Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 349, 350, 351 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:32 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
I don't think everybody who voted to leave is a thick racist either - show me where I have said that.

Me too. Not all who voted for Brexit are racists. But all racists voted for Brexit.

Exactly the same way not all who voted 1933 for Hitler were nazis.
FYI 17.3m voted for Hitler.

Referendum brought Hitler to power: that’s why the Constitution of the Bundesrepublik banned plebiscites, and they continue to be banned in today’s reunited Germany.

Attlee and Thatcher rightly considered them to be the instrument of demagogues and dictators.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:01 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, will I be seeing you on the opposite side of the barricades on the 29th? I'll be wearing a blue silk cravat and carrying a copy of the Spectator...

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:17 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

EU warned again today that under the current situation, no deal remains the most likely outcome Razz
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:27 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

28 days jail for try to feed an egg to Corbyn's ear.

https://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/egg-wielding-brexit-supporter-who-struck-jeremy-corbyn-jailed-for-28-days-11364348605084

Corbyn says “I feel these kind of attacks drive a wedge between elected representatives and those who elect them in the first place.”

Politicians don't need any help doing that Jeremy. Laughing

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:28 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow how much is egg boy going to get then?

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:31 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
To all people in UK:

5,554,046 UK citizens and/or residents want to stop Brexit

You mean UK citizens and/or residents plus those living in Antartica, Russia, Vatican city, Somalia, South Sudan, or who simply don't exist anyway.

Val wrote:
Wait until I wrote this post 5,555,846 signed it.

Those bots sure do work quickly Very Happy
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:53 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

"Chief Magistrate Emma Arbuthnot acknowledged the “current climate” as she jailed remorseless Murphy, 31, of Barnet, north-west London, for 28 days on Monday after he admitted a charge of assault by beating."

ROFLMAO! Someone should set a collection for him.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:38 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
assault by beating

In a mad scramble, he was quickly whisked away to face charges.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:24 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

Exactly the same way not all who voted 1933 for Hitler were nazis.
FYI 17.3m voted for Hitler.

You lose.

#godwinslaw

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:05 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bercow just got himself in a whole load of trouble for calling an ex-govt whip "not a very good one".

Riejufixing wrote:
bhinso wrote:

"Chief Magistrate Emma Arbuthnot acknowledged the “current climate” as she jailed remorseless Murphy, 31, of Barnet, north-west London, for 28 days on Monday after he admitted a charge of assault by beating."

ROFLMAO! Someone should set a collection for him.

He should appeal. Sentence is politically motivated.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:55 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

He should appeal. Sentence is politically motivated.

Political crimes, thought crimes, overriding the democratic will of the people... It's a slippery slope that leads inevitably to dictatorship, I tells ya! Shocked

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:04 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

My prediction now?
Government attempt to get an unchanged deal through. Government decide that seeing as said deal is not getting through, a hard Brexit is too damaging (to their careers beyond parliament). Government decide to cancel Brexit and May gives a speech to the world as to why they did it. A second referendum is not allowed because 'it's not democratic' - yeah the bastards are biased and don't want to risk another beating by the people.
That speech is actually written already and police/soldiers/vicious cats are all booked to be on the UK streets when the speech is delivered.

The end of democracy in the UK? We never had it anyway - politicians never listened to what the population was saying full stop. It's like when your local council surveys residents on local matters such as a new school or housing estate. Sure they survey you but it doesn't mean they have to act on it. Worse still, your local council can then claim to government that they discuss important things with 'key stakeholders' over local issues and get Brownie points for doing so. (the lesson is - never fill those council surveys in)

Riots in the UK? Possibly a few. The main problem if government do the above is that they'll know they can get away with more of that sh*t.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:10 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
The main problem if government do the above is that they'll know they can get away with more of that sh*t.

They know they can already, it's just the backlash of losing their seats that worries them.

