Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

ULEZ London - date set.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

TaffyTDM
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 16:34 - 16 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would retry the ULEZ checker, seems like the tfl coders have had a sesh and worked on the motorbike records...my bike which previously showed as exempt (02 plated import, registered in 2015) is now shown up for the polar bear murdering machine it is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:59 - 16 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

TaffyTDM wrote:
I would retry the ULEZ checker, seems like the tfl coders have had a sesh and worked on the motorbike records...my bike which previously showed as exempt (02 plated import, registered in 2015) is now shown up for the polar bear murdering machine it is.

Good Folded arms

Laughing

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:51 - 16 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comically, my 08 registered Enfield is still showing as polar bear friendly. Nae chance. Laughing

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:19 - 16 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Comically, my 08 registered Enfield is still showing as polar bear friendly. Nae chance. Laughing

So is my 2 stroke enduro Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Andy_Pagin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:18 - 17 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems my 1967 landrover with it's open vented crankcase breathers is exempt, but 2003 Fazer is not.

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:06 - 19 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole thing is stupid and seems like its based on a cut of date on July 2007 and assumes that any vehicle registered after that date is compliant?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:08 - 19 Jul 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

woo wrote:
The whole thing is stupid and seems like its based on a cut of date on July 2007 and assumes that any vehicle registered after that date is compliant?

Looks that way. Farcical, ain't it?

Vracktal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:20 - 04 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little update, it's being reported there might be a chance if you can prove your pre-2007 bike doesn't breach the emissions limit you can get an exemption from the scheme. Completely untested and with no formal mechanism as of yet, but might be worth a punt if (like me) your bike is right on the cut-off date.

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2019/january/ulez-london-sadiq-khan/?fbclid=IwAR2yLjeBZQLaQglDTIU1yjxGkqW4PlJFvhIlpCdg7GYEoq9ZbC2s6afpVaE

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:38 - 04 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAG have achieved something? Someone needs to telegram Rogerborg.

Vracktal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:42 - 05 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
MAG have achieved something? Someone needs to telegram Rogerborg.

Wouldn't go that far, MAG have achieved at best an acknowledgement from TfL that there are some older bikes under the emisions limit. Whether anyone actually manages to send details to TfL and have their bike exempted is another matter altogether. Frankly, I'll believe it when I see it.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:22 - 05 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

My BMW should achieve it. Where can I find the relevant requirements?

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 13:39 - 07 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

My VFR (2000 MY) has a catalytic converter, and I'd take a reasonable bet that it meets the emissions requirements needed.... I just need someone to take the hit on getting one tested.

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top

PostPosted: 14:56 - 07 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_Pagin wrote:
Seems my 1967 landrover with it's open vented crankcase breathers is exempt, but 2003 Fazer is not.

Classic vehicles are exempt so drive through London as you wish!

ULEZ bumpf wrote:
You can apply to stop paying vehicle tax if your vehicle was built more than 40 years ago. This date moves forward on a 40-year rolling system. Assuming the rules stay the same, when the ULEZ launches in April 2019, vehicles built before 1979 will be eligible to apply for historic vehicle tax class.

All vehicles that have a historic vehicle tax class will be exempt from the ULEZ. This tax class excludes any vehicle used commercially (for example, coffee vans or street food vans).

In line with the existing LEZ discount all vehicles registered before 1 January 1973 will be exempt from the ULEZ, regardless of commercial use or otherwise.

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:16 - 07 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The emissions figures should be on your log book, im trying to find someone who has a Suzuki GSXR 1000 k5/k6 so i can make a copy and then email this emissions info to TFL to get this bike removed from the list so it will become exempt from the ULEZ charge.

The below link is where if you have the proof (emissions figures should be on the log book) you can attach the log book and tell TFL that your motorcycle actually does meet the requirements and should be exempt from the ULEZ charge.

https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/cc-contact-us-make-an-enquiry-wizard-37743

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:33 - 07 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

woo wrote:
The emissions figures should be on your log book

I was gonna mention that but I wasn't sure when figures started appearing or if it's random. I found a 2006 V5c without emissions data. However it seems contacting the manufacturer might indeed be a solution:

‘If these values are not recorded on the V5c you will need to provide a copy of the vehicle’s Conformity Certificate which you can obtain from the vehicle manufacturer. Alternatively, you may wish to contact the vehicle manufacturer’s homologation department. They will need to provide you with a letter signed by a named individual from the homologation department which contains the following information (a letter from customer services or a dealer will not be accepted):
– Vehicle registration mark (VRM)
– Vehicle identification number (VIN)
– Euro standard the vehicle was manufactured to – Fuel Type
– Nitrogen Oxides (NOx) value.’

