Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Want to believe

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
View previous topic : View next topic  

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:44 - 14 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no scientific explanation of the Phoenix Lights event?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJbqppPR1go

Still no scientific explanation of the O'hare incident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nntr4rB6F4M

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:54 - 14 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJbqppPR1go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nntr4rB6F4M

Yup, no proof of them being aliens either.

Let's agree not to jump to conclusions?

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:03 - 14 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did i say aliens, lets not jump to conclusions eh!

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:04 - 14 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy wrote:
Where did i say aliens, lets not jump to conclusions eh!

There we go, progress.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:38 - 14 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy wrote:

A combination of military aircraft activity, atmospheric events (like mirages) and mass hysteria.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:29 - 14 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

A combination of military aircraft activity, atmospheric events (like mirages) and mass hysteria.

Sorry Jimbo, that don't cut it.

Too many independent witnesses

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:31 - 14 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

He's much more likely to be right than if he thought they were aliens though.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:48 - 14 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Independent witnesses who didn't know what they were seeing so they just went, "Aliens!"
What about the guy with the high powered telescope who said, "Planes"? (Phoenix Lights).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:32 - 14 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look up the definition of 'alien' it means unfamiliar, not known, unheard of, foreign. If that's what people jumped to the conclusion of, then they are 100% correct. Entertain me and give me your explanation of something you cannot explain? would you also use the term? How do you describe both O'hare and Phoenix cases? It appears no one can even to this day.

There is a documentary about the Phoenix lights incident, it might clear the view for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ_TUJD3Wbw

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:27 - 14 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy wrote:
Look up the definition of 'alien'

I use that term meaning life from afar because it's within context of this thread, which is all about the outer space type of alien.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:31 - 14 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy wrote:
Entertain me and give me your explanation of something you cannot explain? would you also use the term? How do you describe both O'hare and Phoenix cases? It appears no one can even to this day.

But why make the jump that they could be aliens? Why not an act of god? Why not something we just dont understand, but wholly natural and of this earth? Why not man made?

Not having a decent understanding or explanation of the events, does not mean they are anything but mysterious occurrences. They could well have been nothing at all, magicians make you see things that are not real, nature can too.

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:37 - 14 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
Hetzer wrote:
Which is fine, until you start abusing and mocking anyone who's a couple of levels beyond you. Wink

Just show me the proof, I'm open to new ways of thinking, I really am.

I'm into science, I really am. I even own a few microscopes. I just need some proof.

You may think you're all smart as hell for your matrix construct ideas, but no youre not, I had those thoughts some 40 years ago. You have just seen the film and tried to expand.

I am very aware that our understanding of science changes, but you have to prove it, for it to be accepted.

Law of probability, good enough for me (sometimes also described as common sense). Smile

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:00 - 14 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hetzer wrote:
Law of probability, good enough for me (sometimes also described as common sense). Smile

Of course, I also adopt probability when making my mind up.
Probability doesn't point to your theories being a reality though, quite the opposite.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:25 - 14 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy wrote:
Look up the definition of 'alien' it means unfamiliar, not known, unheard of, foreign. If that's what people jumped to the conclusion of, then they are 100% correct. Entertain me and give me your explanation of something you cannot explain? would you also use the term? How do you describe both O'hare and Phoenix cases? It appears no one can even to this day.

There is a documentary about the Phoenix lights incident, it might clear the view for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ_TUJD3Wbw

Nice dodge with the "alien" thing but then you posted a video which immediately claims this unexplained event is evidence that "we are not alone."

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:11 - 15 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Nice dodge with the "alien" thing but then you posted a video which immediately claims this unexplained event is evidence that "we are not alone."

I never made the alien claim, the events were alien or unfamiliar. The videos are witness statements from the many people who saw these unfamiliar events. Like from many other links i post, i never said little green men.

And for Pjay, why say blame an 'act of god', that's as bad as you saying I believe in aliens.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:07 - 15 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy wrote:
And for Pjay, why say blame an 'act of god', that's as bad as you saying I believe in aliens.

We at least agree on that.

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:46 - 02 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting video about the Nimitz Encounter.

Now the US government has lifted the lid a little to allow reporting of such events, lets hope we can learn more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRgoisHRmUE

Hetzer
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:57 - 02 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy wrote:
Interesting video about the Nimitz Encounter.

