Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Hate that bike.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Travis Bickle This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:26 - 27 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travis Bickle wrote:

The more I think about it the more it's giving me the hump.

No, this is what's (still) giving you the hump (a little home truth which you rated as a 'flame'):

Bhud wrote:

To be absolutely honest with you, yeah, you're in line for an attitude readjustment.

You have just passed your mod 2 - a 30-minute road-ride at legal limits to show you're not a hazard on the road. You have no racing experience.

This means that an experienced rider on a 1970s CB350 could embarrass you even if you were riding a Kawa H2. Our roads are not straight American roads. Any fool can wind it open but we have REAL bends, gravel, grease, autumn leaves, oncoming traffic, etc. A little humility might be in order. Try a group ride or IAM. Could you hang with me on my boring old 600? Doubt it tbh. I studied and improved with a huge amount of effort, research and practice, and I'm still only just above average, probably, and that's because I keep it up in the winter.

Sorry but anyone can buy something, but in these days of GoPro etc. you can be asked to prove it if you're such a hotshot. Frankly I think a bit more humility is in order.

Since then, you saw fit to call me a nob for no reason at all (in the Bike Snobbery thread):

Travis Bickle wrote:

Can we all just chill the fuck out and all agree that Bhud is just a knob and leave it at that?

I let it all pass but I think I've had enough.

Now, I could just feel sorry for you and wait for you to grow up and get over it.
Or I could ruminate on whether you're a forum regular's sock, bored as usual, out for a wind-up.

Nah. Life's too short.

Welcome to my enemy list. Bye bye.

struan80
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:34 - 27 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no look what I started.

Harleys and my Shadow are shite on UK country roads so hence are surplus to requirements and fully justified so being hated in a 'bike you hate' post.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:36 - 27 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

struan80 wrote:
Oh no look what I started.

Harleys and my Shadow are shite on UK country roads so hence are surplus to requirements and fully justified so being hated in a 'bike you hate' post.

Of course. If we can't even express our hatred for random inanimate objects then that's more or less saying that people can't be trusted to express their opinions in case it upsets the group dynamic where there isn't even a group. You are all free to hate my bike. I can handle it! No need for any keyboard warrior to get vicariously butthurt on my behalf.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 22:40 - 27 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ridden a harley for a few days in the Florida Keys. It was meh. However it was definately more fun and characterful than a 600 diversion.

The Chinese made 110cc mini chopper with 18" ape-hangers I hired later on in the holiday was more fun than the Harley.

I really didn't like a BMW R1200GS. An utterly disconnected riding experience. Comfort and riding position like being perched on top of a high bar stool. Pretty much no feedback. I asked the owner if there was a light that comes on to tell you if it's crashed because I swear you'd still be sat in the saddle wondering why the scenery was going sideways.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:46 - 27 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
I've ridden a harley for a few days in the Florida Keys. It was meh. However it was definately more fun and characterful than a 600 diversion.

That's a fair appraisal, I think.
It would be no fun riding along a straight highway in the Florida sun on a stock 600 Diversion with not even a sort of mistimed V-twin thump keeping you occupied.

But then again most 600 Diversions have been or are being heavily modified now, as it's just as good a base for modification as a Harley, and makes an infinitely better pseudo-cafe racer.

Sometimes I even remove my baffle when I want to make a big sound. It annoys some people but makes things safer. But most of the time my tendency to use all the rev range does produce unintended annoyance all by itself, which is too bad because the only way to ride it in a fun way is by using the revs.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:12 - 27 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
I really didn't like a BMW R1200GS. An utterly disconnected riding experience. Comfort and riding position like being perched on top of a high bar stool. Pretty much no feedback. I asked the owner if there was a light that comes on to tell you if it's crashed because I swear you'd still be sat in the saddle wondering why the scenery was going sideways.

Mr Rida likes them Folded arms https://youtu.be/bpOR_HuHRNs?t=65
Travis Bickle This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:06 - 28 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

20-stone autism-suffering truck driver, in the top 1% of drivers in the UK, and itching for a scrap on behalf of butthurt Harley faggotry, trying out new gear-ratios on his YBR125...

So whose sock is it? Fucking weird one, too.

ART-ADS
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:40 - 28 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

the majority of this forum are broke old men, ATGATT people who seem to believe if it's not a sports bike its not worth having

hence the harley and bandit hate lmao

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 13:43 - 28 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

ART-ADS wrote:
the majority of this forum are broke old men, ATGATT people who seem to believe if it's not a sports bike its not worth having

Or perhaps the forum is full of people with enough biking experience to realise that handling and some level of power are worth having with a motorcycle? Anything less is just for posing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:01 - 28 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

ART-ADS wrote:

And some of them are whiney fuckers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 14:21 - 28 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
ART-ADS wrote:

And some of them are whiney fuckers.

Not as whiney as hardley riders.

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:41 - 28 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of whinging kids that know fuck all in here lately.

Oh wait, it's BCF....

Tdibs
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 14:54 - 28 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never ridden anything i've hated yet. Just thankful im able-bodied and get to ride.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:49 - 28 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tdibs wrote:
Never ridden anything i've hated yet. Just thankful im able-bodied and get to ride.

That's because you haven't ridden a harley or a blandit yet.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:30 - 28 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Tdibs wrote:

That's because you haven't ridden a harley or a blandit yet.

I hate Nobby's bike. I have absolutely no good reason to, but it keeps me occupied.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

biker7
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 18:49 - 28 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sense folk are running out of hate. Maybe it's time for a' My Dream Bike ' thread.

kgm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:32 - 28 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never really ridden any bad bikes but the only one I did t like was a 2000 gsxr750. Absolutely no guts below 7k made it boring to ride around town and on busier back roads. It felt unweildy at normal road speeds. It was only fun when caning it hard and really shifting. Solid handling at high speed and good top end but just not flexible enough for me. I like a hoon but not all the time. Probably a good track bike but much better options for the road IMO.

Kal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:51 - 29 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a love/hate relatiosnhip with my Superdream.

Will it start, will it accelerate, will it make it all the way there, will it turn into the corner (tbf the frame has been twisted since before I bought it I just never noticed), will it stop - all questions which made riding it any distance stressful as all hell.

And yet. Getting to where you were going was an acheivement, getting home again a celebration. It required a lot of rider input and no small amount of swearing. Which is probably why it is still in my garden.

However when I do sell it to someone short-sighted with nostalgia I will never have another one.

Blandest bike I have ever ridden on the road was an early 'Blade - it was effortless, required no effort at all.

1984 GB250 Clubman,1983 CB250N Superdream, 1999 GPZ500S

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:09 - 29 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took me about 250 yards to realise I really didn't like my RC24.

It felt fine when I sat on it stationary, as soon as I folded my knees under my ears and tried to suck in my beer belly to get it across the tank, I knew I was in trouble.

Shame really, I liked everything else about it (especially that V4 motor, it's a peach) but I just didn't fit on it.

I can't diss the bike totally, thousands of other owners would prove me wrong, I just should've bought mine 25 years earlier.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 59 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11