Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 263, 264, 265 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:00 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
EU tax policy was written to let the Irish fiddle tax. How do you think the double Irish tax fiddle came about?

It's an American idea isn't it? The EU May have turned a blind eye when it looked like Ireland was thriving because of EU membership but now it's back to reality. Read the link.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:14 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried hard to screen out the media-hysterics and spin regarding the "renewing of vows" between France and Germany. It was vacuous symbolism, it was France saying please don't hurt us again, it was a step towards a European Army, Germany pitching for a shared permanent seat on the UN Security Council. Who really knows. But then I learned that the signing ceremony was,
Quote:
in the German border city of Aachen, the residence of Charlemagne, the “father of Europe” who managed to unite much of the western part of the continent in the ninth century.

It's a bit like going to Braunau am Inn. Wink
Somehow I doubt Charlemagne acquired such an enormous empire because everyone agreed the Four Freedoms of Movement were a good idea.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Frankish_Empire_481_to_814-en.svg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:35 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

American multinationals' idea to use a tax loophole which the Irish happily ignored. The EU criticised Ireland in 2014 and took Apple to court over it.

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:48 - 22 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just think Ireland has overplayed it's hand and will suffer consequences from both the UK and the EU.

Weirdly enough who really cares about Ireland. I don't and I'm related to half of them.

Suppose I could get an Irish passport and have my cake and eat it.

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:58 - 23 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

They're shitting bricks if we leave, because a lot of their imports come through the UK by road on HGV's with no seemingly working governor.

And little Leo had the cheek to threaten that UK planes wouldn't be able to fly over the Republic, seemingly forgetting about Irish planes flying over the UK and Irish lorries, using the UK as a quicker land bridge to Europe.

#Boycott_Irish

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:14 - 23 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

kawakid wrote:

#Boycott_Irish

I'm OK, got a load of potatoes and Guinness last week. 👍

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:07 - 23 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as we can send the Irish pikey travellers back I'm happy. Thumbs Up

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:20 - 23 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The EU has been trying to present a united front but it's now starting to break apart as they fear the EU is looking out for its own interests instead of everyones interests through a sort of collective bargaining arrangement. The UK can just run down the clock, wait for their alliance to fracture and then name its terms.

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 12:45 - 23 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
As long as we can send the Irish pikey travellers back I'm happy. Thumbs Up

We can already.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:13 - 23 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wetherspoon says the racist pub chain to take £40m Brexit hit Laughing Laughing Laughing

Not to worry they will make huge profit after Brexit selling wine banned by the EU...innit?

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:19 - 23 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say Brexit goodbye to Sony:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46968720

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:26 - 23 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
cdlxxvi wrote:

We can already.

How many have we deported so far?

As many as the UKBA cared enough about. As usual, nothing to do with EU membership.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:34 - 23 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Wetherspoon says the racist pub chain to take £40m Brexit hit?

Why do you bother posting incomplete and misleading stories?

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 16:16 - 23 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
cdlxxvi wrote:

As many as the UKBA cared enough about. As usual, nothing to do with EU membership.

And how many is that exactly, zero?

Sir, my only point is that UK can deport a EU national already if the UK Home Secretary chooses to. If the number of foreigners deported is not to your liking, the UKBA is the place you should complain to; you can try complaining in Brussels of course, but I'm afraid all you will hear is that the UK government is the responsible party.

cdlxxvi
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 16:21 - 23 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

Perfect time to remind of my charity drive:

cdlxxvi wrote:

For every company that announces that because of Brexit it's increasing its UK operation, I will donate £1 to Save the Children, up to an initial limit of £100.

Companies known so far: Absa
Total number known: 1
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 85 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 263, 264, 265 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 264 of 523