Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 287, 288, 289 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:41 - 11 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

You had to ruin my alternative songs lyrics didn't you Crying or Very sad

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:09 - 11 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val = Valkyrie.

I think it will all end with some DUP appeasing shitarse deal being pushed through at the last minute, and May will tell us it's raining gold whilst the EU piss on us.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:54 - 11 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
In part 2 of the BBC series on Europe they go into detail about how close the Euro came to collapsing: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0002fgg/inside-europe-ten-years-of-turmoil-series-1-2-going-for-broke

Part 1 mainly about Brexit is pretty much what you'd expect, although it might be worth watching for Val who doesn't think anyone cared about the EU before 2015.

Part 3 tonight, the migrant crisis.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:38 - 11 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
M.C wrote:
In part 2 of the BBC series on Europe they go into detail about how close the Euro came to collapsing: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0002fgg/inside-europe-ten-years-of-turmoil-series-1-2-going-for-broke

Part 1 mainly about Brexit is pretty much what you'd expect, although it might be worth watching for Val who doesn't think anyone cared about the EU before 2015.

Part 3 tonight, the migrant crisis.

I wonder what the angle will be Thinking I watched a Ross Kemp thing recently, where he was interviewing individual women and children, then did his final piece to camera in front of an army of migrant men Shocked
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:32 - 11 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tv guide I use says this about tonight's episode:

Quote:
Investigating how Europe's leaders fought over the migration crisis that reached its peak in the summer of 2015, as the geopolitical series ends. The decision to keep Germany's borders open by chancellor Angela Merkel, Europe's most powerful leader, tests the fundamental principles of the EU to the limit. Top leaders reveal some of the biggest clashes the European Council has ever witnessed. As Europe is split over whether to share the burden of migrants or toughen up borders, a controversial deal with Turkey - aided by shutting down borders to keep migrants out of Europe - brings the crisis out of control. But the damage is grave.

Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:55 - 11 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the problem the US has on the Mexican border, seems like a no-brainer to me. I can't understand why so many people these days think illegal immigration is perfectly ok. "Oh, cos humanitarian!" Rolling Eyes

Tbh, I don't really care. It'll be the next generation's problem to deal with what they're letting themselves in for, and I don't have kids Razz

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:17 - 11 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
With the problem the US has on the Mexican border, seems like a no-brainer to me. I can't understand why so many people these days think illegal immigration is perfectly ok. "Oh, cos humanitarian!" Rolling Eyes

I don't think it is, anyone with a brain can see how mass immigration ends up, so they either don't care because they're not destroying their local community, or they want the degradation and ultimate destruction of their country.
chickenstrip wrote:
Tbh, I don't really care. It'll be the next generation's problem to deal with what they're letting themselves in for, and I don't have kids Razz

I don't either but from the POV that the US like the UK are already doomed, right now it's damage limitation at best, although politicians don't seem interested in that either.

I'd love to know if there's an angle we aren't seeing, something like Itchys paying for the baby boomers theory, as the amount of countries repeating the same mistake can't be a coincidence. Rant over Smile

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:11 - 12 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
Can't be that good if an idiot like you got in there, TBH.

I could have grown up to be a wife beater I suppose?

No. Actually, I was brought up better than that.

Not what Emma says.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:45 - 12 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
With the problem the US has on the Mexican border, seems like a no-brainer to me.

Two thirds of all "illegal" immigrants enter the US legally, they simply don't bother to leave when their visas/work permits end.
Of course clamping down on the majority of illegals would mean the end of a lot of cheap, unaccountable, labour.

The border agencies could stop handing out thousands of work permits, everyday, at the border crossing points. It would be twice as effective as building a wall and cost a lot less, but who's going to mow the lawns and clean the rooms and toilets at the orange turd's country clubs and golf courses then?

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:38 - 12 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

I don't either but from the POV that the US like the UK are already doomed, right now it's damage limitation at best, although politicians don't seem interested in that either.

I'd love to know if there's an angle we aren't seeing, something like Itchys paying for the baby boomers theory, as the amount of countries repeating the same mistake can't be a coincidence. Rant over Smile

Baby boomers are the most selfish and least patriotic generation in human history. They are the complete opposite of the pensioner generation that came before them, so its a good theory. The boomer left wanted to "rub the right's nose in diversity".

chickenstrip wrote:

Not so funny when their daughter gets raped though.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:33 - 12 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
The tv guide I use says this about tonight's episode:

Quote:
Investigating how Europe's leaders fought over the migration crisis that reached its peak in the summer of 2015, as the geopolitical series ends. The decision to keep Germany's borders open by chancellor Angela Merkel, Europe's most powerful leader, tests the fundamental principles of the EU to the limit. Top leaders reveal some of the biggest clashes the European Council has ever witnessed. As Europe is split over whether to share the burden of migrants or toughen up borders, a controversial deal with Turkey - aided by shutting down borders to keep migrants out of Europe - brings the crisis out of control. But the damage is grave.

