Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Film review thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 166, 167, 168 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:07 - 06 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inb4 moon landing hoax conspiracy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:59 - 06 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:

Spoiler Alert!!?!?!

Yea but a few episodes ago he got stuck in some sorta space metal, didn't he, or was he frozen , something or other, I remember being dyspeptic about that as well. But he escaped and was rescued eventually

(or was that Mr Spock?)

Shifty Thinking

... and what about Gandalf. He's always buggering off disastrously, only to return at a later date, fitter and wiser than ever.

Han Solo has always been my favourite, he does a nice line in insolence and awkwardness.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:09 - 07 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curvature.

sci-fi, allegedly

I rate it arse gravy. Boring. Thumbs Down gave up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 10:29 - 07 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

Han Solo has always been my favourite, he does a nice line in insolence and awkwardness.

Nope. He's not a Jedi, is not force sensitive and is dead-dead. I don't think he'll be coming back. Especially as Ford wanted him to die as early as Empire Strikes Back.

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 14:41 - 07 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aquaman - 7/10

First up, this was complete cheese on toast, from start to finish. That being said, I wasn't expecting it to be some unreal story and deep character development... it's fucking Aquaman Laughing

Overall though, what a visual treat... the world was amazing and the underwater aspect of it all was something I've not seen before, at least not in a modern way.

Nicole Kidman is fit.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:04 - 07 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

... and what about Gandalf. He's always buggering

Tut Tut you can't get away with that kind of homophobic stereotyping these days, I heard he's more of a catcher.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:09 - 07 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mortal Engines 5/10

OK to watch once. Good special effects. Futuristic Steampunky, cities on wheels fighting each other.
Bit of Brit bashing Thumbs Up

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:18 - 10 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mud. 9/10

Very good. Strong performances all round.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:04 - 10 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saving Mr Banks
10/10

I reckon Mary Poppins was one of the first films I remember seeing as a kid, so the whole Walt Disney 1960s thing for me was great, I remember him being alive, I was almost as heartbroken when he died as I was when Enid Blyton died.

I had trouble seeing Tom Hanks as anything other than Tom Hanks, but if anyone could do Disney justice, I suppose it must be him.
Emma Thomson is the perfect frosty Englishwoman these days, and a surprise cameo by Wub Ruth Wilson Wub made it just so much the better.

I cried at least 4 times from sheer joy (mostly during the songs)
Fucking loved it.

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:12 - 10 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flight 8/10

My interest was piqued by the trailer, so I bought it when it turned up in the supermarket bargain basement.

Denzel Washington is a highly experienced pilot, who also happens to be a steaming alcoholic and coke addict.

Sits in the captain's chair of his airliner off his tits, then performs some miraculous flying to save almost everyone on board, but not actually stopping the plane from crashing.

Is hailed a hero until the NTSB see the tox report, then it all goes Pete Tong.

Gets a bit preachy in the last 5 minutes and it's not exactly a brain taxing watch, but I find it entertaining enough to revisit regularly.

Nice cameo from John Goodman as the lead character's dealer. Thumbs Up

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 11:53 - 11 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:
Flight 8/10

My interest was piqued by the trailer, so I bought it when it turned up in the supermarket bargain basement.

Denzel Washington is a highly experienced pilot, who also happens to be a steaming alcoholic and coke addict.

Sits in the captain's chair of his airliner off his tits, then performs some miraculous flying to save almost everyone on board, but not actually stopping the plane from crashing.

Is hailed a hero until the NTSB see the tox report, then it all goes Pete Tong.

Gets a bit preachy in the last 5 minutes and it's not exactly a brain taxing watch, but I find it entertaining enough to revisit regularly.

Nice cameo from John Goodman as the lead character's dealer. Thumbs Up

I liked it, but I felt like it didn't have a good payoff at the end...

CBFcarl
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 12:20 - 11 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:
Nicole Kidman is fit.

Watch Destroyer, and tell me if you feel the same.....
(I thought that she looked like a meth-head Tom Cruise in it)

hellkat wrote:
Saving Mr Banks
10/10

I cried at least 4 times from sheer joy (mostly during the songs)
Fucking loved it.

There is a documentary somewhere (I think it might be called "The Boys") about the two brothers who wrote the majority of the songs for Disney, including Mary Poppins (I think they are included in SMB) - it is a great watch.

This weekend, I watched Overlord

American soldiers sent to take out a communications tower just befre Dunkirk end up discovering a secret Nazi laboratory. Well worth a watch - a bit cheesy in places, but brilliant cheese. Solid 8/10, bordering on 9 for pure entertainment value.

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 15:27 - 11 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Mortal Engines 5/10

OK to watch once. Good special effects. Futuristic Steampunky, cities on wheels fighting each other.
Bit of Brit bashing Thumbs Up

Mortal Engines - 7/10

Most Hollywood blockbusters are regurgitated shite these days and this was a truly unique film. Cities on wheels eating other cities? Aircraft like Star Wars? A fucking terminator with green eyes?

Love films like this where they imagine all these crazy things which have not been seen before, instead of just rinse and repeat formula.

