Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 338, 339, 340 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:40 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Wars are started when one state tries to control another. Free and fair trade oils the wheels of peace but now there are all these other expectations which you have to obey if you want that particular form of prosperity.

Yes, but for a war to have you need an army first. How do you make people enlist, if not by giving them a villain. The jews, Taliban, Al Qaeda, Saddam Hussein... EU? Thinking

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:10 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:

EDIT: I'm not going to say I knew this was gonna happen, but the moment May said the Brexit should be red, white and blue and nothing else, I knew, this was gonna be a shit show.

Please remember, it's not Europe or the people of Europe we don't like, and we still want a close relationship with you. It's the institutions of the bloody EU we don't like. If you're in a club, and more and more that club doesn't do things you want to do, well, you leave the club. You might still have good friends who stay in that club who you do other things with, but sometimes, you want to go off and do your own thing too.

And also remember, wars in Europe have not generally been started by us, but by squabbles started by our continental friends. You need someone on the outside who will come along, bang some heads together, and sort you all out once in a while Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:05 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
UK politicians have a space to do what they do the best, act like everything is alright. Have a cup of tea, enjoy.

Isn't that how wars are started?

If you throw our tea overboard, there'll be trouble! Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:00 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plot twist: Without dedicated Act of Parliament UK can't leave the EU.

Default is to stay in EU, leaving without NEW Act of Parliament is literally illegal, without new Act Article 50 notification will lapse & become invalid.

According to some legal experts.

If UK is unable to leave EU in a constitutionally compliant way by 29 March 2019, by NEW Act of Parliament,UK’s Article 50 notice will lapse as a matter of national/supranational law & UK will stay in EU!

https://ukhumanrightsblog.com/2019/03/19/no-deal-brexit-may-be-unlawful-a-view-from-rose-slowe/

To make it even worst if EU accepts the short extension then new Act of Parliament will be needed for sure to leave the EU.

If Parliament is gridlocked and can't decide that default will be to stay. UK constitutionally require Act of Parliament to leave.

HTH Laughing Laughing Laughing

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:04 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
A retard says what? I was born a little too late to be involved in the last 2 World Wars, but lost relatives who gave their life to remain an independent Britain, not under German rule.

Not all of us are willing to capitulate and surrender to the latest political attempt for Germany to rule over Europe. It's a political battle, so votes count.

That is funny, my relatives gave their life, well it was taken, by your relatives who said feck it, let Hitler have Czechoslovakia. Razz

EDIT: Was self defence an option? Well, yes and no. Technically we could, we had all the bunkers, army, airforce... however legally we couldn't as that would be considered an act of war.
EDIT II: Did you know RAF sent the Czechoslovak gov. a bill for the training and equipment used by Czechoslovak pilots in the RAF during the WW2?

To be fair though, I do/did have some relatives in Germany, who did fight for the Reich.

But still, I was asking you, what you (your representatives) managed to do in the past 45 or so years, not what they have done in the WW1 and WW2. You did manage to get a lot of opt-outs, but other than that?

Last edited by RhynoCZ on 13:19 - 20 Mar 2019; edited 2 times in total

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:06 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
And yeah agree, Val just seems to appear and post every time something happens which suits Remain, then fucks off.

Duh...I am for remain if you haven't noticed yet.

Project reality etc.

I literally think leaving the EU and destroying the UK based on lies and invalid advisory poll is the most stupid think the UK can do. It is literally NOT a democracy to have lies on ballot and then call it will of the people.

Because I am a Conservative party member, not UKIPer or redKiper:

https://i.imgur.com/iZYwcU8.jpg

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:16 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Plot twist: Without dedicated Act of Parliament UK can't leave the EU.
According to some legal experts.
HTH Laughing Laughing Laughing

Aw, bless.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:31 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna leave this here, for Val: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsqW9Wm7bxE Thumbs Up

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:41 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
That is funny, my relatives gave their life, well it was taken, by your relatives who said feck it, let Hitler have Czechoslovakia.

You are blaming Britain for Hitler?! That's outrageous! You go too far, sir! That's how wars are started! Laughing

Quote:
But still, I was asking you, what you (your representatives) managed to do in the past 45 or so years, not what they have done in the WW1 and WW2. You did manage to get a lot of opt-outs, but other than that?

