Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Mango / Point Blank. Anyone heard of them?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum
View previous topic : View next topic  

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:05 - 10 Apr 2019    Post subject: Mango / Point Blank. Anyone heard of them? Reply with quote

https://www.mangobikes.com/bikes/point-blank-bike/

Opinions? Not thinking of buying one, though have just been entered into a 'roo prize draw to win one.

Never heard of them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MahatmaAndhi
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 22:44 - 10 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen them around for sale on Facebook etc. They seem to do a lot of single speeds. Always with a hefty price tag from memory. But I don't know how they compare component-wise.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:53 - 17 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't win one, but I did buy one as I got a hefty discount.

Here it is.

https://i.postimg.cc/L51t8gHR/mango-bike.jpg

Someone in my cycle club is currently assembling it for me. Embarassed

I carried it round without opening it. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:17 - 17 Sep 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it is, double sided wheel,freewheel or fixed, currently it is fixed. Uphill hard work, downhill slightly terrifying. Never ridden fixed before today, except when I was a little kid

https://i.postimg.cc/wvXVXbtZ/mango-hill.jpg
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 225 days between these two posts...

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:55 - 29 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
Here it is, double sided wheel,freewheel or fixed, currently it is fixed. Uphill hard work, downhill slightly terrifying. Never ridden fixed before today, except when I was a little kid

https://i.postimg.cc/wvXVXbtZ/mango-hill.jpg

First SPOCO time trial of the season. Only one, cos lockdown then happened. I came unclipped on this bike at almost 40mph downhill. Shocked

Left foot came out, managed not to crash, or panic, right leg just sort of got pushed up and down, left leg out the way, managed to clip back in at
bottom of the hill and finish.

I had planned to do the entire season fixed too.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 3 years, 328 days between these two posts...

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:01 - 23 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I got the LBS to upgrade the brakes, and move them to the ends of the pursuit bars.

Sounds like I got lucky getting abike from Mango, as I read about people suffering horrednous delays, and some not getting them at all, then they went bust - I think.

I don't think I will buy another bike online, LBS today said that the rear brake cable was inadequate, and probably a gear cable for example.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:56 - 23 Mar 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you normally get light and heavy duty cables on a push bike. Gear cable snapping might piss you off but a brake cable? Shocked
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Cycling Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1