For what it was, it was a good film.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:03 - 11 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inland Empire. David Lynch and completely impenetrable. I like an arty movie more than most and even went to art school but god Inland Empire was awful. Made even worse that Lynch filmed it using digital video (back in 2006) and not very cutting edge equipment even then. He has admitted hes not sure that was a good idea and thinks proper film would have been better. Even so the movie is so abstract and confusing that however it was filmed it was still three hours of nonsense, literally nonsense. There are die-hard Lynch fans who spend their whole lives deciphering the whole thing but even then much of what they come up with is speculative at best. It fails on almost every level i can imagine a piece of cinema can do. The only are it manages to succeed is in that it does have a discernible story arc, it begins, stuff happens and then it ends. Thats it.

1/10. And the 1 is just some figment of a dream had by a one armed lesbian goat herder who may or may not exist only in a small window of time some time in the future or past.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:52 - 12 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to unwind at the weekend so went back to an old favourite
Starship Troopers 8/10

Starting to look a bit dated now, but for some reason I just love it. All the ridiculous gore, the drill sergeants response to "It's a nuke war. Why are we bothering when our enemy will just push a button?"
lol pwned.

drkbishop
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:25 - 12 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Just wanted to unwind at the weekend so went back to an old favourite
Starship Troopers 8/10

Starting to look a bit dated now, but for some reason I just love it. All the ridiculous gore, the drill sergeants response to "It's a nuke war. Why are we bothering when our enemy will just push a button?"
lol pwned.

Medic!! Laughing

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 17:53 - 12 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

Starting to look a bit dated now

The bugs etc looked cheap and dated when it was first released!
Put me off the whole film a bit - it was only reading the book that I really enjoyed it; albeit accepting some of the long ranty political bits.

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 03:26 - 15 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vice - 7.5/10

Thought this was going to be a political boring slugger... it wasn't. The same director as The Big Short, about the global financial crisis, similar style and quite enjoyable.

Christian Bale is one hell of a guy how he has gotten his body in to various shapes and sizes over the years. You almost don't believe it's him and he's wearing fat suits / prosthetic makeup but it's him and he slammed on serious weight for this.

Didn't really know a whole lot about him to be fair, the name, the fact he was the vice president was about as far as I knew. If anything is to be believed, he basically wore Bush like a hand puppet.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:18 - 15 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who in turn wore St. Blair like a hand puppet.

After my Starship Troopers weekend success I watched all four sequels.
Just. Don't. Bother.
They're all diabolical, and the last two are like anime or something Sad

drkbishop
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 11:41 - 15 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Who in turn wore St. Blair like a hand puppet.

After my Starship Troopers weekend success I watched all four sequels.
Just. Don't. Bother.
They're all diabolical, and the last two are like anime or something Sad

I watched about 10 mins of the second one, and turnt off.

The original Robocop is one of my favourite films, sequels are shit too!

Fin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:32 - 16 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched 'Hereditary' last week, think it came out 2018, I'd give it 9/10 really enjoyed it throughout and it flew by, I thought the ending was particularly good.

Today I watched 'A Quiet Place - 2018' and would give it 2/10

A real bore to watch and it had bloody stupid alien creatures in it. The best part of the whole film was when a woman's waters broke and it just dripped between her legs.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:28 - 17 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stan & Ollie 10/10

Great! Totally convincing portrayals by Steve Coogan and John C Reilly. A touching, poignant story about their later years, challenged by ill-health, money worries and old resentments.

Comedy turns are done well including a few "real life" incidents that are slap-stick funny.

Their warring wives are good too.

Cockle-warming Smile

Bound be nominated for various awards including make up and prosthetics, deservedly so.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:59 - 17 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holmes & Watson - 1/10

Well, this must be the worst film that the otherwise excellent comedy duo Ferrell and Reilly have ever done. I don't know what audience was this one made for. At times it felt like a film for children 10 and below, but then there were all the ''adult'' jokes, that children just wouldn't even comprehend.

What a waste of an idea and cast. Definitely felt like one of those ''feck, I signed the contract'' films, where the actors have no choice but just do their job, regardless of how crap the film is going to be.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:37 - 17 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bohemian Rhapsody. 6/10

Watched it on the little screen on the back of the seat in front on a recent flight out to Bangkok so probably didn't
see it at its cinematic best. Story was alright but I feel it glossed over some stuff. Just deducted a mark for how wooden the
Roger Taylor actors drumming looked during the musical bits. It bit a nice chunk out of a 13hr flight so would watch again
just to hear and see it properly on my own TV. Was supposed to be a feelgood movie and not a total bio-pic. I spotted the
Waynes World gag. Laughing

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:14 - 17 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Bohemian Rhapsody. 6/10

Watched it on the little screen on the back of the seat in front on a recent flight out to Bangkok so probably didn't
see it at its cinematic best. Story was alright but I feel it glossed over some stuff. Just deducted a mark for how wooden the
Roger Taylor actors drumming looked during the musical bits. It bit a nice chunk out of a 13hr flight so would watch again
just to hear and see it properly on my own TV. Was supposed to be a feelgood movie and not a total bio-pic. I spotted the
Waynes World gag. Laughing

This one really isn't meant for a tiny screen with shite sound.
It was loud as a bastard in the cinema. 👍
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 13 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 166, 167, 168 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
Page 167 of 194