That's got to be pretty much all of them that are heading our way then, yeah? Liar

Tip. Of. Iceberg.

They simply think we are stupid and won't realise this.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:58 - 12 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
M.C wrote:

Baby boomers are the most selfish and least patriotic generation in human history. They are the complete opposite of the pensioner generation that came before them, so its a good theory. The boomer left wanted to "rub the right's nose in diversity".

I agree with that, they had it a lot better than their parents, and made sure things were a lot worse for their children.

Itchy has some interesting theories although I'd need to see the data to back that particular one up.

mpd72 CPT wrote:
If it reached it's peak in 2015, why are both of our border force boats still in the Med, offering free taxi rides, even though Javid has called them back to patrol the Channel over a month ago?

Fake news?

I believe numbers are down from the peak, as the EU have been pouring money into Libya etc., but they're still high and UK asylum applications are as high as they were in 2015. But still we're told we take a lot less than other EU countries and should be thankful Folded arms

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:36 - 12 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/B2C0/production/_105606754_0eea4ef5-76c1-4125-91db-4c2742f7b416.jpg

It reminded me of that photo showing a black guy with a confederate flag and a white person with a BLM placard for some reason Thinking

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:07 - 12 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
At which point, people would just walk across anyway because there's no wall.

Because, despite the faux outrage being whipped up, for the pitchfork wielding rabble, the pitchfork wielding rabble are more than happy to exploit the, unaccountable, cheap labour.
If the orange turd and his ilk stopped paying them there'd be no point in them turning up in the first place!

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:21 - 12 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
M.C wrote:

I agree with that, they had it a lot better than their parents, and made sure things were a lot worse for their children.

You often hear this trotted out by Snowflake lefties who expect everything handed to them on a plate.
What facts is it based upon? Cheaper housing? Better pensions?

How did this generation make sure things are a lot worse for their children? I'm born to parents who were born in the late '40's, so that makes me the generation after.

As far as I can see, it's my generation who fucked up this country with out of control immigration, causing untold crime increases, over priced housing and increased pressure on public services. Back in the days of the baby boomers we didn't have the same level of immigration or multiculturalism.

They did have some pretty serious recessions, frequent crippling strikes, 3 day weeks and mental interest rates, so I'm not quite sure why you paint this rosy picture for them growing up.
It just seems the millennial generation born from the 90's onwards, seem to think everything should be gifted to them and if they study a useless degree, they'll be on six figure salaries, not fleeing to China to wriggle out of paying off student debts.

You live with a cheap existence as a full time earner still with your mum, how much private pension do you put away each month? I think you said you have savings, but not everyone is as sensible.
It amazes me how much money some people waste nowadays then plead poverty. People using food banks with new leased cars, smartphones, Sky TV and designer clothes. It seems the media celebrity, capitalist obsessed society we've generated needs bling more than food.
I live very cheaply if and when I need to, but I always live within my means or with borrowing I can afford to pay off.

I feel like we've done this 100 times but whatever Smile My parents were also born in the late 40s but they were quite old when I came along, maybe there was a generation in between (to blame Wink) but Blair was a baby boomer and his policies are a big part of the problem.

A lot of my parents generation left school with no qualifications, went onto have successful working lives, bought houses even though they worked shit jobs on shit wages. The ones that did do well had access to grammar schools, free university education when it actually meant something. They didn't grow up with the same level of crime/violence, they weren't priced off the roads.

I'm not basing this off a fantasy, I'm basing this on what they've told me. If looking at what the previous generation achieved and basing your expectations on that is entitlement then yeah I'm entitled. It's amusing how you get annoyed at people who don't see your issues (immigration/Islam) yet feel fine dismissing the issues of others.

mpd72 CPT wrote:
M.C wrote:
https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/B2C0/production/_105606754_0eea4ef5-76c1-4125-91db-4c2742f7b416.jpg

It reminded me of that photo showing a black guy with a confederate flag and a white person with a BLM placard for some reason Thinking

Interesting that the photo if clicked on, links to a BBC page about conspiracy theories, considering that photo looks about as genuine as an "Iranian" asylum seekers story.

Look at black guys hand, the poster looks Photoshopped to it. Mind you, as we all know, "Why you can trust the BBC" at the bottom of every page, means it can't be faked. Wink

I linked it for context, the getty images logo suggests it's bona fide although it doesn't seem to be a widely used image Thinking Why the BBC would choose that one... I can guess but I'm not sure Smile

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:32 - 12 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walls are racist Crying or Very sad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 47 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 287, 288, 289 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 288 of 523