Youngish newbie old member new ... or something

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

Based on this first post ...
Fallout is clearly a git
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Fallout has irrecoverably embarrassed himself.
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
If I could punch one person in the face, it'd be this guy.
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
I love Fallout more than Haribo (and I don't hate Haribo)
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

Fallout
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 22:36 - 13 Feb 2019    Post subject: Youngish newbie old member new ... or something Reply with quote

Evening! New forum member here ... kind of! Mr. Green

Decided I would sign up to a bike forum to get some old skool internet babbling going on. I missed forums basically. Guess what? Some cheeky swine had stolen my email address and used it on here to further their own bike related escapades! Evil or Very Mad So with great satisfaction I reset the password and logged in, only to find out actually it was me ... apparently in 2008 the cheeky young scamp that I was signed up for some much needed sage wisdom, and then then just disappeared into the internet void. Reading the crap I'd put in my signature was like looking the unjaded, not beaten down by life, bum-fluff adorned version of myself in the mirror, full of expectation and hope, totally oblivious to the crushing agony of the decade laid out before him. What a total git. Mr. Green

Anyway, I'm Simon. I have, unsurprisingly, been riding since about 2008. I have a BMW S1000R on finance which is like a solid lump of depleted uranium around my neck chaining me to a life of crushing poverty, a tatty old GSXR 750 which burns 100ml of oil every 100 miles but strangely not when been caned to death on the track, and a DRZ 400 for pottering about the lanes at 3 mph while fantasising I am Graham Jarvis. For a living I make computer games, and when I'm not at work, fettling bikes, or trying to figure out how I will ever actually afford the deposit for a mortgage, I write dance music and build random stuff out of wood ... like furniture. It's really bad.

This seems like a pretty cool place and you people in the threads seem like the biker types I have enjoyed chatting with and meeting over the years, so looking forward to just a whole load of pointless babbling with you all. Very Happy Thanks for having me! Dance!

Edit: Oh and I realise I'm not a new rider, but this seemed to be the only forum people were posting hellos in. Hope that's cool! Smile

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:01 - 14 Feb 2019    Post subject: Re: Youngish newbie old member new ... or something Reply with quote

Good evening (or rather, good night).

Fallout wrote:
For a living I make computer games,

Fallout wrote:
when I'm not at work, fettling bikes

Fallout wrote:
build random stuff out of wood ... like furniture

3 awesome things I totally get! Interests in common for real!

Fallout wrote:
trying to figure out how I will ever actually afford the deposit for a mortgage

And one rather big one that I really don't get at all.

Pretty amazing though that an interest in bikes can bring so many diverse people together on an internet forum.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 02:28 - 14 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Computer games where you have to fettle enough motorcycles from wood so you can buy a house with security doors that stop people dancing in and punching you in the face?

Welcome back, the bad news is we still haven't got wipers on visors. Rain

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:23 - 14 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know you but I'd like to punch you in the face.

Fallout
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 15:04 - 14 Feb 2019    Post subject: Re: Youngish newbie old member new ... or something Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:

3 awesome things I totally get! Interests in common for real!

Pretty amazing though that an interest in bikes can bring so many diverse people together on an internet forum.

Totally agree buddy! Seems like the same attitude that convinces is it’s a good idea to get on 2 wheeled death machines in the pissing rain and call it fun encourages us to have a bash at random hobbies other people might pass up. That’s my hypothesis anyway. So are you a game maker and a wood hacker too?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:10 - 14 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why no Gary option?

Fallout
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 15:10 - 14 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Computer games where you have to fettle enough motorcycles from wood so you can buy a house with security doors that stop people dancing in and punching you in the face?

Welcome back, the bad news is we still haven't got wipers on visors. Rain

You’ve basically hit upon the next Angry Birds phenominon right there. As for no wipers on visors, I’ve definitely seen a vid of a home grown helmet wiper system. I think the weight basically snapped the guys neck clean in two but for a moment there ultimate enlightenment had been achieved.

Fallout
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 15:11 - 14 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
I don't know you but I'd like to punch you in the face.

Honestly you’d be doing me a favour and giving my cosmetic surgeon a head start.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:42 - 14 Feb 2019    Post subject: Re: Youngish newbie old member new ... or something Reply with quote

Fallout wrote:
So are you a game maker and a wood hacker too?

Nah, I occasionally make little things for my own amusement in PureData and Processing, and sometimes enjoy putting something together from bits of leftover wood at home. I couldn't make a lute or anything like that LOL. No training in it. But a few shelves, a cabinet or two, a desk, etc. and it keeps me out of trouble.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:38 - 14 Feb 2019    Post subject: Re: Youngish newbie old member new ... or something Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
it keeps me out of trouble.

People rate keeping out of trouble too highly.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fallout
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 21:32 - 14 Feb 2019    Post subject: Re: Youngish newbie old member new ... or something Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
Fallout wrote:
So are you a game maker and a wood hacker too?

Nah, I occasionally make little things for my own amusement in PureData and Processing, and sometimes enjoy putting something together from bits of leftover wood at home. I couldn't make a lute or anything like that LOL. No training in it. But a few shelves, a cabinet or two, a desk, etc. and it keeps me out of trouble.

Exactly the same here mate. I made a TV stand and a coffee table out of old scaffold boards. Embarrassing standard for a professional, but my friends who know I am a total rookie give me the thumbs up (might put their fingers down their throats to induce vomiting when they leave though). Recently made an uplighter out of some old poles and scaffold board and B&Q value desk lamps. Turned out pretty good! I'm happy to accept lower quality stuff to make something bespoke and be self sufficient. Same attitude when servicing my vehicles. Mr. Green
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 63 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1