : View next topic  

wheelie kid
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 07:37 - 19 Jan 2019    Post subject: Scottish Moto Adventures Reply with quote

Good morning all (Hopefully this is the correct section on the forum to post this)

My name is Jamie, I am based in Glenrothes, Fife. I am new to the forum this year too Smile

Last year I thought about starting up a small motorcycle tour guide business, the business would run bike tours all over Scotland such as riding the Inner and Outer Hebrides, Skye, NC 500, Coast to Coast and tour of the borders.
I am now starting to get a website designed, social media pages set up and so on. I have 10 years road riding experience, before I passed my bike test, I had a go at trials riding, some motocross then onto enduro riding.
I am currently in the middle of setting up a small business to run bike tours during my time off from offshore work, currently working a 3 on 3 off rotation so plenty time at home. I have been doing my own adventures around Scotland since buying my first camper van in 2008, since then I just love getting out and about all over Scotland and exploring, back in 2016 I converted my LWB Mercedes Sprinter into a motorhome with garage, kitted out for bigger and better adventures.
Bikes passed and present - First road bike was a 600 bandit, then I moved onto a Z1000 streetfighter, I have never owned a sported bike as I like the more sit up bikes, after the z1000 I bought a newer one and kept that for a year before buying my first BMW GS, I went to BMW Motorrad in Dundee to have a look at them along with Drysdales KTM in Perth. The BMW was the bike for me, I loved the look of the 1200 GS adventure but when I went to view one in Dundee it was a lot bigger than I thought....ha-ha, I then decided to go for the R1200 GS on a 2010 plate which I kept for a year, then I traded it in and bought a 2011 GSA. The GSA with all the gadgets on it was great on road and a little off road riding, last year I sold this bike and bought the newer BMW GSA LC model and I absolutely love this bike.

I have been touring all over Scotland for years whether on the bike, mountain biking or in the campervan, I have marked out some of the best roads there Is for riding on, stunning scenery and amazing beaches. Bike tours will have a variety of options - Bike tours with B&B, Bike tours and wild camping, Bike tours and camping on sites, Bike tours with Micro lodges and Wigwams, Weekend tours running Friday to Monday, Bike tours over 4-10 days.

Bike hire and rider kit available for hire on request.

Like I said, I am now in the process of getting this tour business up and running, I am also open to suggestions, other riders experience, what else can I offer etc so fire away Smile
Tours can be bespoke for group riders, whisky trail through Scotland, Scotland will blow you away once you see what is hidden out in there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Enduro Numpty
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 13:48 - 19 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum from Aberdeenshire and the best of luck with your business. It's not my cup of tea but I'm sure that with the amount of bikes touring Scotland there must be some potential customers. It seems to work overseas.

I've recently been looking at trying to go to Southern Spain for a few days mid winter some time and there seems to be a few outfits offering tours or just bike hire which would suit me and the wife better than an organised thing. I think having different options for accommodation is good - cater for more budgets.

kgm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:08 - 19 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speyside whisky festival in May, might be worth trying to advertise on some of the related websites as it does attract a fair few international visitors who might be interested as part of their trip.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 70 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1