Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So... What oiled your gears today? ARCHIVE

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 215, 216, 217 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:45 - 23 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
I don't think I have any kind of cleaning OCD but I couldn't tolerate living in a house with a shitter that got to a level of filth which required even half an hour to clean.

The porcelain's OK, it's the rest of it... damp, no heating.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:38 - 23 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
recman wrote:
I don't think I have any kind of cleaning OCD but I couldn't tolerate living in a house with a shitter that got to a level of filth which required even half an hour to clean.

No heating at all?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:21 - 23 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Riejufixing wrote:

No heating at all?

No, none. That should really go under "What grinds my gears" Smile In winter I have to look out for the pipes freezing.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:16 - 23 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Pepperami is smile today Smile .

My phone stopped accepting a charge over the weekend.
I took it to the I-Shop today.
It took the spotty youth behind the counter five minutes to fix Clapping .
Apparently it’s a common problem with these phone.

Bits find their way in the little charging port and can’t get out and stop you getting the little pluggy in thing getting all the way in.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:00 - 23 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gave you a " Thumbs Up Cool", because Peppers is usually so grumpy Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:04 - 23 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Gave you a " Thumbs Up Cool", because Peppers is usually so grumpy Laughing

Pepperami is so hurt by the grumpy tag Laughing Thumbs Up

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:29 - 24 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I went for a small ride (other side of the North Circ, to my house and back) and became further accustomed to being a motorcyclist again, and then a Harley Davidson riding motorcyclist.

I am not yet correctly attired but then I never really was Laughing

My choke has already wobbled itself out of its casing from the insane vibrations of the engine, and so I have learnt how to wedge it back in and re-screw the nut that holds it in place.

Twice. Rolling Eyes

Well done you! My longest layoff was about 9 years Shocked and on the first day back on, it was just like riding a bike - well I was a bit rusty for a while.

Put a bit of thread lock on the screw that vibrates loose. Think of it as nail varnish for bikes, but don't get them mixed up. Wink

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:50 - 24 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took me ol' mum to the horspital. Pushed the wheelchair into a lift, which already contained a large agricultural-looking gentleman, and an other gentleman in a green turban, and a lady with an infant in a pushchair and several more children, and Colonel Mustard in a sports jacket. A nondescript person also got in, then two policemen with yellow hi-viz jackets on.

Just before the doors closed, the nondescript person jumped out. "THERE HE IS" yelled the policemen, who'd both been standing right next to him, and charged out of the closing door in hot pursuit.

For some reason it seemed rather funny. They got their man, who was, according to the receptionist, a patient.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:09 - 24 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

*googles "Thread Lock"*

Thank you Phoomeister *mwah* I shall investigate this nail varnish phenomenon on the weekend when I get home.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:22 - 24 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I am awarding myself a medal for being "athletic" enough (at aged 57+3/4s) to have got myself through a tiny bathroom window when I locked myself out in the back yard, whilst Max was still in the house.

Thank God it was one of those windows that opens right out to 90 degrees, else I would have had NO chance. I was surprised that my fat arse even fit through it at all Shocked

Clad only in a singlet and stretch leggings (no underwear) I somehow managed to climb up onto one of those plastic food-waste containers that the more right-on of the London councils give out to their residents, whilst giving myself a leg up from a couple of plastic shoeboxes. Then I managed to wiggle my way hand over hand into the bath until I could get one leg into the window and over the ledge of the bath.

By the time I managed to get two hands into the bath and hand-walk into it so that I didn't end up crashing into it and breaking my arm or my nose (or both) - my tits fell consecutively out of the singlet and dangled there helpfully, causing me to have to stop and laugh, which only made them wobble more. I was nearly apoplectic with hilarity and it was the most dangerous moment of the whole exercise, fucks sake.

I can't imagine what any neighbours might have thought, had they chanced to look out their window at that very moment Shocked

Max helped out enormously by running in and out of the bathroom, wagging his tail, and enthusiastically sniffing my arse whilst I was half way in with one leg on the floor and the other still in the window.

