Dream bike?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:50 - 06 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

biker7 wrote:

I bought a new one in 2014. Good bike (mine was white) but no dream bike in my view - a bit slow for a dream sports bike! Fireblade... now we are starting to talk dream. Or an older R1 - they did a lovely one in gold and black. The triumph is light, I'll give you that.

I dunno about that, it depends on where you come from and your perspective. Saying a dream sports bike has to be 1000cc+ is a bit of a shallow sweeping statement.
Someone that owns a CBR125 might have had a Daytona 675 as a bedroom poster bike, and would love to step up to that bike one day.

Let's be honest it's one of the most stunning looking sports bikes in its original under seat exhaust model.

Some people will never want way more than they need, or something way beyond the realms of being attainable one day. An example might be saying "I'd love a new Golf GTI clubsport edition one day" instead of saying "I'd love a Lamborghini Adventador".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DJP
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:18 - 06 Feb 2019    Post subject: Re: Dream bike? Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
No. Mr. Green

Genuine answer. Biking has become more about where I go on the bike I've got (nowhere at the moment Sad ).

I'm a product of my experience. I have enjoyed many different bikes, a few of which were the top of the game at the time. Been there, done that. Something has disappeared from biking for me, but other things have taken their place, so I don't feel I've really lost anything.

Oh, if I was rolling in it I'd probably try this or that, just for the experience, but I can't think of anything that will do what I want to do these days better than what I've already got. I just don't get tired of it. If you gave me a few £100k now, I'd rather spend it going places on my current bike, and doing other things.

Or I might be tempted to go back to a few old favourites, but I'd worry that it would just spoil the memories.

The new bikes don't appeal to me. I think that's more down to who I am now than the bikes themselves. Shaped by life's experiences.

Nope, just give me the money to ride my current bike more, and I'd be Very Happy

That^^.

I like pretty much all bikes and it's about the riding, rather than what I'm riding, for me these days.

Plus I'm fortunate that I can afford pretty much any bike within the scope of this discussion so if there were something that I really desired, I'd already be on it.

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:26 - 06 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

ART-ADS wrote:

lane splitting

Despite your love of all things American and therefore shit, you don’t need to use shitty Yank jargon when you are A) not a Yank and B) don’t live there or use a forum with a mainly US membership. It just seems that you are LARP-ing being in Sons of Anarchy by using Americanisms and talking about chopper shit no here knows or cares about. Fuck me you probably live in a farmhouse in the Cotswolds or something.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:44 - 06 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dream bike?

Ducatti Monster... early one...

biker7
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 23:40 - 06 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:

Some people will never want way more than they need, or something way beyond the realms of being attainable one day. An example might be saying "I'd love a new Golf GTI clubsport edition one day" instead of saying "I'd love a Lamborghini Adventador".

But this thread is dream bike, lottery win, thread (read op). It amazes me some have chosen a bike worth about £4k. C'mon guys, live a little - think like a rich guy for a few moments! Wink

ART-ADS
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 23:43 - 06 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

GT200Fan79 wrote:
ART-ADS wrote:

lane splitting

Despite your love of all things American and therefore shit, you don’t need to use shitty Yank jargon when you are A) not a Yank and B) don’t live there or use a forum with a mainly US membership. It just seems that you are LARP-ing being in Sons of Anarchy by using Americanisms and talking about chopper shit no here knows or cares about. Fuck me you probably live in a farmhouse in the Cotswolds or something.

who shoved a rod up your arse?

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:18 - 07 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

ART-ADS wrote:

who shoved a rod up your arse?

He has issues..... Shocked

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:35 - 08 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

This beauty:
https://mcn-images.bauersecure.com/upload/274954/images/02ktm-rc8r.jpg

In that colour scheme.

K5 GSXR, 954 blade, 5PW R1, something toury with any leftover change.

F0ulOli
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 01:43 - 10 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think the older you get, the more that you see bikes and the depreciation that comes with those high ticket prices.

Yes, I'd buy some bikes if I got £££££ - but I'd not buy exclusivity, I'd buy a bike for every mood.
so that's ...

A cleaner SV650s modded like my current one
An ex Police R1200RT for long trips in any weather
and a nice zzr1400 for long sunny trips away from speed cameras!
oh - and a big single like an XT660 because ..!

At the end of the day, bikes are about riding

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:18 - 10 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just paid for my current dream bike..

Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor. Thumbs Up Looks like I can't collect it until March though

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:40 - 10 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a single or the new twin? And what sort of price bracket are they in?

It's lost trying to explain to biker 7 (Mr 1000cc or over), but one of my current dream bikes is under 500cc and is around £7-8000 depending on the exact spec. Its a dream bike as it's totally unnecessary and impractical, so it couldn't be an only bike for people that need to go places or for anyone who wants a mile muncher with long service intervals.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:15 - 10 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Courier265 wrote:
Dream bike?

Ducatti Monster... early one...

I have said bike - a 93 model, and everybody who has had any interaction with it thinks it’s shocking. Well, everybody but one - me!
Just take care if you ever get to meet your heros is what I’m saying!

linuxyeti
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:26 - 10 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:

It's lost trying to explain to biker 7 (Mr 1000cc or over), but one of my current dream bikes is under 500cc and is around £7-8000 depending on the exact spec. Its a dream bike as it's totally unnecessary and impractical, so it couldn't be an only bike for people that need to go places or for anyone who wants a mile muncher with long service intervals.

it's a twin, i've gone for the red/black tank, so, £5699.00 on the road

https://www.royalenfield.com/content/dam/re-platform-images/interceptor/Colour-bike-studio-shots/ravishingRed/10.png

Just ordered the pannier brackets & soft luggage from India

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:09 - 10 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

F0ulOli wrote:
I'd buy a bike for every mood.

There is one I'd like.
A tuned RG500 engine in a Spondon or other custom chassis: that'd be the insanity mood taken care of Twisted Evil
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:19 - 10 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

linuxyeti wrote:
stevo as b4 wrote:

it's a twin, i've gone for the red/black tank, so, £5699.00 on the road

https://www.royalenfield.com/content/dam/re-platform-images/interceptor/Colour-bike-studio-shots/ravishingRed/10.png

Just ordered the pannier brackets & soft luggage from India

That is nice. Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 69 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3