BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Wont rev past 6k and brown oil

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ayrton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:52 - 06 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I didnt see that page of the manual, at least i'm not going to snap it again now.
The cylinder does look a little more polished in person but its not super shiny. Theres no bits in it and I think those droplets are just some water/ oil mix that splashed inside while I was trying to pull the cylinder off.

I've got all new gaskets and stuff turning up soon. Guess I just need to try it out and see if it's still any good.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

bikenut
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:01 - 09 Mar 2019    Post subject: bike Reply with quote

And make sure all threaded holes etc, in alloy are clean all the way down to the bottom, with no chance of any sealer getting in there.

Ayrton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:19 - 11 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

So i've had the day off to put this back together now i've got a torque wrench that goes low enough.
What do you guys think of this scoring on the piston? Couldnt see it with it in the engine before.
https://imgur.com/a/yEYyn4J

Also now the head and everything is on the camchain sprocket doesnt turn along with the engine. I guess the chain has come off on the bottom sprocket or I havnt put the tensioner guide rail back in right. Only way to really see that is removing the alternator rotor, but I dont think I have the tools for that right now.

Ayrton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:04 - 22 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so I bought the right tools to remove the flywheel and found the chain has slipped off. Carefully put everything back together and it seems to run pretty good now. Smoked a little on startup, but that went away after a minuite and it revs nicely all the way up. Still need to give it a run around when it's not so dark to test it properly.

Thanks for all the help everybody Thumbs Up

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:26 - 22 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ayrton wrote:
Ok so I bought the right tools to remove the flywheel and found the chain has slipped off. Carefully put everything back together and it seems to run pretty good now. Smoked a little on startup, but that went away after a minuite and it revs nicely all the way up. Still need to give it a run around when it's not so dark to test it properly.

Thanks for all the help everybody Thumbs Up

Good luck. Didn't see these last couple of posts before, may have done a Mark Allread. I'd keep an eye on the oil level, often at first, in case it's using moe than normal.

Ayrton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:49 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks will do. I think the plan is to ride it a bit and then drain the oil anyway to get rid of some of the old oil I noticed was still lurking about inside.
Will have to start updating my show & tell thread too Laughing

Ayrton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:45 - 05 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so bit of an update. I finally got everything back together and went for a quick test ride and go about as far as I did before until the bike started sputtering and when I stopped it stalled just like before, so I guess it has the same problem. Pushing it home wasnt nice.
I'm at a loss on what could be causing it this time, I definetly tightened everything to spec. Only thing i didnt do was use some sealant for the cylinder head like some of you guys suggested.

I'm thinking i'll just get a new engine or maybe just a bike with a mot and sell this one. I've got my theory in a few weeks and just want something to ride around on for a little bit of practice before I do my full test.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:05 - 06 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Good decisions come from experience. But Experience comes from bad decisions. This is life So, Never regret. Learn from mistakes and go ahead.

A fascinating thread and I wish you the best of luck with the next engine/bike.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 12 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2