Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Hate that bike.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Travis Bickle This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:27 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT200Fan79 wrote:
Courier265 wrote:

Care to explain that comical statement? Rolling Eyes

For someone claiming to be a bike courier you seem to have very little knowledge of bikes...

I know enough.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:29 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

B0ndy wrote:
If we're talking about looks can the SRAD with it's ginormous ass get a mention

https://i.imgur.com/REMTWfX.png

https://cs6.pikabu.ru/images/big_size_comm/2015-07_3/1436767662172134647.png

Musketeer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:31 - 23 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my case the bike I hated the most I also very much loved.

Aprilia RS125 (2T)... so much fun to ride but at the same time so awfully impractical.
Travis Bickle This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

ART-ADS
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 10:54 - 23 Jan 2019    Post subject: Re: Hate that bike. Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
er6f and vt125 shadow

whats wrong with the vt125

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:49 - 23 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the misfortune to use one of these for a couple of days many years ago, and the memory remains with me to this day. Slow, ugly, devoid of any charm or character whatsoever. I'm not a fan of factory customs anyhow, but this was the pits...

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 12:03 - 23 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit 600/650 - there is nothing positive about these bikes other than parts availability and price. Dull slow, heavy with crap brakes and suspension. They are worse than their competitors in every single way.

GS500 - See above.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 13:25 - 23 Jan 2019    Post subject: Re: Hate that bike. Reply with quote

ART-ADS wrote:
thx1138 wrote:
er6f and vt125 shadow

whats wrong with the vt125

It's a heavy shit 125 with all the charm of a piss soaked flannel.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ART-ADS
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:32 - 23 Jan 2019    Post subject: Re: Hate that bike. Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
er6f and vt125 shadow

whats wrong with the vt125[/quote]

It's a heavy shit 125 with all the charm of a piss soaked flannel.[/quote]

eh side by side with any other 4 stroke 125 it looks the best especially with drag bars and 7 inch risers, and trimmed down a bit

Dr. DaveJPS
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:32 - 23 Jan 2019    Post subject: Re: Hate that bike. Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

As an ex owner the thing that really boiled my piss was the fact to get to the battery you had to remove a bolt that was behind the rear wheel! Evil or Very Mad

They have their place, yes heavy but fitted me better than a CG and was less desirable to scrotes than a Xlr.

ART-ADS
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 14:03 - 23 Jan 2019    Post subject: Re: Hate that bike. Reply with quote

Dr. DaveJPS wrote:
Paddy. wrote:

As an ex owner the thing that really boiled my piss was the fact to get to the battery you had to remove a bolt that was behind the rear wheel! Evil or Very Mad

They have their place, yes heavy but fitted me better than a CG and was less desirable to scrotes than a Xlr.

i own a 2003 one and the battery is accessible from under the seat?

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:11 - 23 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only bike I've ever truly *hated* was soley because of it's uncanny ability to shit itself and leave me pusing the bastard thing for miles. Annoyingly, when it ran, it was pretty good, as far as 125's go.

Dr. DaveJPS
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:24 - 23 Jan 2019    Post subject: Re: Hate that bike. Reply with quote

ART-ADS wrote:

i own a 2003 one and the battery is accessible from under the seat?

Yes, but to remove the seat on mine (2000 ish) there were 3 bolts, one at the front of the seat, one at the rear, and the last was hidden behind the wheel. Once I removed it I rode it like that for a year before the honda mechanic refitted it on a service

biker7
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 19:56 - 23 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
Bandit 600/650 - there is nothing positive about these bikes other than parts availability and price. Dull slow, heavy with crap brakes and suspension. They are worse than their competitors in every single way.

You might be on your own their mate! Millions of owners for many, many years would disagree - perhaps you know something they don't! My first big bike was a Bandit 650 and my second! Rode 15k miles on them. Great bikes. I've ridden faster and more desirable since but Bandits won't be down the bottom of many lists. Possibly Suzuki's most successful bike of all time. The 1250 was good too.

Moxey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:30 - 23 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:

I wouldn't say nothing positive, the engines are relatively simple to maintain and reliable (shite diaphragm fuelling system aside) but I'd agree the competition is mostly superior in ride and all round build quality.