Now the US government has lifted the lid a little to allow reporting of such events, lets hope we can learn more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRgoisHRmUE

Can't really argue with something like that regarding authenticity, never mind the fact the likelihood of it being human technology is next to zero.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:18 - 02 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting documentary, thanx Thumbs Up

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:30 - 02 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. Duff radar, atmospheric anomalies, specs of dust/water on a lens, a pinch of Chinese Whispers. I wouldn't conclude that they were the vehicles of extra-terrestrials or the Inner Earth People.

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:28 - 03 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Interesting. Duff radar, atmospheric anomalies, specs of dust/water on a lens, a pinch of Chinese Whispers. I wouldn't conclude that they were the vehicles of extra-terrestrials or the Inner Earth People.

I am not suggesting little green men, but interesting nonetheless. I like the fact that there is an admission by the US that there are things flying around that they cannot identify. I don't think they would submit to this admission if it were indeed a black ops or a terrestrial creation.

As I am on a roll today, here is another interesting video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_PoBqbHJ2c

and another video related to the Nimitz encounter from the mouth of the pilot who chased the 'tic-tac'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUyGnFFilP0

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:05 - 03 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy wrote:

I like the fact that there is an admission by the US that there are things flying around that they cannot identify. I don't think they would submit to this admission if it were indeed a black ops or a terrestrial creation.

Is that the same US government that is playing the people?

I cannot believe that anyone has pointed out that PJay is obviously one of the men in black suits and Islander must be one of 'them' as he has access to Jodrell Bank. Laughing

Pass the popcorn

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:48 - 04 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whistle Pass the popcorn

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:33 - 29 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just started watching Brain Cox's "The Planets" and a thought struck (oh no, not again...)

The chemical composition of the Earth, as in what's common on the surface, doesn't relate brilliantly to organic life. Water plays the most significant role and I think it would be fair to argue that if you don't have liquid water on a planet you're not going to see complex life develop.

After water the most significant element is carbon which, while relatively common in the universe at large (4th most abundant element according to wikipedia) only the 15th most abundant element in the Earth's crust. Everything else you need: nitrogen, potassium, calcium, etc. there's plenty about for the trace amounts needed for life.

I would hypothesise there's a fairly rigid template for organic life, i.e. carbon-based, water dependant, that we, on this planet, have been lucky enough to enjoy despite not actually having idea conditions. (Maybe "ideal" conditions might have life appear just a bit sooner, to be fair.)

Once you start down the organic life route I think there's a inevitability that a "general purpose" lifeform will appear. Looking at our planet there's us, crows, rats and cockroaches (you could argue to add more or less to the list but you get the gist) the former two using brains to deal with problems and the latter two using shear numbers. (Although rats are obviously pretty smart!) While there are more successful animals my examples live pretty much everywhere - you're not going to see a horseshoe crab going through the bins of your local McDonalds!

So if we do bump into alien life I think the striking thing will be how similar they'll be rather than how different.

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:50 - 29 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:
Just started watching Brain Cox's "The Planets" and a thought struck (oh no, not again...)

The chemical composition of the Earth, as in what's common on the surface, doesn't relate brilliantly to organic life. Water plays the most significant role and I think it would be fair to argue that if you don't have liquid water on a planet you're not going to see complex life develop.

After water the most significant element is carbon which, while relatively common in the universe at large (4th most abundant element according to wikipedia) only the 15th most abundant element in the Earth's crust. Everything else you need: nitrogen, potassium, calcium, etc. there's plenty about for the trace amounts needed for life.

I would hypothesise there's a fairly rigid template for organic life, i.e. carbon-based, water dependant, that we, on this planet, have been lucky enough to enjoy despite not actually having idea conditions. (Maybe "ideal" conditions might have life appear just a bit sooner, to be fair.)

Once you start down the organic life route I think there's a inevitability that a "general purpose" lifeform will appear. Looking at our planet there's us, crows, rats and cockroaches (you could argue to add more or less to the list but you get the gist) the former two using brains to deal with problems and the latter two using shear numbers. (Although rats are obviously pretty smart!) While there are more successful animals my examples live pretty much everywhere - you're not going to see a horseshoe crab going through the bins of your local McDonalds!

So if we do bump into alien life I think the striking thing will be how similar they'll be rather than how different.

Well put Sir Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 274 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12