Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 452, 453, 454 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:18 - 24 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insomnia.

I wanted to go out on the bike for a blast this morning but I have spent the night either having bad dreams or being wide awake.

Been awake since 2am and now too tired to ride.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:50 - 24 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bad foot

rubbed away loads of skin on my heal

whole foot itchs and cant stop it

getting about two hours proper sleep a night at moment

off to car show in a bit
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:13 - 24 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who don't share my sense of humour.

My better half and I were at a meal last night. It was a 'friends of friends' invite, and we don't know the couple well. Everything was going swimmingly, we had a prawny-salmon thing with lemon horseraddish for starters, a lebanese mince and mint thing with pittabread and spiced oils for mains, and chocolate/walnut cake with a raspberry coolie for pud. All delicious. The wine flowed as did the conversation - all proper middle-class Liberal virtue-signalling stuff including Brexit, the rugby, Masterchef, how nobody could vote Labour any more, whose kids were taking what drugs and failing at school etc.

The topic turned to alternative therapies, and in particular to the services of a close friend of our host who has a clinic nearby offering raki, head massage, sound and smell treatments etc. My faux pas was waiting for a lull in the conversation, then stating loudly that for another tenner she does a cracking hand-job.

The silence said it all. I don't think we'll be invited back....

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:30 - 24 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet she does, though Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:36 - 24 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

The silence said it all. I don't think we'll be invited back....

Thank fuck for that, eh? Sounds like it was a nightmare of an evening anyway. Apart from the food. But you really need to be getting used to beans on toast in case we actually leave the EU Wink Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Travis Bickle This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:51 - 24 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upgrade the toast to grilled cheese on toast. Thumbs Up
Travis Bickle This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:01 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I bet she does, though Laughing

I imagine she could do a mean tantric wank. Like telephone sex but to whale music...

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:19 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
all proper middle-class Liberal virtue-signalling stuff....

Night out with mpd?

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:15 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sensationalist news feeds about the weather from supposedly reputable media outlets (e.g. Mail, Sun, Express, etc...)
Written by 'Journalists' who can't even spell.

e.g.
January: BRITAIN TO FREEZE, BURIED UNDER 16 FEET OF SNOW

March: BRITAIN TO BAKE IN 26C HEATWAVE LASTING UNTIL JUNE

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:31 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Sensationalist news feeds about the weather from supposedly reputable media outlets (e.g. Mail, Sun, Express, etc...)
Written by 'Journalists' who can't even spell.

e.g.
January: BRITAIN TO FREEZE, BURIED UNDER 16 FEET OF SNOW

March: BRITAIN TO BAKE IN 26C HEATWAVE LASTING UNTIL JUNE

Oh please, please, please.

I'll go and let off a few aerosols to help Thumbs Up

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:42 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just gonna make things worse Mad

What next? Snacks in January?

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 20:10 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

I'll go and let off a few aerosols to help Thumbs Up

You've mixed up your pollution types there my friend. The thing killing your namesake is greenhouse gases, not CFCs any more. If you want to emit a ton of greenhouse gases, buy some cows, Ride motorcycles and drive cars, and burn coal, oil, gas and wood.

The Ozone layer is currently in the process of repairing itself, which is one piece of good news we can all be happy about within the last 5 years.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:12 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

AH Bollocks, my latest bike has a problem..... whoever fitted the rack
fucked up BIG TIME. The rack was fitted without the post which makes
the rack solid, you have to drill a hole in the plastics and the lazy sod
who fitted it didn't bother.

So I put the top box on and there is some movement in the rack so I
have ordered a new one and my mechanic will fit it properly.

Also my front brakes are making some odd noises, checked the pads
and they are just fine, sadly HH pads so they are also getting replaced.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:24 - 25 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything and everything grinds my gears today.
Ever have one of those days where you're angry with the world? Yeah that's me! Angry at people, angry at traffic, angry at cats. Everything.
I need my nuts emptying or something - someone's gonna get hurt at this rate..

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:14 - 27 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

And my rant today is a repeat.......

women and cars

Had to take wifies Megane in for an MOT which meant getting up at 7 to take her to work then going home, getting her car and off to MOT station. OK, no real problem, pain in the arse sitting in MOT place for an hour and a half to be told it needs a new tyre and a CV boot. OK that's fair enough.