I rate them above the 500 parallel twins of the era but probably bottom of the 600 naked/semi faired middleweights.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:46 - 23 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

biker7 wrote:
chris-red wrote:

You might be on your own their mate!

Going by how much hatred they get on here I very much doubt that Smile

Moxey wrote:
I rate them above the 500 parallel twins of the era but probably bottom of the 600 naked/semi faired middleweights.

I agree with that but worst in their class is hardly a compliment Razz

DJP
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 11:02 - 24 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Factory customs. Totally pointless: Look shit and perform worse.

A genuine Harley is an irrelevance in the UK. But a copy of an irrelevance...

Hateful piles of shite the lot of 'em.

chris-red

PostPosted: 11:52 - 24 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

biker7 wrote:
chris-red wrote:

You might be on your own their mate! Millions of owners for many, many years would disagree - perhaps you know something they don't! My first big bike was a Bandit 650 and my second! Rode 15k miles on them. Great bikes. I've ridden faster and more desirable since but Bandits won't be down the bottom of many lists. Possibly Suzuki's most successful bike of all time. The 1250 was good too.

I've ridden the 600/650 and 1250. All heavy and boring. I've also ridden the competitors, Triumph Speed Four, Honda Hornet, CBF600, Fazer 600/1000. Far superior bikes in everyway. The 600 bandit is 40kg heavier than the Speed four, hat is utterly insane. They rot like buggery too. The only thing going for them is the price.

Edit: they are everywhere because they are cheap and Suzuki did a lot fo 0% finance deals, not because they have any redeeming features.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:43 - 24 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
I've ridden the 600/650 and 1250. All heavy and boring. I've also ridden the competitors, Triumph Speed Four, Honda Hornet, CBF600, Fazer 600/1000. Far superior bikes in everyway. The 600 bandit is 40kg heavier than the Speed four, hat is utterly insane. They rot like buggery too. The only thing going for them is the price.

Edit: they are everywhere because they are cheap and Suzuki did a lot fo 0% finance deals, not because they have any redeeming features.

From memory the CBF and Bandit are the porkers on that list at ~220kg, with the Hornet and Speed Four coming in at ~200kg (wet). The Fazer is also on the heavy side iirc.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:51 - 24 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed 4 build quality is pretty exceptional though. What wa the price difference like?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:12 - 24 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Speed 4 build quality is pretty exceptional though. What wa the price difference like?

New or now? MCN says they were basically the same price as a Hornet. When I last looked Speed Fours were surprisingly cheap... I think everyone wants a triple Smile Old Hornets are cheap but the one I was after, the last 2 years of the old shape, seemed to command a premium Crying or Very sad

chris-red

PostPosted: 16:24 - 24 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
chris-red wrote:

From memory the CBF and Bandit are the porkers on that list at ~220kg, with the Hornet and Speed Four coming in at ~200kg (wet). The Fazer is also on the heavy side iirc.

I bought a Speed Four 9 months old in 2006 for £3k, First owner paid £3995. It is 170kg Dry. The Blandit was ~208KG dry, And was something like £4400 new.

Speed Four's had the same brakes and suspension as the Daytona, the only. Difference mechanically IIRC was the cams. I have a set of Cams to go in mine one day. Should be able to make 110-120bhp a remap, which can be done using free software.

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:59 - 24 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ljw"]
AdamEf wrote:
Hate is too strong a word, but the whole Bonneville range is slightly disturbing. I don't really mind a bit of retro styling, but all the affectations to look like what it's not just seem silly. The cooling fins, despite liquid cooling; the effort to look like a hard tail on the bobber range; no doubt there are more....

I'm fairly sure I read somewhere that they're not just for show, but also enable Triumph to fit smaller (and less obvious) radiators as some heat is shed from the fins. The radiator on my Street Twin is much smaller than my ER5's, despite having an engine nearly twice the size.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:30 - 24 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, every engine almost without exception that sits behind bodywork is ugly as sin. Have you looked under a car bonnet after all the plastic covers are removed?

There's nothing wrong with a nod to aesthetics.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 93 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11