We acted as a go-between between Europe and the US. We were in an advantageous position to do that. We committed fully to NATO when there was fear of western Europe being overrun by the Soviet Union (with whom you colluded, willingly or not Razz ). France didn't, it withdrew from NATO. We have made major contributions to European security, have been policy shapers in European interactions with the rest of the world - we tend to understand it better than you lot, as we have been more involved outside of the EU's limited local horizons.

Britain was never suited to this EU project, once it went wider than a facilitator of trade. For one thing, our history has been markedly different to that of continental Europe. That is bound to have had an effect on our outlook. Our commitments beyond Europe have often benefitted the rest of Europe too. Your country was part of the Soviet Eastern Bloc for 50-odd years. Do you blame Britain for that too? What have you contributed to Europe since WW2? Rhyno, wind yer neck in mate, lest someone take an axe to it! Laughing

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:52 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Wars are started when one state tries to control another. Free and fair trade oils the wheels of peace but now there are all these other expectations which you have to obey if you want that particular form of prosperity.

Yes, but for a war to have you need an army first. How do you make people enlist, if not by giving them a villain. The jews, Taliban, Al Qaeda, Saddam Hussein... EU? Thinking

I digress, but I don't think a peacetime army is stuffed full of recruits hoping for war. They're either there because of the non-combatant skills they can learn (leadership, apprenticeships, adventure) or it's an alternative to the factory/ dole queue. The latter is why many apparently don't cope with life after the army. They've been looked after (fed, housed) all their lives and told what to do, then they're out and don't have the skills to survive. Sure, some are veterans with PTSD, but not all. Wartime recruits are a different matter, they're in it to fight for their country, but only while the threat lasts.

Anyway, back on track, are you suggesting no nation should have an army lest it decides to attack its neighbour? I get it; if they were all subsumed into one big army under a central command there could be no war between regions of a super-state, you'd just use the force to suppress "civil unrest" wherever it occurred in the new empire.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:04 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

I digress, but I don't think a peacetime army is stuffed full of recruits hoping for war. They're either there because of the non-combatant skills they can learn (leadership, apprenticeships, adventure) or it's an alternative to the factory/ dole queue. The latter is why many apparently don't cope with life after the army. They've been looked after (fed, housed) all their lives and told what to do, then they're out and don't have the skills to survive.

Fuckin' LOL!
Forces people see those outside as not being able to cope with life. Didn't we just recently have a thread here where some people didn't even know you're supposed to wash your cock? Laughing

Ex-forces people may not suit civilian employment perfectly in some instances, but that's not the same as saying they can't cope with life. The forces teach self-sufficiency. Where are you learning that as a civilian? Your boss in the office of an insurance company? Behind the counter in M&S? Laughing

My guess is that a lot of forces and ex-forces people support Brexit, because they believe in their country, and are willing to take the risks of going it alone; because they know they can survive more hardship than your average civvy, and make a decent go of things without having to be nannied by outsiders.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:09 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:
That is funny, my relatives gave their life, well it was taken, by your relatives who said feck it, let Hitler have Czechoslovakia.

You are blaming Britain for Hitler?! That's outrageous! You go too far, sir! That's how wars are started! Laughing

Quote:

We acted as a go-between between Europe and the US. We were in an advantageous position to do that. We committed fully to NATO when there was fear of western Europe being overrun by the Soviet Union (with whom you colluded, willingly or not Razz ). France didn't, it withdrew from NATO. We have made major contributions to European security, have been policy shapers in European interactions with the rest of the world - we tend to understand it better than you lot, as we have been more involved outside of the EU's limited local horizons.

Britain was never suited to this EU project, once it went wider than a facilitator of trade. For one thing, our history has been markedly different to that of continental Europe. That is bound to have had an effect on our outlook. Our commitments beyond Europe have often benefitted the rest of Europe too. Your country was part of the Soviet Eastern Bloc for 50-odd years. Do you blame Britain for that too? What have you contributed to Europe since WW2? Rhyno, wind yer neck in mate, lest someone take an axe to it! Laughing

Well, not to point a finger, Shifty , French and Italians were there too, when it was decided most of the Czechoslovakia belonged to Germans, ... and you, as a winning party of the WW2 did decide on how the Europe was devided. Well, 'mericans had a lot to say about that too. Then Russians went mental and 50 years of USSR etc. etc., that's besides the point.

