Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Ebay problem - recorded delivered but dont have it

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

EazyDuz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:44 - 21 Mar 2019    Post subject: Ebay problem - recorded delivered but dont have it Reply with quote

First time this has happened.
Ordered something from ebay from a huge seller with 60,000+ feedback. Nothing expensive was just a carbiner type thing for £5.

They dispatch it, a few days past and I still didn't have it. I check Ebay and see they have a tracking number for RM, I look on the RM website and it says it has been recorded as delivered.

Now no one at this address has signed for it. In fact on the day it claims to have been delivered I answered the door to the postwoman because I had a couple other things which did need to be signed for, the carbiner was not amongst them. Also on the RM website it is a very basic 'recorded' delivery in which no signature is even provided, its just scanned by the tool the postwoman carries.

Ask neighbours etc no one has seen it.

So I call RM who can't help and say the sender must raise the issue with RM. I open a case on Ebay to the seller explaining that, but they refuse to believe I didn't receive it (they think I'm lying).

So the case I opened fell under 'Missing parts' since I couldnt select 'Not received' due to the tracking saying it has been. They have accepted the return but have told Ebay they cant supply the return label.

So now I have a case open, I need to return the item (which i physically dont have) and ill get a refund. The seller even said to me 'It is shown as delivered if you have changed your mind you can send it back but you must pay return post'.

Its a tiny amount of money but its the principle, it's pissed me off that this huge business seller has the cheek to claim i'm lying. Tempted to print a picture of the carbiner and send it in a jiffy bag second class recorded and put the tracking info on Ebay, so i'll get an automatic refund at the end of it.

At the end of the day the seller has the contract with RM, if something is lost during delivery it is the sellers responsibility to chase it up, not mine.

Has anyone else gone thru this?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:10 - 21 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phone eBay.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:06 - 21 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Ste says.
You can speak to real people and they'll have systems in place for it.

Dave....
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 23:28 - 21 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happened to friend of mine.
Delivered to street with same number but different street nearby and the name was on it of person who signed it.
Person denied recieving it and no refund was given.

Posties sell mystery parcels for £20 in some less desireable areas. Very Happy

EazyDuz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:45 - 22 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoke to ebay they just said send it back. So I guess ill take a dump in a jiffy bag and send it back recorded then

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:18 - 22 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a difficult one as far as ebay/seller is concerned. Seller sees it's been delivered. Offers refund if you send it back. I'm not sure what else they can do as tracking parcels are the primary source of ebays guarantees.

Sucks for you though. Especially if it's not a signed for package, you can't even check that.

A dump in a bag is probably the most satisfying conclusion. Thumbs Up

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:56 - 22 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

But can your DNA be found in a dump? Umm.. is it coated with DNA slime??

If I ever send/sell things I always go for recorded where I can check that a person signed for something - a shame the seller didn't go that route.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:04 - 23 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had same thing happen to me with an amp for my niece

I was at work when postie /parcel farce delivered

I signed for it

I said I hadn't

postie/parcel farce said he delivered to a different house two doors down they had it
they didn't and were not in either on delivery day

went to ebay they decided I was lying
so did paypal as it was signed for by me

wouldn't let me see proof of delivery and I lost money

few weeks later I witnessed same driver leaving a parcel on someone's door step so guessing this is what happened and got stolen
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:06 - 23 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched a courier leave a parcel next door, they won't be back for hours. You can see how some will be tempted.
Even if it's a wrong-size £10 sweatshirt they aren't going to give it back.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:10 - 23 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

watched dpd leave a parcel down the side of the company opposite Thursday after they went home at lunchtime

no one back in until 9am the next day and was probably either tools or cleaning stuff as company is a massive window cleaning company for hi rise buildings
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:30 - 23 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:
watched dpd leave a parcel down the side of the company opposite Thursday after they went home at lunchtime

no one back in until 9am the next day and was probably either tools or cleaning stuff as company is a massive window cleaning company for hi rise buildings

"Get it and hold it for safekeeping" Take it to them ASAP.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:49 - 24 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few small price items showing as delivered on RM tracking but not received.
I only check out sellers cred after things go wrong.
It seems these sellers have mega good buyer reviews of one line of less but the bad reviews have relevant detail.
I smell a Chinese Rat.
I had assumed that ebay had worked on this shite where buyre lose when sellers steal but there must be loop holes.

***MCN takes cover from the Bawwwwwing from eBay Sellers on here who have been skunked by buyers. Razz ***

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:52 - 24 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
andyscooter wrote:

"Get it and hold it for safekeeping" Take it to them ASAP.

nah bloke who works in the office is a right lazy bastard and wont open the door even if he is in

last one that was delivered to us because of this was a kettle for the woman in the office with him to make her coffee
he stood in the upstairs window and ignored the door

leolion
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:01 - 24 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to your local rm delivery office the tracking tool will tell them exactly where it was scanned and delivered to ( i know..)

EazyDuz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:36 - 24 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

To update I got back onto Ebay live chat and they refunded me without me having to do anything.
Left a nice negative feedback to the seller. Thats what you get for being so petty and untrusting over £5. Utter morons.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 21:32 - 24 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took delivery of a parcel for my neighbour 2 doors down on Friday which had a large (8"x10") label just under the address reading "DO NOT LEAVE THIS PARCEL WITH A NEIGHBOUR.".

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 05:11 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
I took delivery of a parcel for my neighbour 2 doors down on Friday which had a large (8"x10") label just under the address reading "DO NOT LEAVE THIS PARCEL WITH A NEIGHBOUR.".

