BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Vans that don't rust to bits?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:50 - 01 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

my mates just got rid of his Peugeot expert van as had nothing but problems with it

in fact it cost him his delivery round as he couldn't do it due to no van and couldn't find cover at such short notice
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:12 - 01 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

garth wrote:
Looks like a l2h1 or l2h2 scudo for me then.

Quite a lot of them seem to be high milers though. In no rush, I'll wait for the right one.

HJ favours the 2L model ( https://vans.honestjohn.co.uk/van-reviews/fiat/scudo-2007/driving/ ). Vantrader has a few:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/van-search?sort=sponsored-supplied&radius=1500&postcode=ne191tr&make=FIAT&model=SCUDO&year-from=2012&minimum-badge-engine-size=2.0

(the yellow one is interesting....).

I'd actually prefer a newer high-mileage that's OK and hasn't been taken to bits than an older low-mileage one.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:53 - 01 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:
my mates just got rid of his Peugeot expert van as had nothing but problems with it

in fact it cost him his delivery round as he couldn't do it due to no van and couldn't find cover at such short notice

We'll soon be building le vans du Peugeot, just hope the place sees me to retirement.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer

PostPosted: 21:04 - 01 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cousin, his workers and fellow friends all rate Mercs. There's a whole host of peeps we know that buy nothing but Merc vans. I suppose if you strip them back and treat them at base level and keep on top of sorting out any niggles they go and go for years.

My cousin's live-on truck is H reg and still going strong. Proper workhorse. Towing heavy loads and being lived in constantly. Does a lot of mileage. Thumbs Up

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 10:39 - 02 Jan 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
thx1138 wrote:
Landrover 101 Laughing

not very economical to run though

My fave vehicle of all time. Rubbish mpg as you say and still too damned heavy to get good mpg with a diesel engine.
Just part it up and admire the looks!

You would have to be a retard to diesel one. Just fit some massive LPG tanks where the jerry cans go and get 25-30mpg equivalent.

whitmorereans
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:31 - 03 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've spent a lot of time driving Peugeot Experts which were so bad they have put me off anything with a Peugeot badge for life, and the Vauxhall Vivaro which was light years ahead in drive and quality.

steve the grease
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 01:22 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Citroen , pegeot and fiat seem to colaborate on vans . The Ducato/ Relay is built in italy and they do seem to rust like fu..... biilyo. the Scudo/ Dispatch / Expert are french built based on the old Peugeot 806 with a high roof . I can confirm that they dont rust. Fiat seem to have contributed the front suspension. I'm after a 1.9 about 2006 mechanical injection system and engine based on the unburstable XUD Xantia engine. Slow and fixable.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:39 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve the grease wrote:
Citroen , pegeot and fiat seem to colaborate on vans . The Ducato/ Relay is built in italy and they do seem to rust like fu..... biilyo. the Scudo/ Dispatch / Expert are french built based on the old Peugeot 806 with a high roof . I can confirm that they dont rust. Fiat seem to have contributed the front suspension. I'm after a 1.9 about 2006 mechanical injection system and engine based on the unburstable XUD Xantia engine. Slow and fixable.

As do Nissan, Renault and Vauxhall.

tony_d123
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 09:55 - 06 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expert Tepee ex-motobility are good. Usually low mileage, Windows, classed as car, low floor so can stand up without hi-top and low loading with ramp.
Mine is L1 and its tight but I can get a bike in with two rear seats fitted.
Oh, also has a winch for loading Very Happy
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 358 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2