Also, you misread what I was saying. I pointed out, that UK has their elected representatives in the EU, so you could influence what the EU turned into.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:13 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

Duh...I am for remain if you haven't noticed yet.

Project reality etc.

I literally think leaving the EU and destroying the UK based on lies and invalid advisory poll is the most stupid think the UK can do. It is literally NOT a democracy to have lies on ballot and then call it will of the people.

Because I am a Conservative party member, not UKIPer or redKiper:

https://i.imgur.com/iZYwcU8.jpg

UK has no influence in the EU. After QMV was introduced we really did have zero.

I agree that Thatcher (and also Churchill) were pro-EU, but this stands to reason as the EU is a project of the rich, the powerful and the elite to work against the interests of the poor and the working classes.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:33 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:

Also, you misread what I was saying. I pointed out, that UK has their elected representatives in the EU, so you could influence what the EU turned into.

Yeah, right Rolling Eyes

The EU is about what France and Germany want, and will admirably suit those willing to toe that line.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:40 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:
Sorry you surrendered to Germany once again and it’s all little old Britain’s fault somehow?
Czechoslovakia surrendered much of their territory before the war even started.

What are we doing to stand up to Germany once again trying to rule Europe as a federal superstate? Well, the public at least are fighting a political attempt to rule Europe via the ballot box. No other country seems to have gone that far yet.
What else do you expect at this stage? It's still in the political stage.

Surrendered after the Munich pact of Germany, GB, French and Italy. Not surrendering would mean we would start the War. What makes a country? It's a territory that everybody (or at least its neighbours) agreed on. Our ''neighbors'' agreed on that a huge chunk of our territory was not ours to keep.

Now, you say the public is fighting, but why doesn't that reflect in the composition of your representatives? Arguing in the pub/online is as useful as a prayer.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:00 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
What makes a country? It's a territory that everybody (or at least its neighbours) agreed on. Our ''neighbors'' agreed on that a huge chunk of our territory was not ours to keep.

And now you're willing to give up your country again to outsiders, vis, the EU. How much say will you get in how it develops?

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:23 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 CPT wrote:

To be fair, they most certainly were not. That Thatcher quote is from 1975, the EU was formed in 1992 and has morphed into a completely different creature even in the last 10 years.

The common market and what we have now with ambitions for it's won army and central taxation is nothing like what we expected 45 years ago.

The destination of the EU was always fairly clear behind closed doors. The coal and steel union was only ever intended as a first step towards ever closer union. The only difference now is that it's no longer possible to keep quiet about the eventual destination, and not everyone has normalised to it as they had hoped. This is why leaving is so hard. Their whole mission is to move to closer union, and they are trying to do Brexit in that content which is not possible.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:06 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
That is funny, my relatives gave their life, well it was taken, by your relatives who said feck it, let Hitler have Czechoslovakia. Razz

It's called Appeasement, and we're experts at it over here:

Hitler (Chamberlain, Munich 1938)
US (Blair / Bush)
IRA
Islam
EU

I could go on.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:23 - 20 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
And now you're willing to give up your country again to outsiders, vis, the EU. How much say will you get in how it develops?

As, I realise that our economy needs free borders (+ common standards and regulation) to export our goods and ingenuity, I would not be against it. Never in the history of the Republic (CZE) we had it so good.

I also could watch Czechs going from poverty into prosperity, ever since we joined the EU. Well, common folk won't admit it nor understand it, of course. Especially those, who work in all those factories owned by foreign investors who wouldn't even bother with our country if they had to pay any tariffs.

What would happen if we left the EU? All those manufacturers would move their factories into Slovakia and Poland. That's only for starters. The tariffs and border checks would kill the rest and the only thing we would be good for would be waste disposal and electricity production/generation because we, unlike Germans are not going green (incl. no Atom!) any soon now and they already require a lot of electricity for all their green initiatives and EVs.

Since generating electricity doesn't make any jobs and waste disposal isn't really something a skilled worker would have to do, unemployment rates would go up.

EDIT: People who want Czexit also claim we would become self sufficient again. Well, here's something they do not like to hear, the self sufficient crap was only Communist propaganda and even during the USSR years we were buying a lot of stuff from the ''Capitalist'' countries. Not just specialised machines, computers and all that, we even had to buy basic items such as toilet paper. Wink

Last edited by RhynoCZ on 16:32 - 20 Mar 2019; edited 1 time in total
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 37 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 338, 339, 340 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 339 of 523