Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Wheels Motorcycles Dealer

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

RAYK47
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 08:56 - 21 Apr 2019    Post subject: Wheels Motorcycles Dealer Reply with quote

Has anyone bought from this place as I have seen a Triple I am interested in? they apparently offer a lifetime guarantee, not sure exactly what they mean by that as

https://www.wheelsmotorcycles.co.uk/pages/used/used-bikes/2015-15-TRIUMPH-Street%20Triple%20R%20ABS-675cc/19988.htm

This is the blurb from the web site (it does not seem to cover Triumph anyway)..….

Yes you have read it correctly - Wheels Motorcycles offer a lifetime guarantee on all new and used motorcycles over 250cc purchased from ourselves with less than 30,000 miles or younger than 10 years at the time of purchase for all Kawasaki, Suzuki, Aprilia and Yamaha models for as long as you keep it.

Wheels Motorcycles decided to take this step two years ago after previously charging for the guarantee and finding its benefits so attractive to the customer and for Wheels Motorcycles with its added customer retention.

There are no gimmicks or overpriced service charges. We simply ask that you maintain the vehicle at its normal service intervals (first service 600 miles then generally 4,000 to 6,000 miles or annually) with ourselves.

Included in this guarantee we also give away free MOT’s when required hopefully enabling you to have many years of stress free motorcycling.

There are no complicated or extra terms and conditions to this guarantee we simply extend what would be our normal used bike warranty conditions for the lifetime that you own the vehicle.

Also, if you are one of our low annual mileage customers, no need to worry about huge service costs we will simply complete a cheaper interim service and safety check annually to maintain your warranty.

This guarantee takes the risk and worries away from the purchaser and leaves it with us, your local dealer. So with all this and hundreds of bikes to choose from as well as great finance and part exchange prices call in to see us today.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:16 - 21 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's like the 2014 low miler I was going to drop 7k on three years ago. Just before I bought my MT09
brand new for about the same money. As nice a bike as it looks it's a little overpriced if you ask me.

RAYK47
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 10:53 - 21 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to be a little high but there are not many around that fit the bill, within 50miles of me. I love that colour as well.

A new one is £9.3k

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:51 - 21 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There are no complicated or extra terms and conditions to this guarantee we simply extend what would be our normal used bike warranty conditions for the lifetime that you own the vehicle.

So what are their standard cop out terms then....

Read them fully 1st...

RAYK47
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 16:48 - 21 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I am not too bothered about the "lifetime" guarantee as they are usually a load of bull. Plus they don't list Triumph as one that qualifies.

I was more interested in if anyone has bought from them previously and any after sales experience.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:27 - 21 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAYK47 wrote:
To be honest I am not too bothered about the "lifetime" guarantee as they are usually a load of bull. Plus they don't list Triumph as one that qualifies.

I was more interested in if anyone has bought from them previously and any after sales experience.

No I haven't but having bought many many motorcycles from dealers my view is new, they will honour any guarantee. Second hand, well you might be lucky or you might not.

I have found buying a 2nd hand Honda from a Honda dealer or a Triumph from a Triumph dealer gives you more leverage? than a bike from a multi marque dealer.

In the end, if it isn't a manufacturers warranty, just expect little joy but modern bikes are so reliable now that it isn't a problem really.

If they go wrong its *usually* within the guarantee period, especially electronics.

So, from my Tef like ramblings. If you like it, can afford it and it rides right and comes with a service and new MOT Thumbs Up

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:35 - 21 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get the warranty you'd have to service by them religiously.
If you can do a passable job yourself or find someone cheaper who can it's unlikely to be worth worrying about.
It suggests that as far as they know the bike is sound as it can be for the age/mileage at point of sale.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 18:05 - 21 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my bike from them brand new. No idea what the get-outs on the lifetime warranty will be, but seeing as the bike is a Guzzi and the manufacturers warranty is only 2 years, it looks worthwhile to me. I'll take it up there once a year for a service.

I wouldn't buy a bike just for the warranty. I bought the Guzzi there because it was very cheap - about 15% less than everyone else.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:15 - 21 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAYK47 wrote:
It seems to be a little high but there are not many around that fit the bill, within 50miles of me. I love that colour as well.

A new one is £9.3k

Pretty much MT10 money. I think that's a bit high too. Having ridden both bikes I know what I'd prefer for that
kind of dough brand new, no contest. Back to your original question I agree with the others, if it's not gonna skint
you, will do what you need it to and you like it then why the fuck not? But deals are to be found if you are prepared
to do the legwork. I've always been happy to travel to buy stuff. Drove from Bristol to Birmingham last week to buy
a great big ghetto blaster thing. Was a buyer collects but was exactly what I was looking for, and more importantly,
the right price so worth the effort even with the fuel used to collect it.

It's a properly cool bike, also my favourite colour combo in those. Fowlers offered to sell me a mega low miler
in that livery that had been used in some fairly recent movie, don't know which. It had a damaged tank but they
had a new one on order for it. Had no doubt been utterly ragged by stuntmen but super, super low miles. But dat
MT10 will be the next beast to grace my driveway, I loved it.

RAYK47
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 19:41 - 21 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback all.

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:51 - 22 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had 2 bikes from there, really helpful.

RAYK47
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 13:00 - 23 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought it....picking up Saturday.

The place seems very nice, I think they are a Suzuki and Honda dealer

The sales man was very nice, not pushy at all. I was not able to have a test ride so I have put a £200 refundable deposit down (subject to the test on Saturday morning) and they will get it ready to ride away for Saturday morning if I am happy after the test ride.

As I suspected triumph are exempt from the lifetime warranty, 3 months for triumph.

MahatmaAndhi
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 17:47 - 23 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one.

If it's the one near me in Peterborough (website's down, can't check) then it's been around for years and years. There's two shops in the compound, one does Honda, the other does 'the rest'. There's always a shed load of bikers mulling about for the cafe there too. It seems more like a community than just a shop.

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 23:14 - 23 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought my RSV4 RF from them. Never set foot in the place though, had it delivered to my door for £200. All good, everything went nicely, the sales guy did a walk around video and explained everything I asked in it, we spot on.

RAYK47
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 06:36 - 24 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

MahatmaAndhi wrote:

If it's the one near me in Peterborough (website's down, can't check) then it's been around for years and years. There's two shops in the compound, one does Honda, the other does 'the rest'. There's always a shed load of bikers mulling about for the cafe there too. It seems more like a community than just a shop.

Yeah that's the one. They have taken the one I bought off the site now.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 1 day ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1