Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Insurance exc commuting - ride in one day?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:48 - 23 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travis Bickle wrote:

You sure you ain't my best mate from school? Your childhood sounds identical. By the little three-wheeled cars you mean the pale blue invalid carriages? My mate had one of those too (still does)! In fact his dad hired it out to the makers of the film Ali G Indahouse and they used it in the film https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWeR145YNNM

funnily enough your name popped up on a taxi page local on face book the other day Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Travis Bickle This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:48 - 24 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

according to the map no where near you Laughing Laughing

Bromsgrove ish
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

.Chris.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:40 - 24 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strangely enough, when I told my insurer I was driving to work in my car, I was told that no changes to the policy were required as driving to a single place of work fell under the definition of social, domestic and pleasure use. This is not something I've heard of before.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:23 - 24 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Chris. wrote:
I was told that no changes to the policy were required as driving to a single place of work fell under the definition of social, domestic and pleasure use. This is not something I've heard of before.

When I first started taking out motor insurance <cough> years ago, I'm almost certain there was never any mention of commuting; you just had the options of SDP or Business. I think they dreamed up having commuting as an optional chargeable extra not that long ago, but clearly your insurer still follows the old model.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:27 - 24 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Chris. wrote:
Strangely enough, when I told my insurer I was driving to work in my car, I was told that no changes to the policy were required as driving to a single place of work fell under the definition of social, domestic and pleasure use. This is not something I've heard of before.

Mine in the past has specified 'travel to and from a permanent place of business'. I'd check your policy T&C's carefully especially the exclusions.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 32 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3