Thanks Maxie, you're such a pal! Rolling Eyes

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:01 - 25 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riejufixing wrote:
Took me ol' mum to the horspital. Pushed the wheelchair into a lift, which already contained a large agricultural-looking gentleman, and an other gentleman in a green turban

You sure you weren't looking at your avatar pic?

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:37 - 25 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

After work today I filtered like a motherfucker through Chelsea and up onto the A40 and round the North Circ.

But by the time I got to Park Royal I was fed up of playing Traffic Tetris, so I got off to have a cup of coffee and something to eat at the Ace Caff.

It was Harley night (surprise!) and I met some very nice people, who were not posers or gangster wannabes.

#civilised

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:43 - 26 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notice handed in.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:57 - 26 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

My birthday today. 46 years old. I have planned some weed (already made a start on that), beer (when the pub
opens, my landlords buying my beer today cos I walk his dog a lot) and posh burgers at Hubbox this evening. As I
always do on my birthday, I will start the day with a shave. Only task I have to do is walk the dog which I enjoy
anyway especially as it will lead me to some free beer. No gifts this year but that's okay, I don't want for much really.
Mum and a couple of my longer serving pals got me a card so that was nice too.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:50 - 26 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
My birthday today. 46 years old. I have planned some weed (already made a start on that), beer (when the pub
opens, my landlords buying my beer today cos I walk his dog a lot) and posh burgers at Hubbox this evening. As I
always do on my birthday, I will start the day with a shave. Only task I have to do is walk the dog which I enjoy
anyway especially as it will lead me to some free beer. No gifts this year but that's okay, I don't want for much really.
Mum and a couple of my longer serving pals got me a card so that was nice too.

Happy Birthday.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:51 - 26 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't look that old Bounce!
Hope you have a great day xx

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:02 - 27 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
Notice handed in.

And as a result of the above, I now have 3 offers on the table, including a nice double digit % offer rise from my current employer. Very Happy

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:33 - 28 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am visiting wife's relatives up in Bedford. She doesn't get to see them very often. Oiling my gears is how my wifes aunts fella, a large black gentleman called Clive got me in a bag of weed for last night without me even asking him to. Got a bit left to take home too. Top man. Took the edge off all the time spent with dogs and kids going mental.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:50 - 28 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally having a watertight garage roof. Only took me two years to fix it properly.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:58 - 28 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Today I am awarding myself a medal for being "athletic" ...

Thank you, hellkat, I was literally crying with laughter and a little bit of wee almost came out Very Happy

Today I managed to get the turd scooter to go up and down the road which was nice. The neighbour who donated it was also glad to see it up and running. My wife was also happy because she thought that all the tools would then depart our hallway.

One person in the above story was later disappointed, can you guess which one?

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:50 - 29 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, is it sex related?

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:48 - 30 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the doctors, best exchange of the day. Old bloke comes in:

Old bloke: I have an appointment to have my ears syringed.

Receptionist: Room 16

Old bloke: Pardon?

lol.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:07 - 30 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bodies of two women have been found in a freezer about three streets away from where I live.

Shocked

Apparently the rozzers have a blue tent up in the back garden.
Woot!

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:00 - 30 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

My latest Suzuki Inazuma had one hell of a work out yesterday, Started in Kent, up to London, up to Harlow (essex) and by 5:30 I was in Thatcham Berkshire.
BUT, just as I deliver the Thatcham I get job details for a collection in Bichester (oxford), So I collect package, back into London and home.
I racked up over 300 miles during the day and got a chance to really open the bike up. Laughing Gears well oiled.

Today, woke up knackered but thankfully my controller cut me a lot of slack, had an easy day but still managed a hack down the A3 to cobham, upto Kingston,
Teddington then Chelsea. Rest of the day was around Notting Hill and Shepards Bush, Home early.

SO the bike has really had a good workout and at least the tyres are now working properly. Razz

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:07 - 30 Apr 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and in complete contrast my little jaunt was from Tolworth to Surbiton in my lunch hour Smile

Even the few minutes, there and back, in the sunshine was like meditation. If I still had the car it would have taken longer to find a parking space than complete the journey!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 352 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 215, 216, 217 ... 335, 336, 337  Next
Page 216 of 337