Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic : View next topic  

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:49 - 12 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turn the lights off on your way out.

Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:49 - 12 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motorhate wrote:
I love it when sports bike owners get all wound up and call cruiser riders gay or when they give their opinion on how cruisers handle without ever ... you know ... ridden one before.

I have both owned and ridden both, amongst other types. Currently have a sports tourer and a cruiser. Cruisers handle like shit.

Talkig of shitters, I really don't care if you take it up the shitter or not, that's your business.

Motorhate
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:17 - 13 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
I have both owned and ridden both, amongst other types. Currently have a sports tourer and a cruiser. Cruisers handle like shit.

Talkig of shitters, I really don't care if you take it up the shitter or not, that's your business.

Oooh give us a kiss, honky tonks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

SDFarsight
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 23:14 - 14 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from one friend, the few cruiser riders I see are either old men going with the 'rocker' look or female riders who like the low seat hight.

I think it's a generational change; it's not that millenials don't like cruisers per se, but they're less significant than what they used to be in terms of how much they're shown in the media and what a 'biker' is.

[edited for clarity]
There's the rise of anime where your bike is either sporty, naked or a sporty flying pseudo-bike. Of course I'm not literally saying that anime is solely responsible for killing cruisers or that people buy a bike just because of Akria, maybe they don't even like anime, but it is one example of how cruisers no longer hold the monopoly in the media.

As for cruisers, they're more in live-action with Sons of Anarchy, and in the MCU Wolverine rides a Harley-Davidson Hydra Glide. Note that I'm not including films like The Wild One as that's exactly the point- they're from a different generation.

Akira (the good guys ride sports bikes, the bad guys ride cruisers. Although Akira's bike is arguably a sci-fi cruiser with its more layed-back style.)
Xam'd Lost Memories
RWBY
Ghost in the Shell Arise
Ajin
Captain Earth (not to be confused with Captain Planet)
Motorcycle Legend
Bakuon!
Oban Star Racers
Zankyou no Terror
Durarara!!

https://media.giphy.com/media/wyRbRuLF7N51C/giphy.gif

Last edited by SDFarsight on 14:30 - 15 Mar 2019; edited 14 times in total

EazyDuz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:49 - 14 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDFarsight wrote:
Apart from one friend, the few cruiser riders I see are either old men going with the 'rocker' look or female riders who like the low seat hight.

I think it's a generational change; it's not that millenials don't like cruisers per se, but they're less significant than what they used to be on terms of how much they're shown in the media and what a 'biker' is.

There's the rise of anime where your bike is either sporty, naked or a sporty flying pseudo-bike. I'm not seriously saying that anime is solely responsible for killing cruisers, but it is an example of how cruisers no longer hold the monopoly on 'cool guy with a bike'.

Akira (the good guys ride sports bikes, the bad guys ride cruisers. Although Akira's bike is arguably a sci-fi cruiser with its more layed-back style.)
Xam'd Lost Memories
RWBY
Ghost in the Shell Arise
Ajin
Oban Star Racers (warning: contains eurobeat)
Motorcycle Legend
Bakuon!
Zankyou no Terror
Durarara!!
Lots of shows nodding to Akira

My brain switches off as soon as I read 'anime'

SDFarsight
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 00:15 - 15 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

EazyDuz wrote:

My brain switches off as soon as I read 'anime'

Then bask in the majestic glory that is Yammie Noob's Honda CB600F, affectionately known as the Hentai Hornet. Razz

https://i.redd.it/65x40mvbat521.png

Last edited by SDFarsight on 13:19 - 15 Mar 2019; edited 1 time in total

ART-ADS
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 10:46 - 15 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDFarsight wrote:

There's the rise of anime where your bike is either sporty, naked or a sporty flying pseudo-bike. I'm not seriously saying that anime is solely responsible for killing cruisers, but it is an example of how cruisers no longer hold the monopoly on 'cool guy with a bike'.

Xam'd Lost Memories
RWBY
Ghost in the Shell Arise
Ajin
Oban Star Racers (warning: contains eurobeat)
Motorcycle Legend
Bakuon!
Zankyou no Terror
Durarara!!

https://media.giphy.com/media/wyRbRuLF7N51C/giphy.gif

this it the most gay post i've seen on this site

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:09 - 15 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, we need 'gay' as an explanation in the drop down box when giving karma.

SDFarsight
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 11:44 - 15 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

ART-ADS wrote:

this it the most gay post i've seen on this site

Akira and Ghost in the Shell were heavily copied by The Matrix which features a Ducati 998, so I can only assume that you think the Matrix and/or Ducatis are gay..

talkToTheHat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:43 - 15 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm late to the party as usual. But I don't think the XV535/Virago was that bad a bike. Yes mine was a moneypit, but age/mileage related.

Ok, it was targeted at riders getting their first non-learner bike. It's right at the top end of the modern A2 spec at 46bhp (38 at rear wheel) 190kg (ish) wet depending on spec. That's managably light, adequately powerful and shaft drive which is convenient.

Personally I liked the retroness of the styling, it wasn't as stupid as a harley and the riding position was more classic bike mid pegs than full-forwards. I've ridden a guzzi or two that felt similar.

And it had the whole feeling fast, scraping the occaisonal peg without doing jailtime speeds things going on. I enjoyed it.

Ok, i'm a LOT more comfortable on bikes where i'm leaning forwards a bit so bumps aren't so spine-jarring. And modern rising rate suspention and sensible front fork geometry is kind of nice. I'm not saying my 535 was the best bike ever, far from it, but I really enjoyed riding it.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:36 - 17 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I like the laid back nature of cruisers: yes, I might filter some traffic occasionally... when I can be bothered but there's no problem just chillin' an listening to the engine an looking cool... I ain't tearing it up like some scooter boi!

That's what I tell myself anyway Rolling Eyes

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:27 - 17 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

You can't call people gay here, thas rassis

SDFarsight
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 03:47 - 17 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

WD Forte wrote:
bhinso wrote:

You can't call people gay here, thas rassis

There actually is a 'gay' option on the positive karma button since we're all very inclusive here at BCF; bhinso just had difficulty finding it as you're not allowed to rate your own posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 14 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5