Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What was the last thing you bought?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 264, 265, 266 ... 459, 460, 461  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

FretGrinder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:29 - 15 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:
speakers for the metro

and a chrome exhaust tip Embarassed

I did do buy some cheap 10 quid speakers from Halfords for my Nissan today.

I feel really chavvy.

ಠ_ಠ

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:03 - 18 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a displayport cable to try the Freesync (Nvidia recently enabled it on Pascal/Turing cards) and it works! Shocked

Unless you're checking the real time frame rate, you can't even tell when the frame rate drops below the refresh rate of the monitor, + there is no screen tearing whatsoever.

I am genuinely impressed.

EDIT: It was not easy to buy a DP cable, as no one really used DP in ages, the shops around don't have them on stock. I had to order it.

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:56 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerbing heated gloves.

I don't get on with muffs, so seemed the next best option over heated grips.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 16:05 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

LustyLew wrote:

I don't get on with muff...

Checks out.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:21 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
I bought a displayport cable to try the Freesync (Nvidia recently enabled it on Pascal/Turing cards) and it works! Shocked

Unless you're checking the real time frame rate, you can't even tell when the frame rate drops below the refresh rate of the monitor, + there is no screen tearing whatsoever.

I am genuinely impressed.

EDIT: It was not easy to buy a DP cable, as no one really used DP in ages, the shops around don't have them on stock. I had to order it.

FFS, my old monitor which I loved but had to return had freesync, the replacement I ended up buying doesn't Crying or Very sad

P.S. what do people use now if not DP?

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:31 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
LustyLew wrote:

I don't get on with muff...

Checks out.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:32 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

FretGrinder wrote:
I did do buy some cheap 10 quid speakers from Halfords for my Nissan today.

I feel really chavvy.

Wish you had said.... Crying or Very sad

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:38 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I brought some new headlight bulbs for the pickup from halfords today and was very smug with myself. someone was getting 1 bulb fitted in the car park as I turned up so I parked next to them, went in, bought bulbs and had changed both my bulbs and pistakingly checked the oil level whilst the bonnet was up before halfrauds monkey had gotten the old bulb out of said car. Laughing I'm not sure if its retarded halfrauds monkey or one of those utter bastard of a bulbs to change but Im sure glad I've got mehanical ability and a shit old truck. Smile
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:06 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

A sack barrow. Screwfix's finest 300Kg cheap one (£40). Comes with a handle guard already broken to save you the bother. Wheels make strange clonkings as you wheel it along. Probably OK for DIY use, but strangely well-rated on their website. I dread to think what would happen if you put 300Kg on it, half that is probably more than enough.

Screwfix call it a "heavy duty hand truck". No, it's a sack barrow.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:46 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
FFS, my old monitor which I loved but had to return had freesync, the replacement I ended up buying doesn't Crying or Very sad

P.S. what do people use now if not DP?

People use HDMI a lot, some still use DVI on lower resolution screens (up to 1440p). There are crap loads of HDMI cables for sale, but not many DP cables.

AMD cards and Xbox One S/X do Freesync through HDMI. Nvidia won't even show the option unless you use displayport.

Anyway, as said. It works and it's surreal. Games are just a tad bit more enjoyable, when you don't get stuttering and screen tearing every time the card drops a few frames. Especially in fast paced games. DigitalFoundry made a review and I agree with every bit that was said in it.

This thing is real!

https://i.iinfo.cz/images/351/freesync-1.jpg

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:02 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
People use HDMI a lot, some still use DVI on lower resolution screens (up to 1440p). There are crap loads of HDMI cables for sale, but not many DP cables.

AMD cards and Xbox One S/X do Freesync through HDMI. Nvidia won't even show the option unless you use displayport.

Anyway, as said. It works and it's surreal. Games are just a tad bit more enjoyable, when you don't get stuttering and screen tearing every time the card drops a few frames. Especially in fast paced games. DigitalFoundry made a review and I agree with every bit that was said in it.

This thing is real!

https://i.iinfo.cz/images/351/freesync-1.jpg

A friend recently berated me as I was using DVI on my old 1080p monitor Embarassed I switched to HDMI to OC to 75hz and it looked a lot better.

I think higher refresh rates are over DP (I'm 144hz atm) and free/g-sync only really comes into play at lower refresh rates? I don't have an issue with tearing, I just want it cos it's available Smile

I knew about the One X but not the S supporting freesync, mines the launch model Crying or Very sad

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:24 - 23 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
A friend recently berated me as I was using DVI on my old 1080p monitor Embarassed I switched to HDMI to OC to 75hz and it looked a lot better.

I think higher refresh rates are over DP (I'm 144hz atm) and free/g-sync only really comes into play at lower refresh rates? I don't have an issue with tearing, I just want it cos it's available Smile

I knew about the One X but not the S supporting freesync, mines the launch model Crying or Very sad

I always used RGB, since the 90's. I only switched to DVI because I got a new gfx card with no analog output in 2016. Then I switched to HDMI 2.0, because I got a 4K monitor and DVI just would not run past 1600p, I could somehow get 2160p at 24hz, but that's ridiculous. From now on, I'm going to be using displayport, because of freesync.

