Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Red nose day 2019

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:38 - 07 Mar 2019    Post subject: Red nose day 2019 Reply with quote

That time of the year again Dance!
Everyone supporting it?

I've decided not to, what that MP said about us being racist and Africa don't need no help from whitey pissed me right off.

Just this lunchtime walked round town in the pissing rain and several homeless people makes me wonder where our priorities should be.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kerr
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:17 - 07 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pfft a bunch of extremely wealthy celebs telling the working class to give money, just to go towards a bunch of even wealthier ceo's, no ta.

Christ i get more cynical the older i get Sad

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:27 - 07 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

kerr wrote:
Pfft a bunch of extremely wealthy celebs telling the working class to give money, just to go towards a bunch of even wealthier ceo's, no ta.

Christ i get more cynical the older i get Sad

Absolutely.

I'd rather go down the pub and piss it up against the wall than donate to those cvnts.

And I'm supporting a local business while doing it. Cool

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:11 - 07 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just us Colonials showing how superior we are to the 3rd world. If we left them alone perhaps hey might have an industrial revolution and get on their own feet rather than living on hand outs with expectations far exceeding those that are attainable. Yes they should have loads of deaths and perhaps they might start digging their own sewers, water pipes and health care.

Fuck all has changed since the big Live Aid concerts of the 80's. Except Geldoff got richer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

GSTEEL32
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 09:08 - 09 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't bring myself to watch any of that luvvie sh1t anymore. If some famous no mark, worth untold millions, without a single proper job on their CV, tells me what to do with my hard earned, they can Feck off.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:48 - 09 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boils my p*ss all of the media begging shows. As if we actually like it!
Celebrities doing whatever on TV for a charity and yet being paid handsomely to do so. If they truly believed in the charity then they'd do it for free. (rant mode activated) The sally army? Bastards. They do a bit of work yeah and rely massively on volunteers and yet employ area managers etc on bloody good wages. Again, if they believed in the cause then they'd at least do the managerial job for a lower wage than they currently get (over £30k last time I looked). Same goes with national charity shops staffed by volunteers and area managed by well paid Prada wearing drains on the charitable funds.
Doesn't Oxfam have enough money put away to survive for 30 years at their current spending levels? That's should they never collect a donation again, they'd survive for 30 years..
Back to red noses. Just how much does it cost to organise, pay for advertising, pay for home fund raising kits, pay for broadcasting the thing (radio and TV), staff wages etc? Surely that'd be far more than the actual monies raised from the event?? Just pay the money direct, don't pay people to organise and present and show us Blue Planet instead I say.

I could go on but promise this is my last say: I was at Quickfit yesterday. They have charity donation boxes on their counters. It has their branding on it but they want you to pay a donation. Yeah - they hand the money over, claim the glory and will no doubt offset it somehow against some tax somewhere. Same goes for McDonalds and their charity boxes.
Can you tell that charities p*ss me off??

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:11 - 09 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If they truly believed in the charity then they'd do it for free.

That's what the trustees do. Wink

In the financial year ending July 2017, Comic Relief had an income of just £104,718,000 so everyone needs to be extra generous with their donations this year.

Here are some nice details of how much was staff get paid.

https://i.imgur.com/xJaM5Dk.png

Sauce for all of the above.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:12 - 09 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like that, don't look into what Bonio's 'charity' does. You'll hate him and Saint Geldof even more Laughing

J4mes
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:21 - 09 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSTEEL32 wrote:
I can't bring myself to watch any of that luvvie sh1t anymore. If some famous no mark, worth untold millions, without a single proper job on their CV, tells me what to do with my hard earned, they can Feck off.

It's so cringeworthy it makes me feel queasy. And the celebrity sketches are outright terrible. Sure I feel bad for sick kids but ultimately the whole fucking continent needs to sort itself out.

Although it probably won't get the chance now that China is involved.

GSTEEL32
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 23:12 - 10 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

J4mes wrote:
China is involved.

Their "business model" in places like Africa and Sri Lanka tells you all you need to know about whether these countries truly are willing to help themselves, rather than have their assets stripped, with cash replaced by western aid .....

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:33 - 11 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSTEEL32 wrote:
J4mes wrote:
China is involved.

Their "business model" in places like Africa and Sri Lanka tells you all you need to know about whether these countries truly are willing to help themselves, rather than have their assets stripped, with cash replaced by western aid .....

Oh god and now I feel kinda guilty..
I once supplied a heap of images related to opencast mining to a 'charitible' trust that linked Africa and its resources to potential investors. The images went into a big trade catalogue which described Africas wealth of natural resources - minerals, timber etc.
At the time I was fine with it because helping a poor country do something but now it looks bad!
How the past can haunt you..

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:36 - 11 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if the celebs did it for "free", it's still a profitable activity for them as it gives them lots of free publicity, opportunities for instagram photos in Africa, a chance to get hired again if their career is tanking...

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:13 - 11 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

This ^^

There's no substitute these days for going up Mount Kilimanjaro and talking about the colour of your shit or something on a celeb diary.

Even after the 'staff remunerations' How much of the money raised goes on food and how much goes on buying someone a shiny new machine gun?

And finally, that MP tells us that giving money is rasis.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:56 - 12 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I could like pay ten quid, and watch all the comedy specials, without the constant interruptions to remind me why we are raising money, I might give.

I did once text money to one of those pro-celeb football match fundraisers, but then the sodding charity phoned me up about six times afterwards, which really annoyed me.

I usually donate to the Salvation Army when they come door knocking, but refreshingly they collect cash, they don't ask for my direct debit details.
Johnnythefox This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:11 - 12 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used to give a monthly amount to the WWF. But then they kept cold calling me, asking for more.
I'm sure that statistically for them it earns them money.

Just where does this £14billion a year in aid go ? To Blair? I can understand if there's a famine/crisis then it's needed, but the money is ring fenced and goes out anyway.

Last edited by bhinso on 16:19 - 12 Mar 2019; edited 2 times in total

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:11 - 12 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnythefox wrote:
I don't donate to people of colour.

Surprised Pale

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:16 - 12 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Used to give a monthly amount to the WWF. But then they kept cold calling me, asking for me.

Do you get a subscription to their wrestling channel for that monthly amount

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:47 - 13 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpsmith79 wrote:
bhinso wrote:
Used to give a monthly amount to the WWF. But then they kept cold calling me, asking for me.

Do you get a subscription to their wrestling channel for that monthly amount

It did make me laugh when the WWF (wrestling) took the WWF (Animals) to court and lost.

Hello WWE. Laughing

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:23 - 14 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ffs it's tomorrow Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

For some reason I thought it was over and done with last week.

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:25 - 17 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 million pounds less in donations and 600,000 fewer viewers than last time.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:33 - 17 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my god!
Could you offer a suggestion why?

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 20:39 - 17 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Oh my god!
Could you offer a suggestion why?

Yes, that nice black Labour MP David Lammy says we should stop being 'White Saviours'

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:02 - 18 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly.

In a way I get what he's saying, but then again he's on a decent wage/pension and not starving. His comments will have put some people off donating.

Hope he can sleep OK Thumbs Up

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:50 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this awful stuff going on in Zimbabwe, Mozambique, etc. on the news from the natural disaster.

All I can think about when I hear it is Mr Lammy MP and his stupid shitarse comments. Bet he still gets voted back in too Evil or Very Mad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 4 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2