Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Film review thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 167, 168, 169 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:47 - 17 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Holmes & Watson - 1/10

Well, this must be the worst film that the otherwise excellent comedy duo Ferrell and Reilly have ever done. I don't know what audience was this one made for. At times it felt like a film for children 10 and below, but then there were all the ''adult'' jokes, that children just wouldn't even comprehend.

What a waste of an idea and cast. Definitely felt like one of those ''feck, I signed the contract'' films, where the actors have no choice but just do their job, regardless of how crap the film is going to be.

Having read reviews about it I wouldn't have given time of day, every review said it was arse babble, and the trailer confirmed it.

Also I dont particularly find either of the leads funny

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 04:06 - 18 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Bohemian Rhapsody. 6/10

Watched it on the little screen on the back of the seat in front on a recent flight out to Bangkok so probably didn't
see it at its cinematic best. Story was alright but I feel it glossed over some stuff. Just deducted a mark for how wooden the
Roger Taylor actors drumming looked during the musical bits. It bit a nice chunk out of a 13hr flight so would watch again
just to hear and see it properly on my own TV. Was supposed to be a feelgood movie and not a total bio-pic. I spotted the
Waynes World gag. Laughing

I wait mostly for bluray releases so I can enjoy on my home cinema setup. Granted you were on a plane killing time but I would have watched something a bit more suited to headphones in that case. You really do need either a very good home setup or cinema to enjoy this film properly Thumbs Up

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:45 - 21 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stan and Ollie - 9/10

Very well done! Coogan and Reilly did a great job, amazing chemistry between those two.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:49 - 21 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

duhawkz wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:
Holmes & Watson - 1/10
Having read reviews about it I wouldn't have given time of day, every review said it was arse babble, and the trailer confirmed it.

Also I dont particularly find either of the leads funny

Yes, it was utter crap. Maybe children would find it alright, but then as said, too many adult jokes.

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:46 - 22 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bohemian rhapsody 8/10

Decided to see what the fuss was about and I really did enjoy it, Rami is a great presence on screen but it was the 70's and 80's and they portrayed Freddie as an outright party by while the rest of the band were squeaky clean which was bullshit. They were all into the drink and drug scene, just Freddie was that little over the top in it.

The Live Aid section was well done but during the close ups of the band you could tell they were in a studio and during the band and crowd shots you could practically see the edges of the green screen used to paint the audience.

But overall it is a cracking movie and he did nail Freddie pretty well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:41 - 24 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stan & Ollie solid 9/10

If you are of a certain age when you grew up watching these two comedy masters then you will enjoy this. Based on a UK tour in their latter years, it shows how their 'not so perfect' relationship grew back until Ollie couldn't go on any more. Steve Coogan was a perfect fit for Stan and John C Reilly as Hardy was great.

Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but for me really enjoyable.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:01 - 24 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antfarm Dickhole

I've seen worse films. Thumbs Up

It gets six out of ten.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2028457/

You should watch it this evening.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:16 - 24 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Antfarm Dickhole

I've seen worse films. Thumbs Up

It gets six out of ten.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2028457/

You should watch it this evening.

So sort of like Joan Collins 'Empire of the ants' but a bit sexy, seems like a plan.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:05 - 24 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:

I wait mostly for bluray releases so I can enjoy on my home cinema setup. Granted you were on a plane killing time but I would have watched something a bit more suited to headphones in that case. You really do need either a very good home setup or cinema to enjoy this film properly Thumbs Up

Yeah I'll probably get the disc. It made my wife cry at the end. I said "If this upsets you, you'll fucking hate Titanic."

Earned myself a slap at 30,000 feet for that.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:13 - 24 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all die young
7/10

Pretty good drugs/ganster film. Narrating is way too fast at the beginning.

Seems like they've finally worked out what to do with Van Damme. Just stop him speaking.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:43 - 30 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Death Day 2U. 8.5/10

You need to see the first one to get the plot. I enjoyed it, the wife enjoyed it. Good slasher/teen scary film. Would watch again.

Wyberton John
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:48 - 31 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched this one this evening:

https://youtu.be/bi-KmCgpAVQ

If you can't watch a film with no action at all - don't bother.

A good one for Brexiteers/Anti-EU brigade, though...

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:40 - 01 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Titan 2/10

2048, earth is dying of CaNsA. Good idea to pack up and go to Titan but some mods needed.
Really good idea but very poorly executed.

Spoiler

you spend the whole film wishing they'd just go to fcuking Titan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:15 - 06 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glass. 9/10

If you have watched the other 2; Unbreakable and Split, the third instalment rounds it all off nicely. I know M. Night Shyamalan can be a bit hit and miss. I thoroughly enjoyed this though. Ignore the critical pro reviews and enjoy it for what it is.

