BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Hello all :)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

martin0642
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 18:36 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Hello all :) Reply with quote

So....after dreaming about being legal on a bike for over 30 years I have finally done it. After a shockingly bad first go at Mod 1 I finally took Mod 1 and Mod 2..in the middle of Storm Gareth. Passed both with flying colours (faultless Mod 1 , 4 minors on Mod 2)

Now the proud and very happy owner of a Triumph Street Triple 765 S (used a STriple 675 and a CBF1000 for my training and tests).

I think this may be a (late) mid-life crisis. I'm ok with that....

Anyway - lovely to be here.

I will have many questions........ Shocked Shocked Confused Laughing

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:56 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod 1s were not fun that week! Welcome.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:04 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Re: Hello all :) Reply with quote

martin0642 wrote:
(used a STriple 675...for my training and tests).

Excellent way to make you enthusiastic and give you motivation to pass!

Beware those who will tell you you've set your sights too high for your first bike! Take your time and enjoy the learning process, which really starts now.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

martin0642
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:56 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kentol750 wrote:
Mod 1s were not fun that week! Welcome.

No they were not! Also I struggled with left turns (until it just clicked) and the course was laid out with a left hander round the top Shocked

However - apart from completing forgetting to swerve on the first avoid (I got another chance thankfully...too focused on speed) I passed..even with a MASSIVE gust as I did the U Turn.

The Mod 2 was teh easiest ride I'd had in two weeks...well..compared to the high speed hour ride in 45mph winds and rain on the A5 over there. Frankly the Mod 2 was a relief!

martin0642
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:58 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Re: Hello all :) Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
martin0642 wrote:
(used a STriple 675...for my training and tests).

Excellent way to make you enthusiastic and give you motivation to pass!

Beware those who will tell you you've set your sights too high for your first bike! Take your time and enjoy the learning process, which really starts now.

Yes - I ummed and ahed a lot but going smaller would make no sense after the bikes I rode in training (also rode a 650, 1100, MT09 - all on track though). I ride it in rain mode at the moment, smoothes the power out nicely.

Already planning advanced training as well.

And of course - as much riding as I can possibly manage. Laughing Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:54 - 26 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mod2 should always be a breeze...just a guided tour in test mode..(unless you're an arse!).

martin0642
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 10:30 - 27 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kentol750 wrote:
Mod2 should always be a breeze...just a guided tour in test mode..(unless you're an arse!).

Well that week in particular...the Mod 2 was breezy. Thankfully I managed to stifle my usual arse-like behaviour long enough to get through. Very Happy

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:42 - 27 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

martin0642 wrote:
Kentol750 wrote:

Well that week in particular...the Mod 2 was breezy. Thankfully I managed to stifle my usual arse-like behaviour long enough to get through. Very Happy

Top banana 🍌 Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 23 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1