Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Yamaha XT 600E or 3TB

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

t0gus4
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:48 - 06 Apr 2019    Post subject: Yamaha XT 600E or 3TB Reply with quote

Hello fellow bikers.

It has been a very long time since I dove into a forum, glad to see they are still around.

Well I have recently bought my long desired 1992 XT 600E and while I have been able to do great maintenance and have it running above expectations, I was experiencing vibrations at the front under breaking. Obviously first thing I checked were the breaks, the calipers were working under one piston and the other was seized, after full maintenance it was not possible to get it working, so I have procured the same calipers which though used are in perfect working order, new O rings and rubber seals were applied, both pistons push and retract perfectly and pads do not get stuck, changed to new high quality break pads and a new disc since the last was a bit warped.

Long story short, I am still experiencing minor vibrations while under breaks at the front so I'm thinkingI need to start looking somewhere else, front suspensions, headset bearings? I believe I have exhausted variables with the breaks.

Any help or advice will be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

t0gus4
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 19:13 - 08 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

So after a lot of checking and maintenance I found that breaks were sticky, so I repaired the master cylinder and after locating the 4th used caliper that this time was 100% functional I have it resolved.

Minor vibrations under breaking now but I'm sure once I do the full maintenance of the front suspension it'll be gone.

Thank you.

jakebrownbass
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 21:35 - 08 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brake* Brakes* Neutral

t0gus4
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 23:34 - 08 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

jakebrownbass wrote:
Brake* Brakes* Neutral

I know man!!!!

I never had to do so much to get them functional and I can't understand why anyone even the previous owner who is a close friend don't look after their brakes!! Specially the front Brake!!!

Anyways yeah I've been missing the spelling of brake!!! Sometimes I get dyslexic !!!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 356 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1