Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Recently passed mod2 - no bike, no storage

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  
Travis Bickle This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Calumh96
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 14:34 - 26 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

return wrote:
No letting agent involved. Just the landlord.

TBH, they're quite reasonable - my rent is below market rate on the condition that I maintain the back garden to a standard that requires regular gardening (at least in the summer). For this reason, they don't want a ground anchor anywhere.

Not only did I ask, but I said they could choose a professional company to install it.

I work for a housing association myself and have come across a few like this. Typically permanent fixtures are not allowed without permissions hence no cement. However we have allowed people to have bars for bike locks drilled into the brickwork and this can be removed and filled.
May be an option worth exploring.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:01 - 28 Feb 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

large planter fill that with concerete but a ground anchor in that and lock bike to that
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:29 - 02 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It takes me an age tog et into my bike i the morning , six locks including the disc-lock and the almax chain. Everytime i curse the extra cost just owning the bike makes for me to keep it safe.

I think Stinkwheels idea is a good one. In fact make two concrete filled planters and get an almax and thread it through both planters with the bike in between them.

The enemny of theives is (not nevesarily in this order), Time, Light, Noise, Hassle.

Would Your landlord let you get a shed? that massivly improvesyour chances of slowing the buggers down.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 27 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2