Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Youtube is finito

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net
View previous topic : View next topic  

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:15 - 01 Apr 2019    Post subject: Youtube is finito Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PGm8LslEb4

Mwahahaha.....

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 01:37 - 01 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the advertising at the end of the video was meant to be ironic. Laughing

The videos he describes have been around for years.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:49 - 01 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fake news has been around since news was invented too.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:18 - 01 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting. It'll continue and the sites will counteract. I blame the sites for creating their platforms as they are - humans and greed will never end. Remove advertising income for those posting? The content will head in political ways.
I do hope it all implodes though because it's (those 3 sites) taken over everyones lives.

I'd actually seen snow effect two weeks ago on a compilation video and had wondered what the f. I'd guessed on confusing algorithms designed to suss out copied content.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:36 - 01 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

People do not like to admit it but t' Internet is still new.

It will always be abused because Moses, Jesus and the prophet Mohamed.

People are gulable, stupid, accepting, adaptable etc.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:22 - 01 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Step 1: Say something divisive
Step 2: Astro-turf reactions with fake accounts
Step 3: Hope for real world clicks
Step 4: Profit!

For step 1 the scammers musta thought all their Xmases came at once when Trump got elected.

I wonder if you could do it with anything.... "Brexit Bike Reviews" Very Happy

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:26 - 01 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

We Found 0 Clips With "Brexit Bike Reviews"

Sad

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:17 - 01 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

HardlyDavidson wrote:
Step 1: Say something divisive
Step 2: Astro-turf reactions with fake accounts
Step 3: Hope for real world clicks
Step 4: Profit!

For step 1 the scammers musta thought all their Xmases came at once when Trump got elected.

I wonder if you could do it with anything.... "Brexit Bike Reviews" Very Happy

I'm all Pro-Trump/Brexit/Tranzjendarequality and Pro-Life.

Nothing stimulates the market more. Cool

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:25 - 01 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

"But... but! We don't know what will happen if we leave!!!"

Exactly, vote Chaos every time Very Happy Keeps journalists in work and off the street, much safer for everyone.

Sister Sledge
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:38 - 02 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda reminds me of my Flickr account. For those not in the know - there's a deep dark side to Flickr and it's full of creeps.
If I put a pic up of a nice view I might get 30 views over two weeks. If I tag the image with milf, hot, wet, hairy it'll get thousands of views.
Those creeps in the dark corners of Flickr hunt for key words.
The same could be applied to the sites where clicks means income - just spout utter bollox made up stuff and the views will come.

Was at a community center IT room last night and chatting to the 87 year old who started it in 2004. I asked if he thought the internet was still in its infancy (when he did work he was a radio technician on the V Bombers). His words: We started it, the internet. People shaped it, the internet. It's now become something and it's being used badly by those wanting power.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:46 - 02 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
We Found 0 Clips With "Brexit Bike Reviews"

Sad

But..

We Found 17 Clips With "Brexit"

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:10 - 05 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sister Sledge wrote:
e views will come.

Was at a community center IT room last night and chatting to the 87 year old who started it in 2004. I asked if he thought the internet was still in its infancy (when he did work he was a radio technician on the V Bombers). His words: We started it, the internet. People shaped it, the internet. It's now become something and it's being used badly by those wanting power.

My elderly neighbour, who died about 10 years ago now, I was walking past his house one day and he was putting loads of old computer magazines in a recycling bin. I asked if I could have them, and he said he had a load more if I wanted them. Really early stuff too, not the usual stuff.

He was downsizing, and getting rid of stuff. He had an original Commodore PET inside, and loads of Texas Instrument stuff all boxed, and he'd paved way for random number generation in computers.

Anyways, I bought the lot off of him, and also sold the Commodore PET and gave him half the proceeds.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:33 - 05 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to service Commodore PETs in the 80's. Sturdy buggers.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:01 - 05 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commodore PET was popular when PCs weren't used for anything important. Shocked Very Happy

It must have been frustrating to know what you wanted your PC to do but the hardware hadn't been developed to cope with the inventiveness yet. Or it was too expensive.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:16 - 07 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember programming a Sinclair Spectrum to write my name on the screen and then move it around. Courtesy of some computer magazine.

A total waste of time but I was as chuffed as fvck when it worked. Cool

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:59 - 07 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I remember programming a Sinclair Spectrum to write my name on the screen and then move it around. Courtesy of some computer magazine.

That was before chalk was invented. Thinking

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:16 - 07 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

I submitted my GCSE Astronomy Coursework project written on a ZX Spectrum. Okay, it was an emulator. But.

So what?

Well, I was in my late 30s and it was in the year 2009.

I also attracted much interest from the younger students when I produced a calculator that lit up and took 4 AA batteries. Laughing

I had a ZX80 in 1982 that my dad gave me when he got an early released Spectrum. My mates used to rush down to boots or smiths before closing time on a weekday, and bash out a quick program on the demo models in the store. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 10 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1