We have no control over the operator vetting (No Pun) regime of Royal Mail or any of the whankers who drive vans for the other shower of shite who drive parcels around and drop them off.

At least Royal Mail are kind-of-reliable the other system just doesn't work properly. Hit or miss whether 95% of my mail order is problem free.

I do not remember asking for everything to move to mail order. I like being able to drive down to the shop and collect.
Is it my fault they do not stock everything I take a fancy to? Smile

McHattrick
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 08:23 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Royal Mail reliable?
Had a birthday card to my son arrive blatantly ripped open. Coloured envelope is a giveaway that there may be a fiver or tenner inside. Hard to believe they still had balls to deliver it. Local post office didnt want to know/care. "Just fill in this form mate".
Sent a parcel to Holland registered post. Used tracking a few days later to discover it was in New York awaiting dispatch... a week later it was still there (well according to tracking system).. emailed recipient and they already had the parcel. Pointless tracking system.
Found a parcel from Amazon in garden, about a week after ordering (never pay the fast delivery - it usually arrives in a couple of days anyway). Parcel had lay there in rain for a few days. No note to say it had been delivered. I have a 2m high fence around garden so, unless they have very long arms it was dropped 2m into garden.

I blame Thatcher.. no, Brexit.. or maybe Trump.. yeh Trump.. he's having all parcels delivered to the states to check if any immigrants in them.

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:21 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got in and checked email to find a headlamp pilot light
thingy costing £2.13 has been 'delivered - recorded '
I was in when the postie dropped off an envelope at mine before I went out
He's a good reliable guy and didn't hear the bleep machine they use
when scanning recorded stuff

I put the tracking number into the RM web site but nothing happens
it neither accepts or rejects the number
huh?
So where is it ?
2 quids not enough get upset over but its a bit irritating
I'll check with neigbours just in case before going up the PO and
screaming rassis abusers! at them

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:39 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHattrick wrote:
Royal Mail reliable?
Had a birthday card to my son arrive blatantly ripped open. Coloured envelope is a giveaway that there may be a fiver or tenner inside. Hard to believe they still had balls to deliver it. Local post office didnt want to know/care. "Just fill in this form mate".
Sent a parcel to Holland registered post. Used tracking a few days later to discover it was in New York awaiting dispatch... a week later it was still there (well according to tracking system).. emailed recipient and they already had the parcel. Pointless tracking system.
Found a parcel from Amazon in garden, about a week after ordering (never pay the fast delivery - it usually arrives in a couple of days anyway). Parcel had lay there in rain for a few days. No note to say it had been delivered. I have a 2m high fence around garden so, unless they have very long arms it was dropped 2m into garden.

I blame Thatcher.. no, Brexit.. or maybe Trump.. yeh Trump.. he's having all parcels delivered to the states to check if any immigrants in them.

New York was once called New Amsterdam.

Easy mistake to make Sir. Very Happy

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:14 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

McHattrick wrote:
I have a 2m high fence around garden so, unless they have very long arms it was dropped 2m into garden.

Should have use the trick I once used... I was expecting an urgent and fragile delivery but wasn't going to be in to receive it. I found a large white carrier bag, attached a length of string to it, folded it and stuck it to the door with a note written on it, something like "Delivery - please place parcel in bag and lower it over side gate". Neat, huh?

I got home later on, to find the bag lying on the drive, and my parcel sitting in a puddle behind my 2m side gate... Rolling Eyes

Separately, my Hermes story... on two consecutive days I received emails from them saying they'd tried to deliver but nobody was home so they'd try again tomorrow. I was working at home and guarantee that nobody came to my door; there was no calling card either - go figure. On the third day I received an email saying it had been delivered. Complete lie. Grrr... But several hours later that day, the package (which should have been signed for) was shoved through my letter box, correctly addressed. So I assumed that that they'd been trying to deliver the package to the wrong address all this time, and the recipient had kindly brought it round. That would fit the facts, right?

I then went online to look at the tracking info just out of interest - and there, as proof of delivery, I found a photo of my own front door! I mean, WT actual F?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 13:47 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

I don't blame them. I think you're an untrustworthy cunt as well.

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:20 - 02 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know its only £2.13 but two quids two quid right?
Knowing how much you all worry I thought I'd give y'all some closure
to put yer minds at rest

Well my item arrived to day

Timeline:

Bought 16th March

'Delivered' by RM 25th march
Both RM and Ebay tell me I have it and supply tracking numbers and shit

It actually arrives today the 2nd April
Obviously from China as it has the usual customs chitty on back

wtf?
In the listing, the item location said "London" and "other courier 2-3 days"
it should have said "item in China, it will take a while say 2-3 weeks?"

AdamEf
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:49 - 02 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even signatures are no guarantee.

T-Mobile sent me an iPhone once that was apparently signed for at my house by someone called Eric while I was 200 miles away. Not a shared house, no one was home. I had to buy another and wait a (very skint) month for an investigation to happen before they refunded me. They concluded the courier had probably taken it but couldn't prove it.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:41 - 02 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

WD Forte wrote:

Timeline:

Bought 16th March

'Delivered' by RM 25th march
Both RM and Ebay tell me I have it and supply tracking numbers and shit

It actually arrives today the 2nd April
Obviously from China as it has the usual customs chitty on back

wtf?
In the listing, the item location said "London" and "other courier 2-3 days"
it should have said "item in China, it will take a while say 2-3 weeks?"

That really gets my goat.

I'd rather pay a couple of quid more and get what I want relatively quickly but I have still been caught out. Evil or Very Mad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 362 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2