Sending the troops on the street, pah, they're only plebs.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:45 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

YL is calling for his supporters to turn up on the 29th March to protest. Apparently there will be speeches, music and anti-Government sentiment. Assuming the gentlemen in this video do turn up, I predict handbags.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtLN_CbiBXg

Note. I'm not implying for a second that all supporters of Brexit are like this bunch, but one can see how the media can easily portray Brexiteers as Carling and coke-fuelled chaps out for a fight rather than 'ordinary' protesters out to make a point.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:48 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
My prediction now?
Government attempt to get an unchanged deal through. Government decide that seeing as said deal is not getting through, a hard Brexit is too damaging (to their careers beyond parliament). Government decide to cancel Brexit and May gives a speech to the world as to why they did it. A second referendum is not allowed because 'it's not democratic' - yeah the bastards are biased and don't want to risk another beating by the people.
That speech is actually written already and police/soldiers/vicious cats are all booked to be on the UK streets when the speech is delivered.

I'm with you on this one. canny lad. The irony here however is that Brexiteers have constantly argued that another referendum would be undemocratic, and this argument is likely to be used against them in your scenario.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:57 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newsflash: BREXIT IS GOING TO HURT THE EU TOO!! Surprised Surprised Surprised

Attached speech has subtitles but is well worth watching
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63IcW4eo4uM&fbclid=IwAR3Ipg5YgypWXcozRGxezX7neczr3SSlaYBkqvp6iHOQZv9iZwxSWDIqzAA

"Britain's is the second largest economy in the EU. As much as the smaller 19 nations combined. Hence loosing Britain is like reducing the EU to 9.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:36 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Note. I'm not implying for a second that all supporters of Brexit are like this bunch, but one can see how the media can easily portray Brexiteers as Carling and coke-fuelled chaps out for a fight rather than 'ordinary' protesters out to make a point.

No, I've tried to see that, and I can't see it at all. I'd like to know how you can "easily see" that.

But perhaps it's time to take your affaire de cœur to another thread. It seems to be clouding your judgement.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:38 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

I wonder how Remainers would be looking now, if the referendum had gone the other way and Parliament had decided we're leaving anyway.

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:44 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
The irony here however is that Brexiteers have constantly argued that another referendum would be undemocratic, and this argument is likely to be used against them in your scenario.

I think we should have another referendum, to tell parliament what to do. We have already voted to leave, but they need instruction on how we should leave:

1) Leave, accepting Withdrawal Ageement.
2) Leave, rejecting Withdrawal Agreement.

Another referendum with in/out on it does not now seem to have a lot of support, which is unsurprising since for democracy it would be a poke in the eye with a sharp stick (source: BBC):

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:58 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Diggs wrote:

No, I've tried to see that, and I can't see it at all. I'd like to know how you can "easily see" that.

I can see that because as we all know the media chooses to present us gullible public with images to suit its own purposes. If the media decides to report that either side are causing trouble, it isn't going to show pictures of nuns holding pansies, ordinary people peacefully protesting etc. It will show this lot plus Antifa throwing street-furniture at each other and attacking the police.

It is relevant to this thread because this lot have been asked to attend the demonstrations on the 29th and will doubtless be met by people who disagree with their views, some of them equally fuelled with Carling and marching powder, plus probably a bit of hummus...

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:06 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

In reality, I think most people can see through media hype. By now, with the confused mess this has all become, I expect most wait until things have actually happened before they cry "FACT!". Val excepted, of course. Which is possibly why only a handful of BCF members actually post anything in this thread. They are sensibly resigned to whatever may happen, until such time as they can actually do anything about it. No sense in giving yourself an ulcer over things you have no control of.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:17 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
In reality, I think most people can see through media hype. By now, with the confused mess this has all become, I expect most wait until things have actually happened before they cry "FACT!". Val excepted, of course. Which is possibly why only a handful of BCF members actually post anything in this thread. They are sensibly resigned to whatever may happen, until such time as they can actually do anything about it. No sense in giving yourself an ulcer over things you have no control of.

True enough...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 25 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 349, 350, 351 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 350 of 523