Took it home, told wifie, said booked in Saturday so you can take it in. No, I'm out with friends, can you take it. Rolling Eyes Suppose so. That's my Satuday fucked and no doubt I'll never see the money for that again.

Today, daughter car, MOT, same place. I told her clean it.

Got up at 0630, took her to work, came home looked in car and almost gagged. Filthy, stinks of horse piss. Is carrying about half a ton of straw, hay, horse feed, horse shit and general rubbish.

I've just spent an hour cleaning the front seats and wells. Fabreezing the car and a bit of dashboard cleaner for good measure. Two black bin bags of rubbish from the so called front of the clean car alone. Had to empty the dyson 3 times as well.

It's still shit by any standards but at least the mechanic SHOULDN'T refuse point blank to get in it.

Fuck I'm furious.

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:31 - 27 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
And my rant today is a repeat.......

women and cars

Had to take wifies Megane in for an MOT which meant getting up at 7 to take her to work then going home, getting her car and off to MOT station. OK, no real problem, pain in the arse sitting in MOT place for an hour and a half to be told it needs a new tyre and a CV boot. OK that's fair enough.

Took it home, told wifie, said booked in Saturday so you can take it in. No, I'm out with friends, can you take it. Rolling Eyes Suppose so. That's my Satuday fucked and no doubt I'll never see the money for that again.

Today, daughter car, MOT, same place. I told her clean it.

Got up at 0630, took her to work, came home looked in car and almost gagged. Filthy, stinks of horse piss. Is carrying about half a ton of straw, hay, horse feed, horse shit and general rubbish.

I've just spent an hour cleaning the front seats and wells. Fabreezing the car and a bit of dashboard cleaner for good measure. Two black bin bags of rubbish from the so called front of the clean car alone. Had to empty the dyson 3 times as well.

It's still shit by any standards but at least the mechanic SHOULDN'T refuse point blank to get in it.

Fuck I'm furious.

I feel your pain. Fortunately I never ever intend to breed, however I do have a sister who is equally as ignorant when it comes to cars.

Likes to call herself a "girl racer". Gave me a lift home after I had my appendix out. Never have I ever been driven my someone with such little mechanical sympathy, I was in so much pain I got out and took the bus! Never heard of a clutch and such disrespect to her cars that they only last a couple of years from nearly new and her husband refuses to allow her to drive his Evo!

I'm beginning to wonder if garages are as bad towards women as the femi-nazi's make out. Maybe is because the car is so shagged, it literally needs every part replacing every 6 months!

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:26 - 27 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Horsey Minger Whinge

That's your biggest mistake.

What you SHOULDA done is gone back to your daughter and told her the MOT guy failed it BECAUSE he couldn't get inside it due to the smell/horseminging.

How is she gonna know that a stinky car is an MOT failure or not. She's too idle to go herself, so you just have to tell her "the MOT guy said that its unroadworthy because it is so dirty inside, you don't have space to put your foot down cos of all that horse grass, etc" - or some similar line of bullshit.

Then her car would be off the road, and inconveniencing her, until she cleaned it herself.

Sure your wife might call you on it, and say you are bullshitting her, but are they going to bother going to the MOT guy and ask?

All you've done is make it clear that you're a mug who will clean her car whenever she leaves it in a pigsty.

Brick Wall

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:19 - 27 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

All you've done is make it clear that you're a mug who will clean her car whenever she leaves it in a pigsty.

Brick Wall

Yes but in my defence if I don't keep her car on the road, she loses her job or has to borrow one of ours while it's being fixed.

I won't lend her my Jaguar so wifie will lend daughter her car then come to me to borrow mine. Evil or Very Mad

But yes, I'm a soft touch, a mug, idiot but when I go off on the boat next week, I'm taking both sets of Jaguar keys.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:29 - 27 Mar 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
if I don't keep her car on the road, she loses her job

... with respect, Polarbear ...

It's her fuckin' problem if she loses her job, not yours, babe.
You know this Laughing

I know, I know, I'd probably make the same excuses for Anita.
I bet they're about the same age, too.
It's us who are making them "entitled snowflakes", LOL

Thinking
Although to be fair, Anita is about as far from a snowflake as its possible to be. More Scorpio than Klaus Meine Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 3 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 452, 453, 454 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 453 of 698