Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 448, 449, 450 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Travis Bickle This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Travis Bickle This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:30 - 13 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

got to sainsburys at 7:50pm, both hot food and deli sections closed, supposed to be open till 8PM.... FARKERS!!

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:15 - 14 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early 20's city wankers, strutting round thinking they're the next Reggie Kray.

No sunshine, you're a middle-class pretty boy from Surrey with a 2.2 degree from a third rate Uni, renting an over priced room in a shitty flat-share in (the so 'up and coming' that it's come and gone part of) East London!

Have some class, boys!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:20 - 14 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locum doctors.

Being lectured today about my weight (6'2" and 16 stone) by a midget asian who was nearly spherical.

My usual doctor has been massively helpful in getting my weight and blood pressure down. Not at all critical and always positive.

This locum has left me feeling like I want to kill.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:04 - 14 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:
Locum doctors.

Being lectured today about my weight (6'2" and 16 stone) by a midget asian who was nearly spherical.

My usual doctor has been massively helpful in getting my weight and blood pressure down. Not at all critical and always positive.

Ahh people with Space Hopper complex. They know you're fine and doing better than they are - they're frustrated and venting at you!
'If you're taking the piss, I don't think you're very funny' usually scares them into apologising.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:24 - 14 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisty wrote:
Locum doctors.

Last time I was 16 stone I thonk I was 16 years old, went up to 30 stone, but the nearly dead thing took 10-12 stone off.

16 stone is nothing to worry about really.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:18 - 14 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travis Bickle wrote:
Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies.

That's why I HPI.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

McHattrick
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 08:15 - 15 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travis Bickle wrote:

...and it's a bolt-off / bolt-on job.

i hope so...

Wife took my Freelander to Landy dealer for service.. asked them to look at passenger door, which wouldn't open from keyfob (it went clunk, but would open from inside so seemed to be sticking).
They charged extra £350!! B'stds.
Claimed they had to strip right down and change parts.
I think they saw a woman come through the door and took the P. Probably squirt with WD fixed it.

FretGrinder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:52 - 15 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travis Bickle wrote:
mpd72 CPT wrote:
So they’ve bought a 3.5k car for 6.5k by the sound of it and it’s in pretty much the same state as it was when it was salvaged.

I think i’d have rather put the damage through insurance than felt obliged to buy a write off for the same as a full price car.

I presume their third party insurance would cover their car rolling into an insurance write off which was probably not insured, so shouldn’t have even been on the road when it was hit, even briefly? Mmmm..

I think OP has had a lucky result here.

Sorry whose sock did you say you were again?

Full of shit today aren't we.

Do Currys buy in TVs and then sell them to the general pubic for the same price as what they paid for them? Or do they sell them to make a profit?

That car is actually slightly under-priced at £6,500 to take into account its cat N status. At that price it's the cheapest one like it on Auto Trader and eBay. What I paid for it is irrelevant, if there's a profit in it for me that's my prerogative. I had the inclination and invested money, time and effort into the project. It's only right that I should make a profit from it. And that profit comes from purchasing the vehicle for MUCH LESS than simply the market value minus the cost of the repairs. Not from mugging someone right off and selling it above its market value. So no, it's not a £3,500 car. It's a £6,500 to £7,000 car currently with about £400 worth of damage to it WHICH THEY CAUSED.

When I bought the car it had been scraped all up one side from front to back. Ripped the rear bumper off, cracked the rear light cluster, damaged the rear wing, both doors and front wing. Also the lower suspension arm and track rod were bent which has all been repaired. Total expenses including parts, labour, train fare to collect the car in the first place, lunch and refreshments that day, a bit of diesel put in the tank, insurance (yes, insurance!), mechanical repairs, valet, V5C document replacement fee, stamp, eBay listing, my own HPI check... EVERYTHING came to a shade over £1,500

The only damage the car has now is to both doors. Get both doors in the same colour and it's a bolt-off / bolt-on job. Doors should be about £150 a piece and an hour labour max. Should be able to be put right again for comfortably under £400. But that's down to them, not me.

I took her out for a test drive in it anyway and she really loved it anyway. I said obviously it's got to be paid for but no pressure as to how they want to go about it. I gave them the option of going through their insurance, paying for the repairs themselves or just buying the car as-is. Looks like they're buying it as-is but will find out for sure on Saturday. I've also said I'm happy to help get the repairs done (at their expense) as I can get trade prices. So my conscience is clean mate. This wasn't some elaborate set-up in order to con them into buying a car they don't want. I haven't forced them into anything, and it's not MY fault that THEIR car rolled into MINE.

And yes, it was insured, taxed and MOT'd at the time it was on the road and their car rolled into it, and it still is, as I've taken it out of storage and have been using it privately for the past few days since one of my cabs' engine blew up on Saturday night so I got temp insurance until the end of the month as that's when I collect a new addition to the fleet. Bummer is, if it does sell on Saturday I literally have no transport until the end of the month (other than 6 motorcycles or a 21-seater coach).

There's a difference between making a profit and taking the piss.

Just another example of doing what someone can get away with, without a care in the world about whether it's right or wrong.

ಠ_ಠ

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:02 - 15 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol sounds like an addition to the MPD feud list.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:47 - 15 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earlstown Market.......... last year when I went it was brilliant, loads of stalls and loads of variety. Went today and the was almost nothing. Waste of petrol going there.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:38 - 15 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Women and cars AGAIN

Wifie coming in from running - 'I've had a bit of a bump, but don't worry, I'm fine'. While trying not to say hows the car I asked what happened? Seems she reversed into another car, no don't know what car but she cracked the bumper of it, that's all.

THAT'S FUCKING ALL Evil or Very Mad

Stupid bitch. I just hope it's not too serious as we have multicar so that's my NC fucked as well if it's too expensive to pay cash. Will find out tomorrow when other person (another female) can get hubby to look at it.

AND

Youngest daughter has got a slow puncture on MY Twingo. Can I look at it? Me 'Um, it's dark out there so no I can't. Bring it round Sunday day time, here's a compressor to keep it pumped up.'

'Oh, I'm going riding Sunday, how about tomorrow?'

No, tomorrow I am either going to spend the day in the pub or on the boat, both with copious amounts of alcohol watching the rugby and forgetting about women.

Bring it round Sunday day time

Arrrrrrgh
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 15 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 448, 449, 450 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 449 of 698