https://www.bikerandbike.co.uk/loophole-means-older-motorbikes-may-still-qualify-for-ulez-exemption/

Hopefully they won't start excluding bikes that were sold on late plates Smile

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:42 - 07 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

No emissions data on my V5c - all those fields are blank. There is a type approval number though.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:14 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now, if this was to be introduced in the UK, it would have a far greater affect on personal vehicle ownership than any ulez !!

https://today.rtl.lu/news/luxembourg/1295358.html

Of course, it won't happen in the uk

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:01 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
Now, if this was to be introduced in the UK, it would have a far greater affect on personal vehicle ownership than any ulez !!

https://today.rtl.lu/news/luxembourg/1295358.html

Of course, it won't happen in the uk

They already have free (bus) travel for kids and pensioners down 'ere, even if it was free for everyone I'd still rather have my own transport Smile

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:35 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

They already have free (bus) travel for kids and pensioners down 'ere, even if it was free for everyone I'd still rather have my own transport Smile

Big difference between kids & pensioners and commuters, free travel, save £100's, sometimes £1000's a year, especially, if you chuck a ulez into the mix as well. But, as I say, won't happen over here, increase the costs associated with using your own personal vehicle, ensure more work from home is the route that things are going here. Also, encourage large employers to pay for 'bus' travel to work, or even a dedicated bus route, for your employees, again, already started to happen in my area, ironically, with a car manufacturer !! Shocked

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:48 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried the tube during rush hour? Smile There isn't the extra capacity, I think that's why they only dish out free bus passes. It might work in other parts of the country like Nottingham which apparently has an amazing tram service (I've no idea) with their Workplace Parking Levy.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:29 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Have you tried the tube during rush hour? Smile There isn't the extra capacity, I think that's why they only dish out free bus passes. It might work in other parts of the country like Nottingham which apparently has an amazing tram service (I've no idea) with their Workplace Parking Levy.

Perhaps, but, London also has Crossrail coming online, at some point in the not too distant future, that will make quite a difference, plus crossrail 2 more than likely at some point. It's already happening in London, as ulez charging increases, as, does the size of the zone, more people will have to make the choice as to whether a personal vehicle is cost effective, or, whether public transport has become a more viable proposition.

Oh, and I have been on the tube in rush hour, wouldn't like to travel every day like that, but, then, some of the roads around there, not sure I'd like to ride on every day either.

I'm quite lucky, I work from home, almost permanently these days, I probably ride to the office, 2 - 3 times a year, that's all, so, my commuting days, are largely on hold, I say on hold, as I may change jobs at some point. However, there is an increasing number of people who are in a similar position to me, plus, more 'young' people are using public transport, rather than use their own transport. If, and it's a big if in the UK, public transport was entirely free, I sure private ownership numbers will fall through the floor.

I think, in that case, if you still want guaranteed use of a vehicle, then, I think shared/part ownership of a fleet of vehicles will be more commonplace.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:48 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK Crossrail is merely to keep up with population growth, I don't actually see ULEZ as the major issue, the main issue is how they keep deliberately trying to cause congestion by keeping traffic on main roads, making sure you can't turn left or right anywhere, and building rubbish cycling infrastructure that's underutilised except for two hours on a weekday during summer.

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:55 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
AFAIK Crossrail is merely to keep up with population growth, I don't actually see ULEZ as the major issue, the main issue is how they keep deliberately trying to cause congestion by keeping traffic on main roads, making sure you can't turn left or right anywhere, and building rubbish cycling infrastructure that's underutilised except for two hours on a weekday during summer.

Will be when from 2021 only 100% electric vehicles will be exempt from the charge, and then, from 2025, even 100% electric vehicles will no longer be exempt from having to pay.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:37 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't that the congestion charge? Pretty much everyone who has to drive (a private vehicle) in central London pays that now.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/105578/congestion-charge-exemption-to-end-for-electric-cars

ULEZ is just about discouraging older (mainly diesel) vehicles, even if they expand the zone my 2007 car with a polar bear nuking petrol engine* will still be ok.

*based on the amount of VED I pay Rolling Eyes

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:24 - 24 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
building rubbish cycling infrastructure

I saw this today:
https://i69.servimg.com/u/f69/15/13/82/47/cycle10.png
Bollards and whatever those little things are in a cycling lane with broken lines? Eh? They've made a perfectly safe bit of road hidesouly dangerous for everyone. They've stuck the bollards at junctions forcing cyclists into the 'crush zone' where you don't want to be Confused
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 65 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6