PS2 mouse/keyboard died with new motherboard.

Back to the original topic. Screen tearing happens every single time the gfx card doesn't match the refresh rate of the monitor. Vsync can only limit the gfx card to match the refresh rate of the monitor or the half rate. Freesync works the other way around, meaning the monitor ''runs'' as fast as the gfx card lets it = you always match the refresh rate of the monitor (it's variable) = no tearing. My panel can do this between 40 and 60Hz, which is perfect for the 1070ti, that I used at the moment.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:41 - 24 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bicycle hybrid brake blocks, there was nothing left - they were down to the metal on the back

I had these just 3 months and only 750 miles
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005PVLSIM
and they were completely shot on the back wheel, had a different brand on the front wheel and the were just part worn and lasted longer

So stopped off at local bike shop and they supplied and fitted new ones front and back for £15.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:45 - 31 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karate kid 1, 2 & 3 Blueray boxset.

Been getting all nostalgic watching the excellent Cobra Kai on You tube red.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:12 - 31 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Cobra Kai on You tube red.

It looked awful from the trailers but then I was never into the films Shifty

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:56 - 31 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karate Kid part 1 got to me when I was 11 years old. Of course I thought it was awesome. I totally fancied Ally, the blonde
romantic interest from the film. I'd have given my teeth to have a bird like that at 11 years old. Proper 80's big hair totty.

https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/elisabeth-shue.jpg?quality=100&w=650&h=400

Still would BTW Laughing

Last edited by grr666 on 17:25 - 31 Jan 2019; edited 1 time in total

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:49 - 31 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Karate Kid part 1 got to me when I was 11 years old.

Yeah it was before my time, and not even The Chan could save the remake.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:23 - 31 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beales - free coffees, got vouchers
peanut flapjack

Craghoppers fleece top £12

closing down for refurbishment* sale

*closing down for good, or downsizing property and will reopen same location with less square footage I fear

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 17:37 - 31 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
grr666 wrote:
Karate Kid part 1 got to me when I was 11 years old.

Yeah it was before my time, and not even The Chan could save the remake.

That's because the remake was awful. Jaden Smith, worst actor ever.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:40 - 31 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:

Yep, as much as I like Will Smith his wife and kids are f'ing annoying Very Happy

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:05 - 31 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact microphones.

Been plunging them into crispy snow.

Happy.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DyQGUvHWoAA_qWg.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:12 - 31 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:

Haven't watched it and won't watch it. Not a fan of reboots generally especially when they are diversified for
the sake of it but the Cobra Kai thing uses original cast members, playing the same characters 30 odd years
after the big crane kick moment in the first film. It's amusing to me that it partially came about due to cameo
appearances From Ralph Macchio and William Zabka in How I Met Your Mother.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:08 - 31 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
especially when they are diversified for the sake of it

That never really occurred to me, I thought he got it due to his dad, like his daughter had that awful song... not gonna link it as it can't be unheard Brick Wall The Equalizer was originally played by whitey and then Denzel Washington in the film adaptation.

Then there was the whole James Bond thing which I think will happen, even though apparently Bond had a Scottish father and Swiss Mother.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 22:42 - 31 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
MarJay wrote:

Haven't watched it and won't watch it. Not a fan of reboots generally especially when they are diversified for
the sake of it but the Cobra Kai thing uses original cast members, playing the same characters 30 odd years
after the big crane kick moment in the first film. It's amusing to me that it partially came about due to cameo
appearances From Ralph Macchio and William Zabka in How I Met Your Mother.

It could have worked. It could have ridden on Jackie Chan's talent and screen presence, but Jaden Smith just sucked all the life out of it. Plus in the original Daniel San is nearly 16 and fights a touch form of Karate, despite being full contact.

Jaden Smith was something like 12 at the time, and fights a full contact Kung Fu tournament against Chinese monks who studied for their entire lives. Karate Kid doesn't make sense as a title, and even the Kung Fu kid is not technically right because the form of kick boxing they use is actually called Sanda or Sanshou or something. Bit of a nit pick I guess, but still true.

Jackie Chan is great in it, and it's worth watching once for his performance, but basically just fast forward all the bits with Jaden Smith and his girlfriend in it.

Put any other young Black or White or even Chinese actor in there, it could have worked. But no, Jaden Smith is a talent vacuum who is more suited to doing something more menial than being a movie star. I hear he has what is laughably called a music career now. If Will Smith wasn't famous and rich, he'd be a nobody.

The Denzel Equalizer is an amazing movie, and I won't have a word said against it.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:00 - 31 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not seen it, for this reason. The only film I thought he was ok in was the Speed train thing. Had it been Elba I probably would give it a go.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 57 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 264, 265, 266 ... 459, 460, 461  Next
Page 265 of 461