Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

VPN blocked by Paypal

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:05 - 01 Feb 2019    Post subject: VPN blocked by Paypal Reply with quote

I was informed that my VPN will not use Paypal for subscription.

Something about vpn non-compliance with paypal's rules.

I posted this in the Storage thread in error.

(I've only been using the Internet since 1995. Embarassed )

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:03 - 01 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

You pay for a VPN?

But yes, buying stuff through PayPal means the service conforms to their purchase platform, clearly dodgy so doesn't comply.

Who even uses VPNs now. Neutral
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:33 - 01 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
You pay for a VPN?

But yes, buying stuff through PayPal means the service conforms to their purchase platform, clearly dodgy so doesn't comply.

Who even uses VPNs now. Neutral

What's the alternative?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:48 - 01 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

To a VPN, no VPN.

Maybe I do things less illegal these days... but I still don't VPN anywhere. I lie, the last time I used a VPN was to buy credit on a Turkish Xbox store because the game was £9 rather than £59 Laughing but that was a totally free VPN fired through a Pi.

I'll rephrase.... why pay for a VPN?

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:59 - 01 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where I work 'normal' access to various sites is blocked. Access from ISPs in KSA, Kazakhstan & etc. Private ISP and through 'the work's ISP.

A VPN provides free access.

I Pay for a VPN because any of the 'free' VPNs I tried simply do not work well or were blocked (or I didn't really trust much more than a stranger's touch) from where I was accessing the net. Shocked

I access t' Internet from home in UK too but not through a VPN.
The ISP I pay doesn't block much.

I am sure that ISPs figure that they are being accessed from virtual IPs I just do not understand enough about the magic of t' Internet to say how they can tell or what they can do to block VPNs.
I did think that they could throttle the speed down or some other jigery pokery.

I also know some cnuts are making a coin from the hole of t' Internet and not actually peddling the pump with everyone else. But C'est la vie.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:54 - 01 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once read every single word of PayPals terms and conditions, this was years ago, so not up to date.

Basically said to traders, we can do what we want and screw you, if we decide for any reason at all, we can close your account and keep your money for 6 months, no debate no appeals.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:08 - 01 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
I Pay for a VPN because any of the 'free' VPNs I tried simply do not work well or were blocked (or I didn't really trust much more than a stranger's touch) from where I was accessing the net. Shocked

Hotspot Shield (free) used to work well, I used it for years but they recently introduced a data limit, and worse than that I didn't even have it running and lost my internet connection, then realised the program was blocking my internet cos I had hit their limit Evil or Very Mad

I've not looked for a replacement as I tend to torrent stuff* and ignore the naughty boy emails Smile

*or use Kodi

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:17 - 01 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used Kodi briefly, it was a ball ache and I gave up. I was very, very late to the party using it only when it was officially released on the Xbox one.

I wonder if Microsoft were conducting some sort of social experiment with it when they put it on the xbox one?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:26 - 01 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of plugins didn't work on the Xbox for some reason, I use it on my PC but did use it on my Fire TV stick before. Plugins were a bit all over the place for a while but there's a new version of Exodus (the old one was brilliant) which seems good.

However I've gone back to using Popcorn Time to steal stuff as the downloads are quick and I can take films round to a mates house etc..

Also no VPN needed for any of it Thumbs Up

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 10:03 - 02 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Where I work 'normal' access to various sites is blocked. Access from ISPs in KSA, Kazakhstan & etc. Private ISP and through 'the work's ISP.

Surely they are blocked for a reason? Unaware of your job etc, but browser extensions and or Tor/Ultrasurf will bypass everything. Heck, there are hundreds of ways round most things now. I do mainly web filtering for a living so... I like to find holes Laughing

Staron3
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 10:13 - 16 Feb 2019    Post subject: VPN Reply with quote

Free VPN is not reliable, you'd better go for paid VPN.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:01 - 16 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was expecting but see no spam Neutral
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 42 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1