Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

'Polite' vests

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Do you wear a vest with 'Polite' on the back intended to look like a Police vest?
Yes
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
No
13%
 13%  [ 16 ]
No, I'd rather rub myself with the still warm hide of a recently diceased syphilitic donkey
84%
 84%  [ 100 ]
Total Votes : 119

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 15:38 - 01 Apr 2019    Post subject: 'Polite' vests Reply with quote

Hi,

Just wanted to gauge how many people in the real world wear those 'polite' vests.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:40 - 01 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those fuckers invariably won't move out of the way to let more confident riders make progress. Not very polite at all actually....

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:55 - 01 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

This again? Rolling Eyes
Come on MarJay, I held you in higher regard.
Does it really matter? Tbh, I rarely see them.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:08 - 01 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone want to buy a donkey?

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:14 - 01 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

racist

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:17 - 01 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I buy a racist recently deceased syphilitic donkey wearing a polite vest and pretending to be a police officer? Just to get it over with?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:20 - 01 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you Val?

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:22 - 01 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regularly see a guy wearing one of these, a white helmet and riding what suspiciously like an ex-police BMW R1200 RT. But rides like a cunt. Not applying IAM/Roadcraft, just a cunt.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:23 - 01 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Are you Val?

Do I sound like I'm in a state of panic?

johnsmith222
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:36 - 01 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted yes just because I got a road bike at the weekend and doing so made me feel as if I'm 1 step away from being one of those holier than thou cyclists.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:41 - 01 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted no but was illegal unicorn vote and there will be a second vote to sort it all out Thumbs Up

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:43 - 01 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
I voted no but was illegal unicorn vote and there will be a second vote to sort it all out Thumbs Up

Would you like to buy a life?

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:56 - 01 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:19 - 01 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Yep.

Sorry, the manufacturer moved to the EU Razz

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:23 - 01 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:25 - 01 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polite vest? Wanker vest, more like.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:27 - 01 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Polite vest? Wanker vest, more like.

This thread deserves to be taken as far off topic as imaginable. Try again please.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 17:29 - 01 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

So here's a story for you.

This morning I was riding my merry way to work, doing .75 leptons. I was stuck behind a van. In my mirrors I see a bunch of lights. It's a BMW GS with four... I think that needs emphasizing FOUR extra mounted auxiliary lamps all pointing in different directions, one directly into my mirrors so I was dazzled by them. I think... no big deal he's just got a badly adjusted light.

So, he then comes barreling up behind me, then swings around me so violently that he almost hits the front of my bike with his top box, then proceeds to weave back between lane 3 and 2, and start filtering at about 80mph causing a couple of cars to swerve out of his way.

Not only all this but he was wearing a 'polite' vest. I think this basically sums it all up really.

If YOU wear one of these vests (someone has admitted to it) then please reconsider. It makes us all look like C*nts in the eyes of car drivers.

This has been a public information announcement on behalf of BCF.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:33 - 01 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polite or Police, not much difference really.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:33 - 01 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
So here's a story for you.

This morning I was riding my merry way to work, doing .75 leptons. I was stuck behind a van. In my mirrors I see a bunch of lights. It's a BMW GS with four... I think that needs emphasizing FOUR extra mounted auxiliary lamps all pointing in different directions, one directly into my mirrors so I was dazzled by them. I think... no big deal he's just got a badly adjusted light.

So, he then comes barreling up behind me, then swings around me so violently that he almost hits the front of my bike with his top box, then proceeds to weave back between lane 3 and 2, and start filtering at about 80mph causing a couple of cars to swerve out of his way.

Not only all this but he was wearing a 'polite' vest. I think this basically sums it all up really.

If YOU wear one of these vests (someone has admitted to it) then please reconsider. It makes us all look like C*nts in the eyes of car drivers.

This has been a public information announcement on behalf of BCF.

Put it in a vlog? Razz

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:45 - 01 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cun-tabard.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 17:55 - 01 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Put it in a vlog? Razz

Nope, I have a personality.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:01 - 01 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ho hum...

https://i.imgur.com/qqaVolM.jpg

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 19:05 - 01 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear. £40! Sheesh.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:10 - 01 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
... and start filtering at about 80mph causing a couple of cars to swerve out of his way.

There's filtering, and there's "Lanesplitting like a Californian".

One of them makes you the new addition to the sticker collection on the back of a car.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 16 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3