Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

After 8yrs riding I’m getting a new bike

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

sidewinder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:25 - 13 Mar 2019    Post subject: After 8yrs riding I’m getting a new bike Reply with quote

The trusty old bandit is starting to show its age.After many test rides I’ve taken the plunge and purchased a new vstrom 650 xt .bike suits my needs perfectly

FretGrinder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:43 - 13 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://m.quickmeme.com/img/58/5855f2df6025f087651d54f4bf1b5709c4512387033acf4f12e3b68c5680cd80.jpg

ಠ_ಠ

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:37 - 13 Mar 2019    Post subject: Re: After 8yrs riding I’m getting a new bike Reply with quote

sidewinder wrote:
The trusty old bandit is starting to show its age.After many test rides I’ve taken the plunge and purchased a new vstrom 650 xt .bike suits my needs perfectly

Pictures or it didn’t happen, you know the rules Smile

Someone I know bought one of those and he’s happy with it.
He bought it after finding the sporting riding position of his gixxer hard on his back and arms.

sidewinder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:11 - 13 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will post pics on Saturday whe; it turns up 👍

talkToTheHat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:55 - 15 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to hear how it compairs to the bandit. I have not much idea what I want next. Blandit, mondeo, walls painted ocean grey, my life is complete.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:30 - 17 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

talkToTheHat wrote:
. I have not much idea what I want next. Blandit, mondeo, walls painted ocean grey, my life is complete.

You’re living my life Shocked Laughing

SDFarsight
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 17:58 - 17 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

talkToTheHat wrote:
I'd like to hear how it compairs to the bandit. I have not much idea what I want next. Blandit, mondeo, walls painted ocean grey, my life is complete.

I'm curious, what's wrong or bland with Bandits? If anything I thought that the CBF line is the mondeo of motorcycles.

CBFs aren't bad bikes, I might even buy one myself someday, but they don't have any specific practical/stylistic path. They're road bikes...for people to ride on roads with.
The Bandit is very recognisable with its accentuated frame/engine bars whereas the Hornet looks like the bike that other 600 manufacturers base their designs on. The cbf 125 looks fairly distinctive compared to other 125s, but that's cancelled out by the fact that they're absolutely everywhere.

Last edited by SDFarsight on 18:08 - 17 Mar 2019; edited 3 times in total

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:59 - 17 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, what modifications have you got planned??

Enduro Numpty
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 19:09 - 19 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on the 650 V-Strom. I've got the 1000 version and it's superb. The 650 is very highly regarded by those who ride them and many V-Strom 1000 riders have scaled down to the 650. A very capable mile muncher and if it's anything like mine, a great bike through the twisty bits.

sidewinder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:05 - 19 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wafer_Thin_Ham wrote:
Nice, what modifications have you got planned??

So far purchased the lowered seat
And a fender extender

sidewinder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:06 - 19 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enduro Numpty wrote:
Congratulations on the 650 V-Strom. I've got the 1000 version and it's superb. The 650 is very highly regarded by those who ride them and many V-Strom 1000 riders have scaled down to the 650. A very capable mile muncher and if it's anything like mine, a great bike through the twisty bits.

Now the tires have worn in finding it a great bike through the corners.loving it

Irn-Bru
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:35 - 19 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did do a test ride on the 1000 and quite liked it, not all that different from my KTM really power wise, just not as eager in the corners which is probably due to the wheel sizing. Tried the 650 SV which was ok but not enough grunt for me, dash was a lot nicer if I remember rightly, unlike the vstrom which had the old analogue clocks.

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 12:34 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irn-Bru wrote:
I did do a test ride on the 1000 and quite liked it, not all that different from my KTM really power wise, just not as eager in the corners which is probably due to the wheel sizing. Tried the 650 SV which was ok but not enough grunt for me, dash was a lot nicer if I remember rightly, unlike the vstrom which had the old analogue clocks.

Did you try a Tracer 7/9? Why did you go for the V-Strom over one of those?
Travis Bickle This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

sidewinder
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:09 - 10 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:

Did you try a Tracer 7/9? Why did you go for the V-Strom over one of those?

Tried the tracer 7. But i felt i gelled with the strom better.it also felt better built

talkToTheHat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:26 - 16 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDFarsight wrote:
I'm curious, what's wrong or bland with Bandits?

Honestly, I quite like my 2002 600S. It's not so fast that I'm flirting with jailtime getting a hustle on through the twisties. It's a bit lardy, but it's also big enough to go two-up with enough luggage for a naughty weekend away. I'm not trackdaying it and there are madder riders out there than me, and it's not as fast or agile as a hardcore 600 or litre bike, but there's enough about it to feel more than a bit naughty.

Unlike the mondeo, which is irritatingly quiet and smooth to the point of me having to set the satnav to beep obnoxiously at me lest speeds creep up to jailtime without feeling fast at all.

I'd hate to replace the bandit with something sublimely quick, I think the VFR i rode fits this description. If I owned one, i'd probably have a ban by now. I guess my requirements have changed a bit as there's now the option of car, but if anything my next bike should be more thrashing a slower bike.

Paradoxicly the black widow exhaust ruins the smooth linear power delivery that makes the bandit quite nice in traffic, and makes it much better for having the power come in harder later in the rev range. Whilst many bikes get press praise for linear power delivery I'd rather have something that actually rewarded riding it hard.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 348 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1