The blokes up there with Hitchcock.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:07 - 07 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slaughterhouse Rulez. 6/10

Public schoolboy nonsense with devil dogs. Meh, only watched because Pegg and Frost were in it, too little Frost and Pegg's character was boring.

No worth seeing again.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:53 - 08 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree. It was crap.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:09 - 07 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warrior 7/10

Tom Hardy and Nick Nolte star in this tale of MMA fighters.
I don't know about technical accuracy, but an enjoyable watch, without the ridiculousness of some martial arts-based movies.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:58 - 07 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fighting with my family. 9/10

Wrestling film with Nick Frost and Lena Headey. True story of a Norwich girls dream to become a WWF wrestler. Vince Vaughn also stars along with THE ROCK!.

Good film, Frost plays a blinder, Vince Vaughn also. I'd watch it again. The accents sounded more Bristolian than Norwich to me? that aside it was good.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:01 - 08 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad Words 3/10

Could've been really good. Premise was silly enough, adult beats a load of kids in a spelling contest. But it just didn't work well enough, adults being really mean to little kids can work. It worked in Bad Santa (Bad Santa 2 was garbage) but it just didn't really hit the mark in my opinion, the lead kid was great, a few funny moments, but on the whole just too offensive to be funny and not offensive enough to be a gross out film.

Ozombie 6/10

Watching this as the internet was down, it's back on now. I thought it would be utter crap - nothing wrong with a so bad it's good slasher/zombie movie, but it's not too bad at all.

Osama Bin Laden isn't dead, he's undead, and there is an army of jihadi zombies to be dealt with. Quite fun and way better than I thought it'd be. I'd kept this film in reserve for when I was really bored, and it's hands down miles better than Bad Words which I bought yesterday

andym
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:07 - 08 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
Glass. 9/10

If you have watched the other 2; Unbreakable and Split, the third instalment rounds it all off nicely. I know M. Night Shyamalan can be a bit hit and miss. I thoroughly enjoyed this though. Ignore the critical pro reviews and enjoy it for what it is.

The blokes up there with Hitchcock.

I must have watched a different version of this film.... I thought it was utter shit, watched the first hour and got bored, so I took a short break.... of 3 days.

Watched the rest of it and was still bored shitless.

At the end I thought is that it?

To save anyone else the torture of sitting through it, at the end....

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 20:15 - 08 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

First Man 6/10

Technically great, historically accurate and it does evoke emotion, but the only emotions it seems to evoke is pure despair and loneliness. I'm certain that Armstrong felt more of an elation, if not on the moon then when he returned.

There must have been more of a celebratory tone somewhere in the programme. Even Apollo 13 which was about an effective disaster in space has a better and more celebratory tone.

Good movie, some robots or automatons might like it for what it protrays, but it just has no heart at all, and for that I can't give it more than 6/10.

Really Really disappointed.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:57 - 09 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't a huge fan of it.

I must preferred the Tom Hanks miniseries "From the Earth to the Moon" which is about the whole Apollo program.

I think quite a few of the astronauts did suffer from "What next? Syndrome". Namely, how are you going to top walking on the moon in your life? Also the Apollo doubters came in and Buzz started fiteing.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:39 - 11 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avengers: Endgame 6/10

Final cash-grab from the comic book movie wagon. All the actors looked old, some worryingly so (because it means I'm older too).

I just don't understand any of it. The genre has reached its end; I think the last time any of this was of interest to me was when Iron Man 1 came out. Then it snowballed into what it is today. I am bored, bored bored of every blockbuster film being based on comic book heroes from over half a century ago.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 10:32 - 11 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Avengers: Endgame 6/10

Final cash-grab from the comic book movie wagon. All the actors looked old, some worryingly so (because it means I'm older too).

I just don't understand any of it. The genre has reached its end; I think the last time any of this was of interest to me was when Iron Man 1 came out. Then it snowballed into what it is today. I am bored, bored bored of every blockbuster film being based on comic book heroes from over half a century ago.

Iron Man 1 is where it all really started, so on that basis you probably won't 'get' it.

I am no longer as big a comic book movie fan as I used to be when I was a kid/teenager but even I can see that the MCU movies are by and large good movies. There's not a stinker among them, and the worst you can say is that they are 'meh'. Some are a bit meh, but most are really solid movies, especially when you consider the quantity of stinkers there are outside of the MCU at the moment.

The MCU is a lesson on how to do it right IMO.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:23 - 12 May 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mule, 7.5/10

Clint Eastwood's swan song from the film industry. Enjoyable BUT it's no Gran Torino. Drug smuggling escapade based loosely on a true story. Cartel, cops and Clint. Meh, could have been great but just ticked along.

Last edited by King29 on 00:24 - 12 May 2019; edited 1 time in total
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 322 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 167, 168, 169 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
Page 168 of 194